P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

USPS postage increase Jan 27th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Black

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily I am in Chicago and about 50% of my business is face-to-face sales at gigs or record fairs. No paypal and no shipping!

I feel sympathy for those who are more dependent on mailorder to stay alive.
bitewerks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read a post on fb from someone who shipped a cd to the UK w/jewelcase in bubble mailer for $12.75. Same price for a 7", also to the UK, in a bagsunlimited 7" mailer. He's in Rhode Island. I figured a cd or a 7" would be around $8-10, not nearly $13.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'll find out how bad shipping for an LP is from here to Canada later today. That'll probably be my last non-US shipment for a long time unless something important pops up.
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i guess it will be really bad for smaller label, but bigger ones just will improve distribution in Europe or in the rest of the world.. there is drop-shipping from manufacturers and so on....
Like NWN! -> Iron Bonehead
or HHB -> Hammerheart(as i got them now have with them some "special" deals)
and so on...
Shame though, i remember slogan "postage killed punk", and i guess same happens with metal now Idea
vorfeed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitewerks wrote:
Just read a post on fb from someone who shipped a cd to the UK w/jewelcase in bubble mailer for $12.75. Same price for a 7", also to the UK, in a bagsunlimited 7" mailer. He's in Rhode Island. I figured a cd or a 7" would be around $8-10, not nearly $13.

It should be more like $9 than $12.75 -- a CD in a light bubble mailer is 4 oz. The Scotch brand mailers you get at Office Depot and such are too heavy, but 4bubble.com has cheap and super-light poly bubble mailers...

For me the most painful thing will be shipping to Canada & Mexico. The rates are completely crazy now... only a dollar or two cheaper than Europe despite the fact that most of Mexico is closer to me than New York! Rolling Eyes
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Guess I'll find out how bad shipping for an LP is from here to Canada later today. That'll probably be my last non-US shipment for a long time unless something important pops up.

Spoiler alert: $11.95 or $13.35, most likely.
bitewerks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
bitewerks wrote:

It should be more like $9 than $12.75 -- a CD in a light bubble mailer is 4 oz. The Scotch brand mailers you get at Office Depot and such are too heavy, but 4bubble.com has cheap and super-light poly bubble mailers...

For me the most painful thing will be shipping to Canada & Mexico. The rates are completely crazy now... only a dollar or two cheaper than Europe despite the fact that most of Mexico is closer to me than New York! Rolling Eyes

Maybe he got a postal clerk who put their thumb on the scale.
mikelapocalipsis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, is ridiculous¡¡¡

vorfeed wrote:
bitewerks wrote:

BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just shipped a CD to Canada with jewel case for only $2.65, also the postage was not already on the package.

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
FengisRipRider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Quote:
Once again the government is out to hurt the economy and make it even worse. This is going to effect many small businesses.

It's actually FedEx and UPS trying to squeeze USPS out of business. Not to say that the government is not to blame for the mess they've created, but the FedEx/UPS lobbyists are don't their best to increase USPS postage for us. Sign the petition I linked earlier in this long thread.

Its easy enough to do, I hope everyone signs the petition as well.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BreedingtheSpawn wrote:
I just shipped a CD to Canada with jewel case for only $2.65, also the postage was not already on the package.

Must have been processed as an envelope/flat instead of a package.
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I charged a guy $15 which included shipping to Colombia for 1 cd.I just mailed and it weighed 5.6 ounces and it was $12.65 + $1.49 mailer and I included 2 free patches. USPS is really expensive now. I lost out close to $7 on this one Laughing
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are paying for government employees to unionize and take monthlong coffee breaks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to order one(!) shirt off Ebay, until I saw shipping from the states was 45 dlrs, haha. "Sure"!
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 wrote:
I was going to order one(!) shirt off Ebay, until I saw shipping from the states was 45 dlrs, haha. "Sure"!

That's juts rip-off pricing. 1 shirt can still be shipped to Europe 1st class for about $10, or in a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope for $23.95.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 12 of 22

Jump to: