P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Best Black Metal country?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your favorite country when it comes to Black Metal?
Norway
28%
 28%  [ 66 ]
Sweden
11%
 11%  [ 27 ]
Finland
20%
 20%  [ 49 ]
Canada
8%
 8%  [ 20 ]
France
8%
 8%  [ 20 ]
USA
3%
 3%  [ 8 ]
Spain
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Italy
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Poland
7%
 7%  [ 17 ]
Greece
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 234

Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cultofvomit wrote:
Haunt In The Dark wrote:
asmael LeBouc wrote:
Finland.
I love ANTAEUS but historically they came way after Beherit and Archgoat and even Horna so, France's ruled out.

Beherit, yes, they're influential. Archgoat? I'm not sure.

Archgoat not influential. ok. the discussion is at this point of development. very interesting.

Please go on and tell me about Archgoat's influence on the worldwide scene BM without complaining and using the words "faggot", "shit", etc... I'm all ears.

cultofvomit wrote:

also, why france is getting so many votes? ok, let me see: Antaeus, DSO, Hell Militia, Arkhon Infaustus...then? are you seriously thinking about les legiones noires? oh shit.

I'm going to be a dick like you and tell you you sound like a 17-year-old who discovered BM 2 years ago when he started collecting NWN die-hards because they looked cool.
Dalen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
I don't get the Norwegian hate.

Because it's cool to be different. Norway is the "best" black metal-related country for those classic 5-10 traditional sounding bands and its 5-10 avant-garde ones, regardless of anyone's taste in music. Now, if someone prefers some other country, that's an entirely different matter even though I did base my own choice on personal criteria.
cultofvomit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
cultofvomit wrote:
Haunt In The Dark wrote:
asmael LeBouc wrote:
Finland.
I love ANTAEUS but historically they came way after Beherit and Archgoat and even Horna so, France's ruled out.

Archgoat not influential. ok. the discussion is at this point of development. very interesting.

Please go on and tell me about Archgoat's influence on the worldwide scene BM without complaining and using the words "faggot", "shit", etc... I'm all ears.

cultofvomit wrote:

also, why france is getting so many votes? ok, let me see: Antaeus, DSO, Hell Militia, Arkhon Infaustus...then? are you seriously thinking about les legiones noires? oh shit.

I'm going to be a dick like you and tell you you sound like a 17-year-old who discovered BM 2 years ago when he started collecting NWN die-hards because they looked cool.

Angelcunt-Tales of Desecration is a real INFLUENTIAL release.

oh yes i'm 17 you are right. hope to get soon my driving licence.

when people "blaspheme" saying that the "godly" Norway was overrated, norwegian-addicted get crazy.

yes about france you are right, i'm forgetting "influential" band like Imperial, Celestia, Fornication, Black Lodge, Glorior Belli and some other.

i have nothing against french scene, i like Antaeus and some others, like SVEST, but legiones noires were 98% horrible. .
you're a fucking moron

Blutkvlt wrote:
For some reason I was confusing Asphyx with Pestilence, who suck

good deals: corporis, Merkavah, BloodVengeance, Decimator
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cultofvomit wrote:
Haunt In The Dark wrote:
cultofvomit wrote:
Haunt In The Dark wrote:
asmael LeBouc wrote:
Finland.

cultofvomit wrote:

Angelcunt-Tales of Desecration is a real INFLUENTIAL release.

yes about france you are right, i'm forgetting "influential" band like Imperial, Celestia, Fornication, Black Lodge, Glorior Belli and some other.

i have nothing against french scene, i like Antaeus and some others, like SVEST, but legiones noires were 98% horrible. .

Opinions, bad faith and no facts to back up your claims. Again.
cultofvomit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPINIONS: any opinion about norway is influenced by burned churches and murders. there's no objectivity about norwegian black metal music.

to burn churches DOESN'T mean you are good in creating black metal music. Some guys, actually, were good in both performing excellent music and using lighter+gasoline, most part of others were not.

now i stop this shit, you guys worshipping norsecore are like muslims for hallah, norway is the "sacred entity", the "untouchable one", the supreme spirit of black metal. crap.
you're a fucking moron

Blutkvlt wrote:
For some reason I was confusing Asphyx with Pestilence, who suck

good deals: corporis, Merkavah, BloodVengeance, Decimator
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cultofvomit wrote:

to burn churches DOESN'T mean you are good in creating black metal music. Some guys, actually, were good in both performing excellent music and using lighter+gasoline, most part of others were not.

So please tell us;
- "how many good records there have to come before we can vote some country?"
- "how many bad bands/records there have to be when they start overshadowing the good bands/records?"
- "what country we should vote and for what reason?"

If records like Hvis Lyset Tar Oss or Kunsten Maa Vi Evigt Vike or Bergtatt were recorded in Paraguay at that time, I would say Paraguay then.
Abgrund

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norway.
nileppez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cultofvomit wrote:
OPINIONS: any opinion about norway is influenced by burned churches and murders. there's no objectivity about norwegian black metal music.

now i stop this shit, you guys worshipping norsecore are like muslims for hallah, norway is the "sacred entity", the "untouchable one", the supreme spirit of black metal. crap.

So, people who are into black metal for years still are under impression 'wow these guys burned a church FOR REAL'? What a gypsy.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denying or taking away from the importance of the Norwegian black metal scene is beyond stupid.
Grim Reality

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Not gonna vote as mentally I don't really group bands together under country so I will probably just forget which country contains the greatest number of my favourite bands.

In terms of current bands I really like Dodsengel who are Norwegian and of course Mayhem, Burzum, Darkthrone are hard to ignore.

Germany is not on the list and many of my favourite new and old bands come from there. Like early Bethlehem, Desaster and Nagelfar. Ruins of Beverast, Verdunkeln, Graupel, Lunar aurora are decent amongst the newer bands, especially Ruins...

I don't think I listen to any French metal. I remember getting a cassette of some band Celestia (I think) a while back and it left me with a bad impression. Total shit as far as I remember so maybe it has subconciously put me off French metal.

I'm no fan of the Greek sound - its ok - but I realise a lot of people worship it. Spain and Italy? Apart from Mortuary Drape early stuff I can't think of anything I really enjoy from these countries. Teitanblood is alright, no more, and Proclomation precipitated a hangover at NWN fest a couple of years back. Woeful dull shite. I'm not convinced mediterranean dudes have the right environment for the kind of BM I like. I'm listening to Cultes Des Ghoules right now - I couldn't see this kind of atmosphere coming from some sunburnt olive growing hillside. Sorry.

Scandinavia as a whole probably wins. Central and eastern Europe also high up there and there is some class shit old and new right across the Americas. Vague, yes, I know. Even relative backwaters like Ireland and England has some killer stuff but i guess you can say that about any country....
speedevilucifer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your point but if you are into black metal for years,tell me is there more dark and evil material from Necromantia /Varathron split???
And this masterpiece of dark and occult art comes...from the land of Apollon!Sun,sea,ouzo and olive oil!
Also,you referred to Mortuary Drape.They are the definition of satanic and evil atmosphere in black metal!And they come from Mediterranean sea.(Hail Italy)
The only records who could approach this diabolic majesty is first two Samael.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cultofvomit wrote:

Guess what, my favourite Norwegian bands are early Enslaved, Immortal, Isvind, Manes, etc... Now tell me how many churches they burned?
The Prophet Muhammad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cultofvomit wrote:

You actually believe the retarded shit you just wrote? You aren't exactly on a forum full of burzum-worshipping mallcore kids. People who listed Norway were quite clear about its merits, and while some of the church burning social-antics bands do deserve mentioning, it is despite this shit, not because of it. I said Norway because of bands like Kvist, Obtained Enslavement, Kaevum, Taake, Tsjuder, Sargeist and so on. I'm quite certain that others did so for the same reason. If anything, its people like you who spend too much time focused on the burnings. Rolling Eyes
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
mithrandir wrote:
Norway, still undefeatable, for the concentration of sheer creativity of the early/mid 90s,

Pretty much. I mean, if this poll's focus were on the current scene, things would be quite different, I imagine.

Currently? Simple. It's France. Think about how wildly influential DSO has been; France practically spawned the "third wave" of black metal.
The Prophet Muhammad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrucifixionWounds wrote:
The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
mithrandir wrote:
Norway, still undefeatable, for the concentration of sheer creativity of the early/mid 90s,

Pretty much. I mean, if this poll's focus were on the current scene, things would be quite different, I imagine.

Currently? Simple. It's France. Think about how wildly influential DSO has been; France practically spawned the "third wave" of black metal.

Its still not "simple", but yeah, France would definitely be in the running for me too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: