P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Akercocke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best album?
Rape of the Bastard Nazarene
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
The Goat of Mendes
33%
 33%  [ 19 ]
Choronzon
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone
17%
 17%  [ 10 ]
Antichrist
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 57

scentofdeath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to start a fire, but Earache mentioned something about Akercocke vinyls in a reply I got from them regarding some other reissues like Cathedral and Entombed, saying that they will probably look into releasing "stuff that was never on vinyl before, like Akercocke"... instead of...say Wolverine Blues or Ethereal Mirror, etc.

Would look forward to it, but they re-issue the moneymakers instead for a while now. I would love Akercocke on vinyl.
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scentofdeath wrote:
I don't want to start a fire, but Earache mentioned something about Akercocke vinyls in a reply I got from them regarding some other reissues like Cathedral and Entombed, saying that they will probably look into releasing "stuff that was never on vinyl before, like Akercocke"... instead of...say Wolverine Blues or Ethereal Mirror, etc.

Would look forward to it, but they re-issue the moneymakers instead for a while now. I would love Akercocke on vinyl.

I was going to say a boxset would be nice but not if it's like that MA one they did recently... would really like to see all the records on vinyl too regardless.
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="frostjunkie"]
scentofdeath wrote:

I was going to say a boxset would be nice but not if it's like that MA one they did recently... would really like to see all the records on vinyl too regardless.

I doubt a complete boxset is possible because first two albums are on different labels than Earache.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This band fucking sucks Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nileppez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

throneofmight wrote:
This band fucking sucks Mad
DTP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still have not heard a note from these blokes...
Garcia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ressurrection of thread...

Used to listen a lot to this band when growing up with and in Metal.
With age AKERCOCKE increased the presence of Prog Rock elements in their sound, becoming not a Black/Death Metal band but more of a Avant-garde Metal band.
AKERCOCKE later sound is like what the band OPETH wish they were (in some point of OPETH's carreer, at least) but Mikael Akerfeldt never had the talent to become that.
The horrible plastic drum sound in the 5th album "Antichrist" is a downer, yes.

Some proper Label should re-release all the 5 albums in Vinyl, because AKERCOCKE has not one single album on wax. Specially the 2nd and 3rd albums wich are the best ones.
Kvlty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of their new band voices?
Goatness

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adore everything up to Choronzon and I have a soft spot for Antichrist and Words despite the fact that everything tells me I shouldn't enjoy it.
Grief

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed all their albums, sadly never got to see them live of pick up one of their rude Tshirts.

Hopefully one day they will all be released on vinyl. The only vinyl that came out was a record store day 7" that I have somewhere
goat lord 666

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's just nostalgia from listening to this as a teenager but Goat of Mendes' production sounds very sinister to me. Something I've not really experienced with any other band. I'm not sure if the music is particularly great, but it feels very different to most other black death stuff.

Reminds me a lot of hammer horror I suppose, not sure if that praise or not, haha
Garcia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goat lord 666 wrote:
Reminds me a lot of hammer horror I suppose, not sure if that praise or not, haha

The intro of "Choronzon" Album is a sample from a Episode of the UK's Hammer House Of Horror TV series from the 80's.
It's from the 10th Episode "Guardian Of The Abyss". Watch it if you can.
morfumax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worship at the altar of Akercocke (Avatar is mendonca). Every album to me is perfect in it's own way. I think I pretty much know every riff, solo, and drum fill by heart. They definitely need to reform, re-release all their stuff on vinyl, and put out some new music.
Necrologue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morfumax wrote:
I worship at the altar of Akercocke (Avatar is mendonca). Every album to me is perfect in it's own way. I think I pretty much know every riff, solo, and drum fill by heart. They definitely need to reform, re-release all their stuff on vinyl, and put out some new music.

Second that. Akercocke was the band which officially inaugurated me into extreme metal, even though I listened to some black and death bands before that. The atmosphere the band created on each of their releases is, by far, the thickest and darkest ever put to record in the history of music, IMO.

Another opinion of mine is that the band has more in common with the bestial / war scene than the modern death metal bands they seemed to get lumped in with while they were active. All the ingredients are there: death, black, thrash, dark ambient / harsh noise, blasting, sex, blasphemy, anthropomorphic goats, devil worship, etc etc. If they had the backing of a label which understood that better, I speculate that they'd probably still be around today. It's tragic that they're no longer active.

I'm so disappointed that I never got to see them live. The closest they ever came was a show in Massachusetts in 2004... but I was 14 years old and had no idea what death or black metal were at the time. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have camped in front of the fucking venue for the week before the show and been the first one in the doors.

Any bootleg material from that tour, or any other for that matter, would be greatly welcome. YouTube leaves much to be desired.

Kvlty wrote:
What do you guys think of their new band voices?

I enjoy Voices a good bit. More black and avant-garde, but great in a different way. Here's some live footage of them from last year where they play tracks that aren't on their full-length. They sound awesome. Though, I would kill to hear a full-length from The Antichrist Imperium (Dave and Matt Wilcock's short-lived death metal project). Matt's presence on the newest Belligerent Intent album has some shades of what more Antichrist Imperium material probably would've sounded like, but we'll probably never know for sure...
morfumax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks that Antichrist Imperium died. I'm still hoping for an eventual reunion as they were always talking about how new material was written.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: