P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Black metal movie at Sundance film festival 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live right next to that Crestview mart where this was filmed... leave it to Austinites to make this kind of junk...
mithrandir

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure are a lot of ugly people in this movie...
Cacique

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When comes the blu-ray?
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
Welcome to the demystified world of metal. Nothing is esoteric, nothing is dangerous, no one is turned away. Thanks to people saying shit like "it's just about the music", it's now for everyone, for better or for worse.

People didn't want it to be a subculture, because then it would not be egalitarian.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:
Welcome to the demystified world of metal. Nothing is esoteric, nothing is dangerous, no one is turned away. Thanks to people saying shit like "it's just about the music", it's now for everyone, for better or for worse.

People didn't want it to be a subculture, because then it would not be egalitarian.

I had an argument with some little prick about this the other night. He kept saying that this movie is "good for the scene", and that "black metal was never meant to be exclusionary or antagonistic". Laughing
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Conservationist wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

I had an argument with some little prick about this the other night. He kept saying that this movie is "good for the scene", and that "black metal was never meant to be exclusionary or antagonistic". Laughing

That seems to be a pretty common opinion these days.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
Conservationist wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

Probably right. People are really fucking stupid.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
Conservationist wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

Probably right. People are really fucking stupid.

Agreed.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
nileppez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to disagree with such viewpoint on say Metal Archives forum, and you're gonna get shittalked by everyone including the mods.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the main guys who worked on (wrote?) this turd is actually a pretty good True Crime author. His next book coming out is a Phil Anselmo autobiography Laughing

http://www.amazon.com/Corey-Mitchell/e/B001I9QLJ6
.aske

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
One of the main guys who worked on (wrote?) this turd is actually a pretty good True Crime author. His next book coming out is a Phil Anselmo autobiography Laughing

How does one person write an autobiography for someone else? That's impossible.
Aszfargoth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:

Partially true; although, as far as I am concerned, the emphasis on egalitarianism is misplaced: there's little pro-egalitarian (except if one views the intent of the film at hand to be to make black metal "accessible for everybody!" as pro-egalitarian) about the want to display black metal musicians as "regular people."

Probably, this short-film is intended for an audience anxious about cultural modes of expression that are different or contrary to their style of life. Most contemporary cultural products are created with the intent of being immediately adoptable by the individual and thus musn't contradict their experience realm - a contradiction that is intrinsic to the experience of black metal, for even its seasoned and accustomed audience isn't likely to actually, e. g., sodomise the dead for Satan on a regular basis. Black metal, insofar as it is a form of art, always and inevitably is a "counter project" to everyday life, its parte maudite.

This "outside" of everyday life is disconcerting for many, who'd rather any forms of experience beyond the profane or mundane sphere be reduced to individuals' subjectivities and thus rendered harmless - which is quite a silly thing to desire as black metal isn't per se "dangerous" or "harmful," because (to and for me, at least) it is part of the sacral sphere of the individuals that take an active interest in it. Generally, it isn't any more harmful to society than religious practitioners.

It's all petit bourgeois touchy-feely-talk, really. On a related note, I've been to an exhibition of a local art society recently, and boy, are they (i.e. creators and audience of large parts of contemporary art) ever deadlocked in an incessant desire for products of art whose main purport is "Look! This thing right here was made by someone just like you! You're not alone in being an awkward, sentimental, twenty-something!" I assume that this short-film's of the same descent.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.aske wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:

I think it's because Phil is most likely illiterate and dictates it to this guy.
It's actually a pretty common thing to have another person involved in an autobiography... sometimes the person telling the story needs help to get the best material out, or just help with the actual writing of the book itself.
Kinda like how a personal trainer works with a person, to get the best results out of them . This was obviously the case with Ozzy's autobiography.... one can only imagine the mess that thing would be if it was Ozzy going it alone with a pen and paper. Laughing

Edit : here's the story about it. Mitchell will "Co-author" Anselmo's autobiography.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/08/27/book-deal-for-phil-anselmos-autobiography-finalized/
.aske

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
This was obviously the case with Ozzy's autobiography.... one can only imagine the mess that thing would be if it was Ozzy going it alone with a pen and paper. Laughing

Lol

It would be written like:

"ah i heg heaha ag$ha ha#%^ha ,je$ghai"
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
.aske wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:

I think it's because Phil is most likely illiterate and dictates it to this guy.
It's actually a pretty common thing to have another person involved in an autobiography... sometimes the person telling the story needs help to get the best material out, or just help with the actual writing of the book itself.
Kinda like how a personal trainer works with a person, to get the best results out of them . This was obviously the case with Ozzy's autobiography.... one can only imagine the mess that thing would be if it was Ozzy going it alone with a pen and paper. Laughing

Edit : here's the story about it. Mitchell will "Co-author" Anselmo's autobiography.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/08/27/book-deal-for-phil-anselmos-autobiography-finalized/

Cowboys from hell - Ghost writers in the sky Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: