P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Which clones are the shittiest?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which band's clones are the most irritating?
Blasphemy/Bestial/War/etc
39%
 39%  [ 104 ]
Darkthrone/General Norsk ripoffs
36%
 36%  [ 96 ]
Incantation/Dark US DM
3%
 3%  [ 10 ]
Swedeath/Entombed ripoffs
19%
 19%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 261

frank_zito

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
GOATS. . RAPE. NUCLEAR WAR NOW!"

HAHA FVKKEN HORNS UP, BROTHER
Primitive

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
But instead of it being "You like mallcore, fuck you posers.. THRASH TILL DIE!" it's now "You like shitty thrash and death metal. FUK OFF. GOATS. . RAPE. NUCLEAR WAR NOW!"

I know we've kinda talked about this before... but I've still yet to meet anyone like that. I don't know maybe we live in different parts of the country, or world even. But most everyone I've met and talked to who are into war metal tend to be extremly knowledgable and usually have great taste in everything from thrash, heavy metal-nwobhm, punk, death metal, speed metal etc. Whenever I randomly meet someone else who's into war metal we can still talk about different genres and bands for days. I might be biased tho cause I've always been "that guy who's also way into metal" who mainly hangs out with punks, crusties, and traditional skinheads. But I've always been that way, when I first got into metal 13 years ago all I hung out with were crusties who would say "metal is gay" (funny how things change considering these days crustys think being into metal is the next coolest thing)... I've just always kinda done my own thing. So I've never really been one to spend lots of time in huge metal circles other than shows and few people I meet, but I just haven't experienced these types, in fact it's usually the opposite experience.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant count how many nights i spent with the "war metal crowd" here listening to neofolk, industrial or stuff like Hawkwind. This stereotype could have a basis elsewhere in the world, but I think this just another case of the internet blowing things way out of proportion. A dozen autistic retards babbling their nonsense across the internet could very well give that impression
Primitive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually now that I think about it more I know what vnholycvnts might be talkin about... I realized you said "SHITTY thrash and death metal"... not that they say thrash and death metal itself is shitty, right? Cause i'd say it's safe to say most of us war metal fucks do share a common dislike for all these "technical" and "br00tal" death metal bands, retro-party-fun trash/crossover shit, bands that try and sound like those popular morrisound studio bands... etc. Like if I saw someone with a deeds of flesh, dying fetus, necrophagist, or hate eternal shirt i'd probably just say "ha look at that dork/poser" or if someone starts talking about these shitty bands i'd probably just say "ehh... fuck that poser shit". But my response wouldn't be anything along the lines of mentiong goats or nuclear war... that just wouldn't make any sense. I'd just laugh at their expense is all. I think someone gave you shit for your music, you got sensitive about it, took it personally and held a grudge against war metal "types" ever since... bet ya anything I'm right on that.
slayera

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
Actually now that I think about it more I know what vnholycvnts might be talkin about... I realized you said "SHITTY thrash and death metal"... not that they say thrash and death metal itself is shitty, right? Cause i'd say it's safe to say most of us war metal fucks do share a common dislike for all these "technical" and "br00tal" death metal bands, retro-party-fun trash/crossover shit, bands that try and sound like those popular morrisound studio bands... etc. Like if I saw someone with a deeds of flesh, dying fetus, necrophagist, or hate eternal shirt i'd probably just say "ha look at that dork/poser" or if someone starts talking about these shitty bands i'd probably just say "ehh... fuck that poser shit". But my response wouldn't be anything along the lines of mentiong goats or nuclear war... that just wouldn't make any sense. I'd just laugh at their expense is all. I think someone gave you shit for your music, you got sensitive about it, took it personally and held a grudge against war metal "types" ever since... bet ya anything I'm right on that.

You're taking this thing way too personally.

On topic: Norsecore & Blasphemy. Not too familiar with Incantation rip-offs and Swedeath doesn't really bother me that much.
Primitive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sleep? no quarter!
ADK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitive the already mentioned Brutal-Death clones ā la Cannibal Corpse & Suffocation, sometimes around 2000 there must have been a shit-band-generator who produces these groups non-stop until this day, like in the video-game Gauntlet.

And 99% of all Grindcore bands suck.
Primitive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't go wrong with traditional grind tho... repulsion, ent, sore throat, terrorizer, first brutal truth album...
Molech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot dissection clones some of them are abysmal!
eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
sometimes around 2000 there must have been a shit-band-generator who produces these groups non-stop until this day, like in the video-game Gauntlet.

Oh shit, this had me cracking up. Laughing Laughing
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molech wrote:

True but there aren't nearly as many Dissection clones as there are Darktrone/Bestial/Swedeath clones.
Eigenbrötler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
Molech wrote:

True but there aren't nearly as many Dissection clones as there are Darktrone/Bestial/Swedeath clones.

Not yet
ADK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time of Dissection clones was 10-15 years ago...
abhorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
Molech wrote:

Just out of curiousity, can you give some examples of these annoying clone bands you are referring to? A pretty good example was given on first page. But I fail to see how manure like this is offensive/anonying at all, when it's that obscure. No offense, they might just all pass under my radar.

It reminds me of how bands around 94/95 were complaining about all the new bands popping up everywhere. But noone gave examples of who they meant.

NP: Ancient - Lilith's Embrace
Molech

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dissection clones include
Sacramentum, unanimated, necrophobic, Dawn, Bane, Cardinal Sin, Nine Covens etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: