P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

what are the gayest albums in your collection?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:
All that she wants...is a clean kitchen.

The best part is that it drives my girlfriend crazy when I play that shitty CD...

I'd probably chase you around the kitchen with a knife if you subjected me to that album. Laughing
Tyrone Slothrop

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
xyosefx wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
My Coil records drop E and buttfuck my DI6 collection

Excellent response to an inane thread. Two thumbs up.

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
Day of Suffering - Eternal Jihad (90s vegan death metal/hardcore with pro life lyrics)

That album kills. I actually traveled to North Carolina to see them do a reunion show a few years back. "Angels raped by demons while prophets lay in pools of blood..." The singer's a friend & we went to hid parents' house & dug through his old tapes from the early '90s. He did a lot of overseas ordering & trading back then & hooked me up with a few gems. He didn't want to part with his original band-issued "Wrath of the Tyrant" though, or his Gorgoroth promo tape Crying or Very sad

As far as "gay" records go, I supposed my Ace of Base CD would probably qualify by the standards of the thread Laughing That gets played a lot when I'm washing dishes or doing other chores in the kitchen. Very un-kvlt.

very cool to hear ANYTHING about anyone in Day of Suffering. I grabbed their record and some of their merch from XcatalystX but ive never met anyone who has even heard of them. I actually dont think its "gay" at all and i listen to it all the time, but its metalcore and that word is a major deterrent for people. Can never figure out if i like them as a fan of metal or if my interest in them is because of the militant lyrics. forever holds a place in my heart for proving that being a vegetarian doesnt mean you have to be a hippie or a wimp.

I have the CD version of Eternal Jihad, did not know there was a vinyl version as well. One of the better 90s straight edge records from what I remember, though I haven't listened to it in a pretty long time. Time to dig it out and give it another spin or two I guess
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasteland wrote:
Nine Inch Nails, an early NOFX EP

early NIN is great! I actually purchased a first press copy of Pretty Hate Machine recently. oh memories... and for those all into the darkwave/industrial stuff these days, I think its fairly essential IMO.

now NOFX on the other hand... this could contend for the gayest thing mentioned in the thread. I would take Ace of Base at torturous repetition over NOFX anytime
Holocaust

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bronski Beat has to be the gayest band.

Or Dead Or Alive.

I have random tapes, 45s, Lps of...

Dolly Parton, Madonna, Duran Duran, Dead Or Alive, Flock Of Seagulls, etc.

BRONKSI BEAT WINS!
raskolnikhilov

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INXS comp.
Deep purple - Slaves and masters
Sisters of mercy
Megan baird
Foreigner
Whitesnake
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocaust wrote:
Bronski Beat has to be the gayest band.

thread inspired me to play this over and over today. hahaha
Holocaust

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, The Sisters Of Mercy are totally not gay. at all. ever.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numerator41 wrote:
xyosefx wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
My Coil records drop E and buttfuck my DI6 collection

Excellent response to an inane thread. Two thumbs up.

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
Day of Suffering - Eternal Jihad (90s vegan death metal/hardcore with pro life lyrics)

That album kills. I actually traveled to North Carolina to see them do a reunion show a few years back. "Angels raped by demons while prophets lay in pools of blood..." The singer's a friend & we went to hid parents' house & dug through his old tapes from the early '90s. He did a lot of overseas ordering & trading back then & hooked me up with a few gems. He didn't want to part with his original band-issued "Wrath of the Tyrant" though, or his Gorgoroth promo tape Crying or Very sad

Wasn't there a track recorded after The Eternal Jihad that was more in the realm of black metal, but never released?

I read online somewhere that after Eternal Jihad they thought about going in a more BM direction, would kill my parents to hear a black metal track by day of suffering so if anyone knows about that let me know.
vinhas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got lots of REM also.

by the way, I have a morbid curiosity to know wich (if any) gay records are in Yosuke's collection... Very Happy
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
wasteland wrote:

early NIN is great! I actually purchased a first press copy of Pretty Hate Machine recently. oh memories... and for those all into the darkwave/industrial stuff these days, I think its fairly essential IMO.

now NOFX on the other hand... this could contend for the gayest thing mentioned in the thread. I would take Ace of Base at torturous repetition over NOFX anytime

NOFX, gay? NO WAY BRO. BUCK FUSH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_sVGXKNUlc

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numerator41 wrote:
Wasn't there a track recorded after The Eternal Jihad that was more in the realm of black metal, but never released?

Yes, there was. It was pretty damn good actually. I had helped the band get in touch with a new label to do a complete discography DLP including the album, the 7" (recorded under their old band name Falling Down) & the unreleased track, then Catalyst suddenly pressed the LP of just the album without letting them know, & the whole deal went up in smoke. Not talking shit on Kurt, but that kind of sucked...

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:
I have the CD version of Eternal Jihad, did not know there was a vinyl version as well. One of the better 90s straight edge records from what I remember, though I haven't listened to it in a pretty long time. Time to dig it out and give it another spin or two I guess

The vinyl just came out like 3 years ago... incredibly bare-bones release. Still essential, IMO.

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
I read online somewhere that after Eternal Jihad they thought about going in a more BM direction, would kill my parents to hear a black metal track by day of suffering so if anyone knows about that let me know.

I've heard the tape, but I don't have a copy myself unfortunately... too bad.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
Numerator41 wrote:

Yes, there was. It was pretty damn good actually. I had helped the band get in touch with a new label to do a complete discography DLP including the album, the 7" (recorded under their old band name Falling Down) & the unreleased track, then Catalyst suddenly pressed the LP of just the album without letting them know, & the whole deal went up in smoke. Not talking shit on Kurt, but that kind of sucked...

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:

The vinyl just came out like 3 years ago... incredibly bare-bones release. Still essential, IMO.

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:

I've heard the tape, but I don't have a copy myself unfortunately... too bad.

"Visualize industrial collapse"...DAY OF SUFFERING a very brutal band that not many know of. Extremely militant I put RACETRAITOR right along with them...
Necrosathanas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bon Jovi - New Jersey LP
Bon Jovi - Fahrenheit whatever LP

Europe - Out of this World LP
wasteland

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
wasteland wrote:

Haha yeah I would too... Got a random email from Mystic Records saying they found some deadstock and were selling it for cheap. Picked one up for a friend's birthday and one for my trade pile. It came with a bunch of other weird shit that I've never heard of. It's probably all fairly gay.

morg wrote:
Fuck is end!
wasteland

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
wasteland wrote:
Nine Inch Nails, Dire Straits, an early NOFX EP and Vanity/Nemesis.

HOLD ON JUST ONE COTTON-PICKIN' MINUTE THERE, MISTER.

Did you just call Dire Straits gay? Knopfler's the epitome of Western manhood.

That's what my friends keep telling me. And they listen to Boston.

morg wrote:
Fuck is end!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: