P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Mütiilation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pick your egg
Vampires of Black Imperial Blood
47%
 47%  [ 47 ]
Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul
23%
 23%  [ 23 ]
Black Millenium (Grimly Reborn)
13%
 13%  [ 13 ]
Majestas Leprosus
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Rattenkönig
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Sorrow Galaxies
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 98

eighthplague

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemesis wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
The later albums are frustrating. One one hand, Meynach can write a unique and twisted riff like noone else and even Rattenkonig, etc. are full of them. On the other hand, after "Remains" era he started to have trouble building good songs with them. So it's like each album became a collection of killer riffs that don't really create a solid whole.
took the words out my mouth, well put

Yeah, agreed here as well.
Plus, as I said before, the production really fucks those albums up. It's so digital and bland.
Aszfargoth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
"Vampires of Black Imperial Blood" is great, so was the first EP not included in the poll above. Rest is pure fucking garbage, sorry fellas.

Seconded.

"Vampires ..." is, few blunderings aside, an incredibly nuanced, minutely detailed album, one of the finest examples of black metal composition. In fact, I find the concept of sublimity expressed in "Vampires ..." indubitably superior to that in, e. g., Emperor's ItNSE (I find that there are apparent similarities between both albums in terms of chord-progression etc.), which almost seems superficial in comparison to "Vampires ...". Although I simply can't stand the whole "melancholic vampire" kitsch; but listening to the album, it's like listening to an opera with a marvellous score and an idiotic libretto, wherein the latter doesn't mar the former in any way.

The "Hail Sathanas" EP is, simply put, a very good slab of black metal; although musically far less developed and far more conventional than "Vampires ...", it yet hints at the sound of that album (in passages like the mid-section of "Desecrate Jesus Name" or the finale of "Remembrance of My Past Battles and Times", for example).

I never valued "Remains ..." much; to me, it always seemed like an attempt to create the atmosphere of "Vampires ..." with the means of "Hail Sathanas" and exaggerated antics. Confused A stage of development that fortunately was left behind quickly.

GoldenBull wrote:
The later albums are frustrating. One one hand, Meynach can write a unique and twisted riff like noone else and even Rattenkonig, etc. are full of them. On the other hand, after "Remains" era he started to have trouble building good songs with them. So it's like each album became a collection of killer riffs that don't really create a solid whole.

Fully agreed, although I'd go as far as to say that the albums from "Black Millennium" onwards are simply awful. But that's just me.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aszfargoth wrote:
I never valued "Remains ..." much; to me, it always seemed like an attempt to create the atmosphere of "Vampires ..." with the means of "Hail Sathanas" and exaggerated antics. Confused A stage of development that fortunately was left behind quickly.

Wasn't 'Remains...' recorded before both of those?
Aszfargoth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
Aszfargoth wrote:

I thought it was recorded inbetween? Turns out, I was mistaken, ha! That renders Mütiilation's musical development up to "Vampires ..." much more cohesive.

Last edited by Aszfargoth on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Holocaust

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
Aszfargoth wrote:

Remains was recorded before Vampires. Just released later. When Mutiilation "died" or whatever.
da666

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocaust wrote:
Fallen_Empire wrote:
Aszfargoth wrote:

Remains was recorded before Vampires. Just released later. When Mutiilation "died" or whatever.

First 3/4 of Remains which was the "Evil: The Gestalt of Abomination" unreleased demo was recorded in 93 (so before Vampires), the last 2 tracks on Remains were recorded during/following Vampires when they kicked the drummer out and included one track on Vampires with the drum machine "Born under the masters spell" along with 3 other known tracks, 2 being on Remains, and the other used on the 10year DLP and later on the Remains LP reissue.
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those harsh vocals on remains are so unique. They sound very different from the other recording he made through that period like "Hail sathanas" or the demos. I wonder if he damaged his voice with this recording cause he never sounded like that after.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: