P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

KLINGON SPLATTER METAL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lordoftherim



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 2802

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NN wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:
well at least there hasn't been any ANB references/comparisons made. hahahaha


ANB Question



ANB= the atrocity known as Agoraphobic Nosebleed
_________________
trade-want list/available list- http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20339
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phantom Feel



Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 125

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: HYPERBLASTING HARSH NOISE METAL Reply with quote

NN wrote:

All four large-scale compositions by this band will be available on one 90-minute triple-album-length cassette in partnership with the brave PREPOSTEROUS CREATIONS label (France).
More info soon.


This is good news. Support to both NN and Preposterous Creations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NN wrote:
bherstuk wrote:
Noism is better


If we were going for NON-psykedelik type-writery drum-machine blasting I might agree...yours is a valid comparison on the hyperblasting bionic metal tip.
noism has parallels with this us as far as the thick low-mid-to-mid-freq guitar sound...the drum machine certainly places them/him in a grouping with Mick Barr's guitar solo-with-drum-machine stuff
BUT
Mindfull Noise Detonates Lykanthropik Sado-Barbarik Light Speed Thundering Nuklear Goddessrape is about biomechanical blasting and an organic-machinism all the way thru to the vocoder-esque throat-singing.
I'm listening to one piece by noism right now that sounds like fucking EDM with better drum sounds..it's ALL electronic...it's worse than the worst thing we've ever done --or Mick's solo-with-drum-machine stuff-- by a wide margin.
Though I appreciate your reference and I do dig this noism as a more generic form ov the KRATORNAS school, I can't agree with your assertion that it's better on the grounds that our music is simply superior in harmonic counterpoint and novelty ov invention...and my tempos rival his unblinking drum programming, though they're not as consistent...I don't want them to be...idiosyncrasy yields a forest ov detail, uniformity yields nothing additional.


I've got some Noism material and I really don't see the close comparison. Excellent work!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NN



Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 651

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
NN wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:
well at least there hasn't been any ANB references/comparisons made. hahahaha


ANB Question



ANB= the atrocity known as Agoraphobic Nosebleed


A-HA!
I just ran into this French band from the 80s, so fucking good.
RAPT.
they got one song on youtube.
_________________
http://nondornevai.com/news.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Germaniac



Joined: 20 Aug 2010
Posts: 378
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But A-HA is from Norway? Nevertheless I love Sun Always Shines On TV!
_________________
Planet Earth is great to visit but you wouldn't want to live there

http://gentrylord.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NN



Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 651

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germaniac wrote:
But A-HA is from Norway? Nevertheless I love Sun Always Shines On TV!


I guess if you're ABLE to sing falsetto techno-pop with a strait face the vaginal commands will be yours to make.
_________________
http://nondornevai.com/news.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lordoftherim



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 2802

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NN wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:
NN wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:
well at least there hasn't been any ANB references/comparisons made. hahahaha


ANB Question



ANB= the atrocity known as Agoraphobic Nosebleed


A-HA!
I just ran into this French band from the 80s, so fucking good.
RAPT.
they got one song on youtube.



wow, this is great indeed! wonder if its scraps related at all? maybe its just a french thing, but the vocals kinda resemble each other



*edit* looks like they did a split with Larm too. makes perfect sense as they are very similar in styling... I hear Mob 47 influences too. totally killer though. I definitely have to seek this stuff out
_________________
trade-want list/available list- http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20339
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NN



Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 651

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
NN wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:
NN wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:
well at least there hasn't been any ANB references/comparisons made. hahahaha


ANB Question



ANB= the atrocity known as Agoraphobic Nosebleed


A-HA!
I just ran into this French band from the 80s, so fucking good.
RAPT.
they got one song on youtube.


this is what influences our hyperblasting harsh noise metal


wow, this is great indeed! wonder if its scraps related at all? maybe its just a french thing, but the vocals kinda resemble each other



*edit* looks like they did a split with Larm too. makes perfect sense as they are very similar in styling... I hear Mob 47 influences too. totally killer though. I definitely have to seek this stuff out

_________________
http://nondornevai.com/news.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Haunt In The Dark



Joined: 24 Oct 2009
Posts: 911
Location: Trve De Baal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapt were awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NN



Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 651

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
NN wrote:
bherstuk wrote:
Noism is better


If we were going for NON-psykedelik type-writery drum-machine blasting I might agree...yours is a valid comparison on the hyperblasting bionic metal tip.
noism has parallels with this us as far as the thick low-mid-to-mid-freq guitar sound...the drum machine certainly places them/him in a grouping with Mick Barr's guitar solo-with-drum-machine stuff
BUT
Mindfull Noise Detonates Lykanthropik Sado-Barbarik Light Speed Thundering Nuklear Goddessrape is about biomechanical blasting and an organic-machinism all the way thru to the vocoder-esque throat-singing.
I'm listening to one piece by noism right now that sounds like fucking EDM with better drum sounds..it's ALL electronic...it's worse than the worst thing we've ever done --or Mick's solo-with-drum-machine stuff-- by a wide margin.
Though I appreciate your reference and I do dig this noism as a more generic form ov the KRATORNAS school, I can't agree with your assertion that it's better on the grounds that our music is simply superior in harmonic counterpoint and novelty ov invention...and my tempos rival his unblinking drum programming, though they're not as consistent...I don't want them to be...idiosyncrasy yields a forest ov detail, uniformity yields nothing additional.


I've got some Noism material and I really don't see the close comparison. Excellent work!


THX
interestingly, Helioglobus, the NOISM reference the other guy made is germane with the OTHER WORK ov MICK BARR, his solo-with-drum-machine material.
The 4-track lone metal guitarist with a drum machine is it's own subgenre ov extreme metal instrumentation style...however, MNDSLBLSTNG is NOT that...my advisor tells me that when i say 'speed metal' everyone thinks ov torn jeans and sneakers but what else do i kall PROGRESSIV SPEED-OBSSESSED HEAVY METAL like US?
_________________
http://nondornevai.com/news.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
wasteland



Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 579

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty awesome. The vocals remind me of my roommate's stuff which surprised me quite a bit. KEEP KILLING
_________________
holy ghost wrote:
"as of 11th December 2012, black metal is for queers"


morg wrote:
Fuck is end!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NN



Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 651

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: HYPERBLASTING HARSH NOISE METAL Reply with quote

Phantom Feel wrote:
NN wrote:

All four large-scale compositions by this band will be available on one 90-minute triple-album-length cassette in partnership with the brave PREPOSTEROUS CREATIONS label (France).
More info soon.


This is good news. Support to both NN and Preposterous Creations.


http://preposterouscreations.bandcamp.com/album/worse-worse-1979-2088

this tape is gonna be
NINETY MINUTES
ov
HIGH-DENSITY BLURRBLASTING Shocked
_________________
http://nondornevai.com/news.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
goatfish



Joined: 14 Sep 2007
Posts: 165
Location: NC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's gonna have copies for stateside maniacs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Preposterous Creations



Joined: 30 Apr 2012
Posts: 71
Location: rancid side of France

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goatfish wrote:
Who's gonna have copies for stateside maniacs?

Colloquial Sound Recordings traditionally distribute my releases in the US. But NN himself will get a few copies.
_________________
Connect: http://preposterouscreations.com
Listen: http://music.preposterouscreations.com
Buy: http://store.preposterouscreations.com
Avoid: http://preposterouscreations.com/scammers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NN



Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 651

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preposterous Creations wrote:
goatfish wrote:
Who's gonna have copies for stateside maniacs?

Colloquial Sound Recordings traditionally distribute my releases in the US. But NN himself will get a few copies.


We're waiting on the mysterious shredwizard call'd Mick Barr, who is a scholar ov extreme metal and neoklasikal virtuoso who can summon witheringly evil tones that make a man's soul feel permanently alone.
Mick must handwrite the sigils to seal the spell and invoke a tool ov power in the mind's ear ov the awakened ones.
_________________
http://nondornevai.com/news.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group