P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Good Christian Death metal bands?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Primitive



Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 336
Location: San Jose, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Seriously, I can't believe we still have the "CHRISTIANITY YES/NO" discussion in 2013. Kids deal with it, religions will still be there the day you and your collection of bedroom bm mp3's are history. Also an average muslim/christian fundamentalist is a much more serious threat to society than the large majority of metalheads combined, so yeah Incubus > Mutiilation.



You're a fucking joke.

And if a band sings about it and makes it their theme that's different, actually even if the band members have the beliefs durring the recordings, fuck it. I was dissapointed to find out holocaust and running wild vocalist later became christians so I wouldn't wanna hear shit they've put out now. Fuck that shit my hatred for christinsanity goes beyond any metal bands lyrics. It's a war, a war that would be there wether bands sung about it or not. Fuck your christian sympathy I'm a militant totalitarian when it comes to that SHIT. I don't care how "good" the music sounds, fuck you! It's people like you who would have converted because "now they celebrate pagan holidays to!", Give you a fucking snickers bar and they'd probably get your attention. The music I listen to means more to me then just people pounding on drums and playing guitar riffs. Fuck any weak sheep fucks who think "music is just music".

And the nsbm argument? I don't even think that's an argument cause all nsbm sucks shit anyways, I wouldn't wanna hear that shit even if I WAS wp in the first place! So that's invalid to me.
_________________
"We must secure the extinction of the human race and apocalyptic future for all children" - 14 words.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Seriously, I can't believe we still have the "CHRISTIANITY YES/NO" discussion in 2013. Kids deal with it, religions will still be there the day you and your collection of bedroom bm mp3's are history. Also an average muslim/christian fundamentalist is a much more serious threat to society than the large majority of metalheads combined, so yeah Incubus > Mutiilation.



You're a fucking joke.

And if a band sings about it and makes it their theme that's different, actually even if the band members have the beliefs durring the recordings, fuck it. I was dissapointed to find out holocaust and running wild vocalist later became christians so I wouldn't wanna hear shit they've put out now. Fuck that shit my hatred for christinsanity goes beyond any metal bands lyrics. It's a war, a war that would be there wether bands sung about it or not. Fuck your christian sympathy I'm a militant totalitarian when it comes to that SHIT. I don't care how "good" the music sounds, fuck you! It's people like you who would have converted because "now they celebrate pagan holidays to!", Give you a fucking snickers bar and they'd probably get your attention. The music I listen to means more to me then just people pounding on drums and playing guitar riffs. Fuck any weak sheep fucks who think "music is just music".

And the nsbm argument? I don't even think that's an argument cause all nsbm sucks shit anyways, I wouldn't wanna hear that shit even if I WAS wp in the first place! So that's invalid to me.

Best post ever. 666
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cochino



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 553

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
What if a Christian band filled their lyrics with all the gruesome horrors and atrocities of the old testament?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWq3f01e2U


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVI-pBF5ePc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-0JQSlsba0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4SnnzakphQ

If you don't like Black Death (especially that motherfucking bulldozer that's Scream of The Iron Messiah) you fucking suck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 9618
Location: M�lheim an der Ruhr/Germany

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
It's a war. I'm a militant totalitarian.


Laughing damn!

Incubus is classic metal. Sometimes it's quite nice to not pretend you live in a bestial black/death metal LP world.
_________________
Good/Bad traders list
Trade/Salelist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nileppez



Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 725
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Conservationist wrote:

Christianity is struggling to overcome its inner weenie which is leftist/egalitarian instead of rightist/realist.

Yeah sure. Must be why religion and Christianity especially holds a central role in most modern NS groups and was actually the very basis of NS (Gott mit uns).

So racism, or is a Christian value too? Unless by "most modern NS groups" you mean groups that actually are national socialists, i.e. supporting nationalism, not WP, and socialism as only economic system which supports benefit of a nation over indivual gain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Laugh At Your Corpse



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 265
Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Christian Death metal bands? Reply with quote

[quote="Lepri Nevod"][quote="Laugh At Your Corpse"]
Lepri Nevod wrote:
Laugh At Your Corpse wrote:
scrapingthebones wrote:
Mortification "Scrolls of the Megilloth"



I thought this band was awful ever before I knew they were christians.




And your comment about the chorus proves that you just hate the song because it's from a christian band.


And apparently you can't read.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Primitive



Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 336
Location: San Jose, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf wrote:
Nun's Laughter


I still think this is the best post here so far hahaha
_________________
"We must secure the extinction of the human race and apocalyptic future for all children" - 14 words.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lepri Nevod



Joined: 16 May 2012
Posts: 47
Location: Between fives and 9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Christian Death metal bands? Reply with quote

[quote="Laugh At Your Corpse"][quote="Lepri Nevod"]
Laugh At Your Corpse wrote:
Lepri Nevod wrote:
Laugh At Your Corpse wrote:
scrapingthebones wrote:
Mortification "Scrolls of the Megilloth"



I thought this band was awful ever before I knew they were christians.




And your comment about the chorus proves that you just hate the song because it's from a christian band.


And apparently you can't read.


Maybe I don't believe your first quote, ha.

The lyrics of the song are a bit awkward off course, but can you explain to me what you think is so laughable about the chorus? The words, or the way it sounds?

Yeah, maybe I'm splitting hairs here about that particular song, but I find it hard to believe someone into death metal not liking it music-wise. I bought "DIJTBII" in 1992, taped it for a lot of my friends, and everyone liked that Mortification-track a lot.

By the way, thumbs up for Black Death, Cochino! Great album!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
medarov



Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Posts: 306
Location: Sofia, Hate City

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...just another "thread gone wrong"
_________________
No Zine, No Scene! Demolished & Hammered since 2009...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Primitive



Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 336
Location: San Jose, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

medarov wrote:
...just another "thread gone wrong"


there was nothing right about this thread in the first place.
_________________
"We must secure the extinction of the human race and apocalyptic future for all children" - 14 words.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTP



Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 412

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:
I misinterpreted the thread title, was hoping for death metal bands that sound like Christian Death. Only Theatre of Pain era only! Does this exist?
haha, i made the same assumption too. the concept of OTOP-influenced dm does rule...

as long as a xian-based metal/punk/whatever act doesn't have an agenda and/or preachiness, i could care less about what they sing about. INCUBUS fucking rules.
_________________
"I can feel the AIDS in the air" --Voivod
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Also an average muslim/christian fundamentalist is a much more serious threat to society than the large majority of metalheads combined, so yeah Incubus > Mutiilation.


Let's talk about how liberalism destroys every society it touches.

Shoot all the liberals in the face, and then society will be moving upward again.

Fail to do it, and we become a third world necrocivilization.


Somebunny's got a case of the Mondays! Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saltrubbed Eyes



Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Posts: 372

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Incubus is a killer band, especially "Serpent Temptation." Wish they'd release the original mix of that album on CD.


I doubt they ever will since it sounds too evil.

The first Mortification album cover was too evil looking for many Christian stores.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Laugh At Your Corpse



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 265
Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Christian Death metal bands? Reply with quote

[quote="Lepri Nevod"][quote="Laugh At Your Corpse"]
Lepri Nevod wrote:
Laugh At Your Corpse wrote:
Lepri Nevod wrote:
Laugh At Your Corpse wrote:
scrapingthebones wrote:
Mortification "Scrolls of the Megilloth"



I thought this band was awful ever before I knew they were christians.




And your comment about the chorus proves that you just hate the song because it's from a christian band.


And apparently you can't read.


Maybe I don't believe your first quote, ha.

The lyrics of the song are a bit awkward off course, but can you explain to me what you think is so laughable about the chorus? The words, or the way it sounds?

Yeah, maybe I'm splitting hairs here about that particular song, but I find it hard to believe someone into death metal not liking it music-wise. I bought "DIJTBII" in 1992, taped it for a lot of my friends, and everyone liked that Mortification-track a lot.

By the way, thumbs up for Black Death, Cochino! Great album!


Not making this shit up. My friend bought Death Is Just The Beginning 2 when it came out, and we sat and listened to the entire thing. When Mortification breaks out with "Scrolls of the Megiloth!", We literally looked at each other and started laughing. The vocals are bad and the music is just stupid, particularly the chorus riff and vocal. Didn't realize the were xtians until awhile later, probably because I had written them off from the moment I didn't like their music. Otherwise one of the better compilations that introduced a lot of bands I had never heard and still listen to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
pentfixion



Joined: 19 Nov 2011
Posts: 828
Location: TEXXXASS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
Conservationist wrote:
The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
What if a Christian band filled their lyrics with all the gruesome horrors and atrocities of the old testament?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWq3f01e2U


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVI-pBF5ePc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-0JQSlsba0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4SnnzakphQ

If you don't like Black Death (especially that motherfucking bulldozer that's Scream of The Iron Messiah) you fucking suck.


killer album all around! shame it's such a rarity
_________________
pataphysicien wrote:
a beautiful allegory for the fragility of enacting the world differently. a missing pen will redirect history and leave polish boobs unsigned by black metal powerlifting skin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group