P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Which clones are the shittiest?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which band's clones are the most irritating?
Blasphemy/Bestial/War/etc
39%
 39%  [ 104 ]
Darkthrone/General Norsk ripoffs
36%
 36%  [ 96 ]
Incantation/Dark US DM
3%
 3%  [ 10 ]
Swedeath/Entombed ripoffs
19%
 19%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 261

nileppez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
nileppez wrote:
With Sacrliegium I like Wicher PL and split (one amazing track "Tam Gdzie Gaśnie Dzień"), although it's far from being traditional black metal, let alone Darkthrone worship.

I clearly stated I was referring to the "Sleeptime" demo which is pure crushing Darkthrone sound from start to finish. You need to check those youtube links of yours once again.

And my post wasn't in any way referring to yours? I just stated what is my favourite
the wizard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard choice, i don't mind clones as long they propose something decent, everybody got influences right ?
Not on the list but i 'd say brutal death slam wathever it's called la Unique Leader bands like in the 2000's(still like Deeds of flesh or Disgorge) that was a bit too much for me, or nowadays sterile triggered plastic hyper skilled death metal with bossa nova parts for musicians ... That goes nowhere.

I don't want pineapple on my pizza
Laughing

Maybe norsecore...
boogs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you forgot the worst of all: Carcass clones like 99.9% of all Gore Grind that will name Carcass as no. 1 influence without even remotely sounding like them...
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
you forgot the worst of all: Carcass clones like 99.9% of all Gore Grind that will name Carcass as no. 1 influence without even remotely sounding like them...

Not sure if General Surgery, Hemorrhage and the County Medical Examiners would qualify, but I enjoy those bands. I see your point though.
boogs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Surgery, Regurgitate, Impaled, Exhumed and maybe Haemorrhage are probably the only proper non-annoying Carcass worship bands. I'm talking about complete bullshit like Last Days of Humanity.
ImBlueIBelieveICanDie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose the Blasphemy clones. Too many of them. Don't understand why so many bands are fixated on doing that style?
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Blasphemy clones and Swedeath/Entombed ripoffs.

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
General Surgery, Regurgitate, Impaled, Exhumed Haemorrhage

non-annoying.

Nope.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
the coming of blood angel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not in the poll but those brootal technical death metal bands that try to sound like Gorguts/Suffocation.

And their band pictures are always five normal looking guys with their arms crossed wearing band shirts and blue jeans.
Primitive

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coming of blood angel wrote:
It's not in the poll but those brootal technical death metal bands that try to sound like Gorguts/Suffocation.

And their band pictures are always five normal looking guys with their arms crossed wearing band shirts and blue jeans.

YES!!!!! I hate this shit, this shit and norsecore crap,I don't see how anyone can complain about bands playing old school swedish death style these days or incantation and immolation style usdm, or especially war metal bands coming out. Some people just have no taste! But this is probably the biggest one for me. Yeah... what about suffocation clones???? Why aren't they listed? That's the biggest one IMO!!!!
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this style of DM, with the possible exception of Gorguts' Obscura. That said, trying to copy a band like that without making a complete asshat of yourself is pretty damn tough and probably shouldnt be attempted. Too many truckerhat wearing retards were trying to play this around 10 years ago, and was a real factor in my dismissal of more extreme styles of metal when I was younger.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:

I'm not sure if you can call a band a "clone" if they don't sound anything like who they're trying to sound like. Then they just suck.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
General Surgery, Regurgitate, Impaled, Exhumed and maybe Haemorrhage are probably the only proper non-annoying Carcass worship bands. I'm talking about complete bullshit like Last Days of Humanity.

Digorge (Mex) puts all these bands to shame.
frank_zito

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

normal looking guys

THE NERVE!
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:

I don't see how anyone can complain about bands playing old school swedish death style these days or incantation and immolation style usdm, or especially war metal bands coming out.

Swedeath has been redundant for a long time now. Even a lot of the 2nd/3rd rate bands from the 90s weren't all that special.
I do agree with you about the Incantation/Immolation "clones" though. First off, I can't think of many actual "clones", bands like Dead Congregation, Godless, Nar Mattaru, Vasaeleth obviously have big Incantation influences but they're far from being "clones". And a lot of the bands like say Witchrist, Grave Miasma, or really any dark "occult" dm band now gets lumped in the "Incantation clone" tag when alot of the time they don't even sound all that much like Incantation lol.
"War" Metal is just fucking retarded for the most part, there are some great bands, sure, but most bands coming out are just immature, angsty teens (if you're 23 but still act like a 16 y/o, you're still a teen in my eyes). Reminds me a lot of the thrash revival scene of a few years back. But instead of it being "You like mallcore, fuck you posers.. THRASH TILL DIE!" it's now "You like shitty thrash and death metal. FUK OFF. GOATS. . RAPE. NUCLEAR WAR NOW!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: