P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Absurd (Ger)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite record?
Life beyond the Grave: 1992 - 1994 (Demos)
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Facta Loquuntur (Final Edition)
31%
 31%  [ 77 ]
Asgardsrei (Remixed/Remastered)
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Werwolfthron
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Totenlieder
16%
 16%  [ 41 ]
Blutgericht
5%
 5%  [ 13 ]
Raubritter/Grimmige Volksmusik
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Der Fünfzehnjährige Krieg
17%
 17%  [ 43 ]
Weltenfeind
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 243

eighthplague

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
obscureinfinity wrote:
Der Fünfzehnjährige Krieg was embarrassingly bad. Facta Loquuntur is their best followed by their demos.

Bullshit! "Der fünfzehnjährige Krieg" is one of the best albums Absurd ever did. The songs, the production and musicianship in generaln are top notch!

I don't disagree with you, but I think it's pointless to talk about musicianship and production when you're discussing Absurd- in a positive or negative sense.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and the preferences are quite obvious thus far:

Facta Loquuntur: 33%
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Mr_Belvedere wrote:
obscureinfinity wrote:
Der Fünfzehnjährige Krieg was embarrassingly bad. Facta Loquuntur is their best followed by their demos.

Bullshit! "Der fünfzehnjährige Krieg" is one of the best albums Absurd ever did. The songs, the production and musicianship in generaln are top notch!

I don't disagree with you, but I think it's pointless to talk about musicianship and production when you're discussing Absurd- in a positive or negative sense.

Please don't get me wrong, i am certainly not the kind of guy who says good musicianship and production = good album, but in the case of "Der fünfzehnjährige Krieg" just everything fits. It is also the only album i know where the re-recording of old classics "Mourning Soul" does not suck. It just shows the clear potential of these songs. Or does anyone else know a band which re-recorded old songs that sounded better afterwards? Also "Akustisches Präludium Landsknechtstrommel" and the "Landsknechtstrommel" Song itself are fantastic songs ...
Manawydan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should have an "its all shit" option, im going to say with absurd I really really tried because of the supposed DLS connection however just couldnt get over the crapness of the music. Also I get the feeling that if they didnt have the history they would just have faded into obscurity long ago.
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... if the didn't have the history they would be signed to Nuclear Blast and would be the youngsters favorite pagan black metal band. Especially stuff as Totenlieder, Blutgericht, Der fünfzehn ..., Facta Loquuntur etc. would also have had (fuck now you see i am a fucking non english speaker Smile ) a high influence in pagan black metal.
Some of their stuff is just brilliant, no matter if you like the ideology behind or not.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:

Some of their stuff is just brilliant, no matter if you like the ideology behind or not.

Absolutely agreed.

As an aside, I find it curious when people who are into (and especially involved with) black metal have a problem with extreme viewpoints. Especially when it prevents them from listening to great bands. To each his own, but those people missed the point somewhere along the line.
tunguska218

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
moonan wrote:
tunguska218 wrote:
"Der Fünfzehnjährige Krieg" is my favourite record at the moment. Too bad they didn't re-recorded "Germanien über alles" for it.

Or Der Sieg Ist Unser.

That one was recorded during the session for DFK, though. No idea why it was never used by the band thus far... I faintly remember it was supposed to be bonus for the LP but before the vinyl came out, all this "blacklisting" of Absurd-records, in Germany, started all of a sudden and the label (WTC) might have deemed it prudent to don't use that song as to avoid further legal troubles.

Which one? "Der Sieg ist unser" or "Germanien über alles"?
DTBRex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tunguska218 wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
moonan wrote:
tunguska218 wrote:
"Der Fünfzehnjährige Krieg" is my favourite record at the moment. Too bad they didn't re-recorded "Germanien über alles" for it.

Or Der Sieg Ist Unser.

That one was recorded during the session for DFK, though. No idea why it was never used by the band thus far... I faintly remember it was supposed to be bonus for the LP but before the vinyl came out, all this "blacklisting" of Absurd-records, in Germany, started all of a sudden and the label (WTC) might have deemed it prudent to don't use that song as to avoid further legal troubles.

"Der Sieg ist unser"

Manawydan wrote:
you should have an "its all shit" option, im going to say with absurd I really really tried because of the supposed DLS connection...

Perhaps the bands' performance on the first records can be debated on a purely technical level, but this has nothing to do with the music itself. With the re-recordings featured on DFK, one can obviously hear the huge potential even of the most early Absurd-songs such as "Ashes to Ashes" and "Last Breath". And if you talk of the latter, post 2001-recordings of Absurd, then you have to be plain dumb to try to debate the skills of someone like Unhold who wrote most of the music. This man belongs to the best musicians ever emerging from among the German Black Metal-scene, as a matter of fact.

Btw, what's a "supposed DLS-connection"? Rolling Eyes
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
Perhaps the bands' performance on the first records can be debated on a purely technical level, but this has nothing to do with the music itself.

If they only had a better drummer, for example the early Capricornus. Wink
Manawydan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
tunguska218 wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
moonan wrote:
tunguska218 wrote:

Or Der Sieg Ist Unser.

"Der Sieg ist unser"

Manawydan wrote:
you should have an "its all shit" option, im going to say with absurd I really really tried because of the supposed DLS connection...

Perhaps the bands' performance on the first records can be debated on a purely technical level, but this has nothing to do with the music itself. With the re-recordings featured on DFK, one can obviously hear the huge potential even of the most early Absurd-songs such as "Ashes to Ashes" and "Last Breath". And if you talk of the latter, post 2001-recordings of Absurd, then you have to be plain dumb to try to debate the skills of someone like Unhold who wrote most of the music. This man belongs to the best musicians ever emerging from among the German Black Metal-scene, as a matter of fact.

Btw, what's a "supposed DLS-connection"? Rolling Eyes

deathlike silence
eighthplague

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manawydan wrote:

deathlike silence

DSP.
obscureinfinity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
obscureinfinity wrote:

The production utterly ruins the amateurish spirit that made those songs so awesome on Facta Loquuntur.
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the deal with the song "Requiem"? It's only on one re-issue of FL and is nowhere else to be found in the discography. Is it just a leftover song that noone was especially fond of?

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
DTBRex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
What's the deal with the song "Requiem"? It's only on one re-issue of FL and is nowhere else to be found in the discography. Is it just a leftover song that noone was especially fond of?

Which re-issue does feature "Requiem"? That song does exist as really rough rehearsal only. Was recorded pre-1993 for all I remember, and I wonder why this should have been added to F.L. at all...
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Supreme Art re-issue. Bonus track, not as a part of the regular album. No idea why it was only on this release, I think it's a great track.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 8 of 19

Jump to: