P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Pyogenesis "Ignis creatio -The origin of fire" DLP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krakentorso

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
I was obsessed with this album when it came out. Have the original CD, would love to get this on vinyl. Too bad they changed their sound so much after this...

I'm listening to this CD right now and I am drunken and sure that the evolvement of this band must beend seen as one of the most gay process in metal. great "ignis ..." (that wouldn't have the attention if being released NOT on osmose) and then came ... real homo shit.

don't get me wrong, I like it if bands evolve (like xysma or something), but pyogenesis became total ... no words for this. prost!
Loki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
krakentorso wrote:
when were the bonus tracks recorded?

hello?

Not long time ago.
https://twitter.com/OrdoMCM
http://ordomcm.bandcamp.com/
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
Dan wrote:
I was obsessed with this album when it came out. Have the original CD, would love to get this on vinyl. Too bad they changed their sound so much after this...

I'm listening to this CD right now and I am drunken and sure that the evolvement of this band must beend seen as one of the most gay process in metal. great "ignis ..." (that wouldn't have the attention if being released NOT on osmose) and then came ... real homo shit.

don't get me wrong, I like it if bands evolve (like xysma or something), but pyogenesis became total ... no words for this. prost!

Ha! I did like the "Waves Of Erotasia" EP. I was so looking forward to "Sweet X-Rated Nothings" before it came out, but then when I heard it....I was quite disappointed. Even worse on "Twinaleblood".
Loki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
krakentorso wrote:
Dan wrote:

Ha! I did like the "Waves Of Erotasia" EP. I was so looking forward to "Sweet X-Rated Nothings" before it came out, but then when I heard it....I was quite disappointed. Even worse on "Twinaleblood".

Talking about a "kind" of metal Waves is probably my favourite mini ever released
https://twitter.com/OrdoMCM
http://ordomcm.bandcamp.com/
Xapas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered the cathedral grey version, spite of already owning the original (well order not made by me, a friend ordered 2 copies: one for me and one for him) and payed 18,75(ouch!!!) for tracked shipping.

To me Pyogenesis is the Ignis Creatio + Sweet-X + Waves Of Erotasia.

Btw, the music playing at the wedding of my friend mentioned above, as he entered the restaurant, was "Through The Flames"........
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dramatic change of style between "Waves..." and "Sweet..." can only be explained with the loss of virginity and an underage crush on a random bitch, period.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Tyrone Slothrop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any theories about why it happened (the change in styles) to so many European death metal bands but to very few American death metal bands?
ADK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:
Anyone have any theories about why it happened (the change in styles) to so many European death metal bands but to very few American death metal bands?

Counter-movement to the omnipresent Euro-trash-BM-craze?

@ topic:

I don't think there was a shittier DM-band than Pyogenesis, besides maybe Gorefest and Morgoth (and don't bore me with the usual "maaaan, their first EP and demos were so great, blabla, you have no clue" bullshit) . Some members of them even went for the charts with that horrible Liquido project.

Would have never thought there would be a demand for a re-release. But I also didn't expect to see Varg driving around in a jeep, so...
kvist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
Tyrone Slothrop wrote:

Counter-movement to the omnipresent Euro-trash-BM-craze?

@ topic:

I don't think there was a shittier DM-band than Pyogenesis, besides maybe Gorefest and Morgoth (and don't bore me with the usual "maaaan, their first EP and demos were so great, blabla, you have no clue" bullshit) . Some members of them even went for the charts with that horrible Liquido project.

Would have never thought there would be a demand for a re-release. But I also didn't expect to see Varg driving around in a jeep, so...

I hope you're joking. Are you refusing to listen an album cause the followers were bad? Ignis was a great release at that time, including Tiamat, Entombed, Unleashed, Sinister and so on. Personally I'd like to see re-released all the early albums of these bands and I'd like to avoid to pay their used vinyls 70 euro/copy. Now you can go to listen Transilvanian hunger or maybe not cause DT now are not tooo evil as they seemed to do at the beginning Embarassed
Man every release has something to say, I don't like at all the new Morbid Angel but I still listen Blessed are the sick, I shoudn't?
ADK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I am not joking.

Good for you that you can buy that re-release then, absolutely no problem with that. I am just a bit confused about how every mediocre DM band from the late 80ies/early 90ies gets overpraised these days - mostly by kids who weren't around back then (don't take this personally if it doesn't apply to you).

And sorry, to put Pyogenesis on the same level like Entombed or Tiamat is just plain revisionist bullshit.
kvist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
No, I am not joking.

Good for you that you can buy that re-release then, absolutely no problem with that. I am just a bit confused about how every mediocre DM band from the late 80ies/early 90ies gets overpraised these days - mostly by kids who weren't around back then (don't take this personally if it doesn't apply to you).

And sorry, to put Pyogenesis on the same level like Entombed or Tiamat is just plain revisionist bullshit.

Dunno how old are you but I don't think you lived metal in those years. The "revisionism" is around bands like Mortuary or Ripping Corpse that didn't have any success when were out but for sure not about Pyogenesis and the sales speaks for me. I'm still looking for their 7" if someone would like to sell its. I don't want to convice you about this masterpiece but every time there is a re-release there are always someone "ufff they did it but then they changed so their behaviours was bad since the beginning" and we can talk about Manes, about Morbid Angel, Tiamat, Entombed, maybe only Asphyx and Bolt Thrower has taken their own style since the beginning, try to not move the discussion from the music to the gossip. Also you don't know what are Kvist in these days I think... Cool Btw stop I respect your opinion even if it seems based on "gossip", I'm going to buy the release.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADK wrote:
I am just a bit confused about how every mediocre DM band from the late 80ies/early 90ies gets overpraised these days - mostly by kids who weren't around back then (don't take this personally if it doesn't apply to you)

I agree when it comes to every old band being praised, and that goes for black metal bands as well. Can't really see what age has got to do with it though. Old-timers tend to get swept by nostalgia, which leads to brown being turned into gold.
It's just that Pyogenesis was/is appreciated precisely because they were not your run-of-the-mill death metal band on their first efforts. Like them or not, mediocre death metal they were not.
ADK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kvist wrote:
Dunno how old are you but I don't think you lived metal in those years

Believe it or not, I did.

Edit: What do you mean with "Kvist during these days"? No clue what you are trying to assume here. Also no clue what you talk about "gossip" here, there were various interviews and features of Pyogenesis in bigger magazines, they documented their downfall pretty much themselves (if you're familiar with German language, of course).
Gr.Ob.894

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume I will be in a minority here (or maybe even all by myself), but I like EVERYTHING that Pyogenesis has ever put out including their pop-punk records. They just have a knack for writing very good songs, regardless of style. Ignis is a great record and so is Sweet X-Rated. I have the original LP and CD, but would like to get the re-release anyway because of the bonus tracks and to support the guy that put them out.
Gr.Ob.894

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loki wrote:
Really happy to see Mr. Tyrant for Santa Klaus Very Happy

The weight for one single copy is around 800 grm, only the poster has a weight of 140 grm, it is 140cm high and 100cm wide, printed inner sleeves and so on.
Regarding the countries written above the postal product "not registered" is quite sure cause it's a product where we have a contract with the posts. Of course we prefer to ship via registered but we hate the postage costs when we buy and when we sell too, the oversea customers position is completely understandable. With this product, registered or not, USA, Canada, Japan, can have the same postage cost of our customers in Europe.

You can check bigger pics to the band site: http://hamburgrecords.com/pyogenesis/records/pyogenesis-ignis-creatio-lp.html

Soon few distributors, this is a very expensive release and I'm sorry about our final price, this is a special album at least for me and we wanted to do something special for the 20 years since the first release. I think it could be sold out quite soon due to the small amount of copies, support the few distributors and a special thanks from my side too.

When are you planning to add CD to your webstore? I'd like to order them together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: