P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Danzig appreciation thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lord pazzuzu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Danzig appreciation thread Reply with quote

Been absolutely OBSESSED lately with:
Danzig I-IV
All Misfits
All Samahin

What are your faves? Any solo Danzig other than I-IV worth checking out?

gromcrom wrote:
So "funny" guy to make thread in mock. Rolling Eyes
I am a fear so hard of you laugh to me on internet I cry at night in winnie pooh pants like Necromorbus of so cult stuido, idiot.
nileppez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deth Red Sabaoth, his newest is definitely good album. I've listened to other his albums (other than 1-4 which I praise too) and I didn't really enjoy it. I don't like Misfits at all and didn't bother checking Samhain. There are also solo albums of him, Black Aria and Black Aria II, which I never bothered to check as well.
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He made two instrumental albums BLACK ARIA and BLACK ARIA II. It is quite different then the material from DANZIG, it's more on the classical side of things but nonetheless it's worth checking.

SAMHAIN will always be fucking AWESOME!
lord pazzuzu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have Black Aria I and II waiting to be listened to. It's a fucking bummer how expensive Samhain/Danzig lps are. Any news of reissues???

gromcrom wrote:
I am a fear so hard of you laugh to me on internet I cry at night in winnie pooh pants like Necromorbus of so cult stuido, idiot.
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misfits
Samhain
Danzig and Danzig II

all as essential as food to me.
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lord pazzuzu wrote:
Yeah, I have Black Aria I and II waiting to be listened to. It's a fucking bummer how expensive Samhain/Danzig lps are. Any news of reissues???

I have heard no news of DANZIG/SAMHAIN LP reissues. They are expensive especially the SAMHAIN Lp's which I would love to own cuz they are all great albums. I have NOVEMBER COMING FIRE on cassette that works for me.
Motorfukk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
Misfits
Samhain
Danzig and Danzig II

all as essential as food to me.

Truth! Exclamation
lord pazzuzu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpathian_Florist wrote:
lord pazzuzu wrote:

I have heard no news of DANZIG/SAMHAIN LP reissues. They are expensive especially the SAMHAIN Lp's which I would love to own cuz they are all great albums. I have NOVEMBER COMING FIRE on cassette that works for me.

Seriously. Ebay prices are jaw dropping. I scored Danzig II for $65 and my buddy gave me the sleeve for the Danzig s/t for xmas and told me I can come over and try to find the actual lp among his 4k lps haha.

so, for now, i've resorted to downloading and burning samhain/danzig FLACS

ps
www.rutracker.org is great for FLAC files

gromcrom wrote:
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the first DANZIG on Lp and far as anything else is all on cd. I would love to own LUCIFUGE on Lp but yeah it's getting more and more expensive. A SAMHAIN box set came out a few years back and it's still available I missed out on it like a dumb ass but you can still buy it. Is it pricey though.

There is also the MISFITS coffin that goes for a decent price you can usually get them off EBAY or AMAZON for cheap.

With all this DANZIG talk I gotta listen to HOW THE GODS KILL
lord pazzuzu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the first DANZIG on Lp and far as anything else is all on cd. I would love to own LUCIFUGE on Lp but yeah it's getting more and more expensive. A SAMHAIN box set came out a few years back and it's still available I missed out on it like a dumb ass but you can still buy it. Is it pricey though.

There is also the MISFITS coffin that goes for a decent price you can usually get them off EBAY or AMAZON for cheap.

With all this DANZIG talk I gotta listen to HOW THE GODS KILL

Listening to III right now! Its got some of my favorite Danzig tracks mixed with some fruitier tunes. good shit, though. I'm also a pretty big fan of 4p, although it seems to get mixed reviews.

gromcrom wrote:
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything up to "How the Gods Kill" is great.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like DANZIG 4 I think it has some good songs. The material after 4 is where I stopped listening, he made album after album of bad pseudo industrial wankery. DANZIG II is probably my favorite such great songs and vocal hooks and very memorable.

SAMHAIN I like it all always will
MISFITS had a great discography especially Static Age.
lord pazzuzu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like DANZIG 4 I think it has some good songs. The material after 4 is where I stopped listening, he made album after album of bad pseudo industrial wankery. DANZIG II is probably my favorite such great songs and vocal hooks and very memorable.

SAMHAIN I like it all always will
MISFITS had a great discography especially Static Age.

I agree with everything you said. I've yet to explore all of the Danzig releases. I know there's a lot of industrial/techno/numetal shit in there, but i figured there could be a gem or two thrown in. The live album, Live on the Black Hand Side is pretty good too, if you're into that sort of thing.

gromcrom wrote:
hellmask

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been obsessed with all things Danzig-related since 1986. Still can't decide if I like Misfits or Samhain more, but can't go wrong either way!

My favorite release is probably the Samhain 'Unholy Passion' EP. Definitely the darkest stuff Glenn ever released...fucking intense and evil, especially side 2.

As far as Danzig the band, obviously the first album is and will always be the best - but I love all the albums. The latest - Deth Red Sabaoth - is HIGHLY recommended. I know it's cool to say "only 1-4 are real", but there's tons of great songs on all the other albums for those willing to give a listen.

Quote:
he made album after album of bad pseudo industrial wankery

The only albums that have 'industrial' elements are 4, 5 and 6, and it's not really industrial at all...just using some electronics and samples. All are great if you have an open mind and aren't expecting a rehash of Danzig 1. Blackacidevil (Danzig 5) actually has a Samhain-like vibe to it IMO, though of course that's the album everyone loves to trash!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: