P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Any good German-language metal or post-industrial boards?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speerhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Any good German-language metal or post-industrial boards? Reply with quote

Currently learning German and figured message boards would be a good way to practice. Any recommendations for metal or post-industrial/neofolk etc. forums would be appreciated.
nileppez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like pagan metal... that's where german language fits the most imo.

Absurd - Totenlieder
Menhir - Hildebrandslied
Winterdome - Weltendammerung
Gernotshagen - Mare aus Waldernen Hallen
Hel - Das Atmen der Erde
Odroerir - Gotterlieder
Dammerfarben - Im Herbstpfad

For neofolk, you can't get better than Empyrium - Weiland
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as the above poster can't read. christhunt-productions board is THE way to go for you.
Also if you like you could be my penpal.
nileppez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh shit. Was surprised so obvious request would be posted
aiezue

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always want to learn some German. I might begin to do it in 2013, hopefully.

Good traders/sellers: Frghl, s.charlach, DTD, Drones, Monad
Hellstrike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to learn the German language is to talk to (or to write) a native German/Austrian. To ask that person ist easier than to post on a board, in my opinion.
At best, ask for the explanation, because German is, as you may now, not the easiest language to learn. But it should be no problem, if you really want to learn it.
You can try to learn it via German metal/neo-folk music / German boards, but be careful! Sometimes you'll come across "new invented" words (in the German language you can put two or more nouns together to one word) and some idiomatic expressions you might not understand that fast.

(If there are any questions, just drop me a line.)
Speerhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
as the above poster can't read. christhunt-productions board is THE way to go for you.

Thanks for the suggestion. Having problems registering with CH though; all my email addresses have been 'banned' apparently, despite never having had any dealings with them. Even tried a brand new email address and same thing, so maybe there's a problem at their end. Maybe they've IP banned the whole UK...

Danke für die PM. Antworten in Kürze.

Hellstrike wrote:
The best way to learn the German language is to talk to (or to write) a native German/Austrian. To ask that person ist easier than to post on a board, in my opinion.
At best, ask for the explanation, because German is, as you may now, not the easiest language to learn. But it should be no problem, if you really want to learn it.
You can try to learn it via German metal/neo-folk music / German boards, but be careful! Sometimes you'll come across "new invented" words (in the German language you can put two or more nouns together to one word) and some idiomatic expressions you might not understand that fast.

Hey thanks but not trying to learn exclusively from message boards. I've been taking lessons for the past few months and also have a couple of German and Austrian mates to practice with. I figure forums would be a good way to get to grips with colloquial use though.
Hellstrike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:

Hellstrike wrote:

Hey thanks but not trying to learn exclusively from message boards. I've been taking lessons for the past few months and also have a couple of German and Austrian mates to practice with. I figure forums would be a good way to get to grips with colloquial use though.

Ah, I see. Smile
I know some forums, but I think they have closed. I'll see, if I can find some others. Wink
CGB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
Mr_Belvedere wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Having problems registering with CH though; all my email addresses have been 'banned' apparently, despite never having had any dealings with them. Even tried a brand new email address and same thing, so maybe there's a problem at their end. Maybe they've IP banned the whole UK...

I tried joining using my gmail address and it didn't work, maybe they've just banned all free e-mail addresses to avoid spammers/trolls or something. My uni address worked but my account hasn't been activated yet so we'll see. I'm learning German too (at uni), I never really considered joining a German language message board before to help me learn, it's a good idea. Smile
Mz412

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Legacy, Metal Hammer, RockHard Forum instead of Christhunt. Its easier and there are more Idiots

For example
http://forum.rockhard.de/rhf/
DTBRex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CGB wrote:
Speerhead wrote:
Mr_Belvedere wrote:

I tried joining using my gmail address and it didn't work, maybe they've just banned all free e-mail addresses to avoid spammers/trolls or something. My uni address worked but my account hasn't been activated yet so we'll see. I'm learning German too (at uni), I never really considered joining a German language message board before to help me learn, it's a good idea. Smile

Yes, free email addresses (hotmail, gmail, gmx, whatever) will be rejected. However, you may try this forum www.ketzerforum.com

Ask here for registration: info@ketzerforum.com
Hellstrike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
Yes, free email addresses (hotmail, gmail, gmx, whatever) will be rejected. However, you may try this forum www.ketzerforum.com

Is that like the Christhunt forum?
DTBRex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellstrike wrote:
DTBRex wrote:

Is that like the Christhunt forum?

It's not a playground for trolls, if it's that what you want to know...
Speerhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:

Excellent, thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: