P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Benighted in Sodom (the band from the US)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Benighted in Sodom (the band from the US) Reply with quote

Just having a look through this guy's discography and fuck he is prolific. His project before BiS, Midwinter Storm, has an absolute ton of material too. His old releases seem to have been released by Obscure Abhorrence but his recent material has all been self-released.

Bizarre band, it seems. Does anyone else here know of this project at all or have an opinion on his music? It seems highly hit-and-miss, though a few tracks seem to be very impressive.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't bothered listening to this band, but I highly recommend checking out AEvangelist. Fucking horrific, suffocating, atmospheric evil. Puts most bands playing this style to shame.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have heard their music and it's fucking great. I didn't know until just now the guy behind BiS was in that project.

This is a good BiS track - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn6jdTxCRJU
.aske

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like something Pitchfork readers would love.
BreadGod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Benighted in Sodom. They're one of the few depressive black metal bands that can actually be called good. I especially love his take on "Satanic Black Devotion". I'll even go so far as to say his version is better than the original song.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdm7ee_benighted-in-sodom-satanic-black-de_music
ms_39455

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting project. Albums hold up alright most of the time for me. Hit or miss like was mentioned. Production issues are my main qualms. Hypnotic live sound though. Caught them with Frostmoon Eclipse some years ago on a tiny US tour. One man project with session players. Some of the guys from Chaos Moon I believe.
nileppez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wait for the shit comments how he releases multiple albums per year so it must be shit. Haven't listened to music though.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms_39455 wrote:
Interesting project. Albums hold up alright most of the time for me. Hit or miss like was mentioned. Production issues are my main qualms. Hypnotic live sound though. Caught them with Frostmoon Eclipse some years ago on a tiny US tour. One man project with session players. Some of the guys from Chaos Moon I believe.

Chaos Moon are very good.

This guy seems to have been associated with Leviathan and Chaos Moon, as well as Bethlehem at one point.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave it a few chances, and the music always bored me.
multicide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the gayest bands around. Music is god awful.
Dalihrob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
Haven't bothered listening to this band, but I highly recommend checking out AEvangelist. Fucking horrific, suffocating, atmospheric evil. Puts most bands playing this style to shame.

No.

Very weak, amateurish and boring attempt in playing "Portal/Mitochondrion-esque" style of death metal.
Dostojanstvenik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalihrob wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:

No.

Very weak, amateurish and boring attempt in playing "Portal/Mitochondrion-esque" style of death metal.

totally agreed, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the amount of praise this album received even on this board...totally weak shit!!
never even bothered checking out BiS... just looking at some photos of the guy is enough to conclude that it's probably gay and crap Wink
In Solitude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dostojanstvenik wrote:
...just looking at some photos of the guy is enough to conclude that it's probably gay and crap Wink

Ugh, yeah. I usually could give two shits about how someone looks, but he really tries to look like a self-absorbed goth queen. Makes me sick.
NN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Benighted in Sodom (the band from the US) Reply with quote

AmaLurra wrote:
Just having a look through this guy's discography and fuck he is prolific. His project before BiS, Midwinter Storm, has an absolute ton of material too. His old releases seem to have been released by Obscure Abhorrence but his recent material has all been self-released.

Bizarre band, it seems. Does anyone else here know of this project at all or have an opinion on his music? It seems highly hit-and-miss, though a few tracks seem to be very impressive.

Ruben cut his own ass UP.
He can write songs, NO ONE knows this but i joined B.I.S. for a spell when I lived in south florida in destitution. There is a rehearsal video from my tenure out there on the net....
I always thought that his style was sort ov a shoegazey take on BM... Not to knock it so much but...he can write songs.
Poor guy was taking life real hard...goth queen is right, sullen and solipsistic to the max...the giveaway is when they work fishnet into the outfit.
The last show i did with BIS was at Alligator Alley in Oakland Park or Fart Loudernow...I brought the late Dan Hosker in on bass and he learned all the songs off ov one ov the CDs...the show was one ov thise brilliant mishaps where the mistake is better than the correct....we played BIS songs but Dan's bass was rhythmically tight but wasn't always in the same key as Ruben intended. The result was modern bitonal tropical Black Metal and the audience was stunned.
raskolnikhilov

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalihrob wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:

No.

A pathetic attempt to ride the occult/ritualistic black death (or whatever they call it) Bandwagon that seems to be in vogue, there are bands that execute this style of black/death much much better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: