P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Good Christian Death metal bands?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
the wizard



Joined: 27 Mar 2010
Posts: 726
Location: france

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:
the wizard wrote:
Totally killer stuff, BTU & ST are awesome.

Tom Araya is a christian too, burn your Slayer lps, yeah the early ones ! Laughing

There's a difference between being christian and putting christian messages into your music


True that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nileppez



Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 722
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
If it's ok to listen to NSBM "just because the music is good, don't care about politics", then it is also ok to listen to Christian bands.

NS ideology fits black metal sound, Christian ideology doesn't fit extreme metal at all

Also, I don't find it necessarily stupid that someone won't listen to Der Sturmer because he hates nazism, I find it stupid when someone will stop listening to band which has no nazism references in music/lyrics but the members hold NS views
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2911

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:

NS ideology fits black metal sound, Christian ideology doesn't fit extreme metal at all


I agree completely.

Christianity is struggling to overcome its inner weenie which is leftist/egalitarian instead of rightist/realist.

The solution is probably not to fight Christianity, but to force more of metal's ideology into it, not the other way around.

I'm a perennialist, so this isn't from outright hostility to Christianity but a recognition of the limitations of its current condition. In our view, which is historical, Christianity is an amalgam of Greco-Roman, Hindu and Babylonian thought through a Jewish filter.
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Prophet Muhammad



Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Posts: 469
Location: Edmonton, AB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if a Christian band filled their lyrics with all the gruesome horrors and atrocities of the old testament? It would be vilifying their own religion, but hey, a little honesty never hurt anyone right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nileppez



Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 722
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
What if a Christian band filled their lyrics with all the gruesome horrors and atrocities of the old testament? It would be vilifying their own religion, but hey, a little honesty never hurt anyone right?

That's why it won't happen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Prophet Muhammad



Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Posts: 469
Location: Edmonton, AB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:
The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
What if a Christian band filled their lyrics with all the gruesome horrors and atrocities of the old testament? It would be vilifying their own religion, but hey, a little honesty never hurt anyone right?

That's why it won't happen

In the hypothetical situation where it did happen, I would still probably not listen to it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nileppez



Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 722
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same, there would be nothing lamer than trying to preach jewish god by showing 'cool' atrocities he has supposedly done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:

Christianity is struggling to overcome its inner weenie which is leftist/egalitarian instead of rightist/realist.

Yeah sure. Must be why religion and Christianity especially holds a central role in most modern NS groups and was actually the very basis of NS (Gott mit uns).

ADK wrote:
If it's ok to listen to NSBM "just because the music is good, don't care about politics", then it is also ok to listen to Christian bands.

Fully agreed. People who won't listen to Incubus because of the lyrics are either retards or extremely young and naive kids who just found out that Mortification is xtian, period.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Germaniac



Joined: 20 Aug 2010
Posts: 372
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there should be a band who preaches about the wrath of a vengeful god with a grave seriousness, praising all the witch burnings, inquisitions, spilling the blood of heathens and all that with pride.
_________________
Planet Earth is great to visit but you wouldn't want to live there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2911

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prophet Muhammad wrote:
What if a Christian band filled their lyrics with all the gruesome horrors and atrocities of the old testament?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWq3f01e2U
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I can't believe we still have the "CHRISTIANITY YES/NO" discussion in 2013. Kids deal with it, religions will still be there the day you and your collection of bedroom bm mp3's are history. Also an average muslim/christian fundamentalist is a much more serious threat to society than the large majority of metalheads combined, so yeah Incubus > Mutiilation.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2911

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Also an average muslim/christian fundamentalist is a much more serious threat to society than the large majority of metalheads combined, so yeah Incubus > Mutiilation.


Let's talk about how liberalism destroys every society it touches.

Shoot all the liberals in the face, and then society will be moving upward again.

Fail to do it, and we become a third world necrocivilization.
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gruwel



Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 261
Location: West Coast, Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germaniac wrote:
I think there should be a band who preaches about the wrath of a vengeful god with a grave seriousness, praising all the witch burnings, inquisitions, spilling the blood of heathens and all that with pride.

CONQUERING THE HEATHEN TRIBES/BLESSED WARRIORS ASCEND THE HEAVENS/CRIMSON FIRES BURN
I could see that work, actually.

Perhaps Westboro Baptist Church would be a good place to start a metal band from... I mean, their message is pure hatred and despise, isn't it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Also an average muslim/christian fundamentalist is a much more serious threat to society than the large majority of metalheads combined, so yeah Incubus > Mutiilation.


Let's talk about how liberalism destroys every society it touches.

Shoot all the liberals in the face, and then society will be moving upward again.

Fail to do it, and we become a third world necrocivilization.

(True) Christianity is everything but liberal. All religions are dictatorial to some extent, some more than others.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lepri Nevod



Joined: 16 May 2012
Posts: 45
Location: Between fives and 9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Good Christian Death metal bands? Reply with quote

Laugh At Your Corpse wrote:
Lepri Nevod wrote:
Laugh At Your Corpse wrote:
scrapingthebones wrote:
Mortification "Scrolls of the Megilloth"



I thought this band was awful ever before I knew they were christians. One of, if not the worst songs on Death is Just the beginning 2.


Complete bullshit. That track is a monster!


No, you're just tone deaf. It's actually laughable, especially the chorus.


Maybe you are tone deaf?

And your comment about the chorus proves that you just hate the song because it's from a christian band. If the same song was released by a satanic, occvlt or so called 'trve' death metal band all you kiddies here love, it would be considered a hit.

'Evil' christian lyrics? Check out Saviour Machine. Serious business going on there.

By the way, I'm not a christian at all. But unlike most here I'm a fan of (heavy/extreme) music, not fan of an image.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group