P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Darkthrone in 2013 "The Underground Resistance"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of the reasons I like it....killer riffs with the sound of some drunk guy shouting over the top Laughing
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundsOfDecay wrote:
That's one of the reasons I like it....killer riffs with the sound of some drunk guy shouting over the top Laughing

That's a great way of putting it. Laughing It's like drunk black metal karaoke. Hell of an album though.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Stuff like the recent Darkthrone albums is the perfect live music atmosphere, fun party music... banging chicks music. ...only teens with too much angst want to sit arms crossed and look cruel listening to hate.

Darkthrone should perform the punk period live, those would be exceptional shows. Darkthrone, Speedwolf, and Midnight... hell yea!!! Laughing

While that would rule and i would love for that, they still swear off live shows, and its too late to do that. Too many people would want them to play all these classic songs fenriz probably hasn't even listened to much less played for 15-20 years and there would be nothing but complaint about them not playing old stuff, even if their heart is clearly in their current direction.
Dismal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundsOfDecay wrote:

YES!
Evil_Johnny_666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:
I can't see why people usually see Panzerfaust under the ''trilogy'', it's so much better than Transylvanian Hunger and I'd say it's on par with Under a Funeral Moon. A Blaze is hard to top though.

Because it's for a good 30% a Frost rip off. Yeah I know, you're not familiar with Frost. That Swiss band that is mentioned once or twice in the first chapter of Lords of Chaos.

So what if they wanted to pay tribute to Celtic Frost? It's not like they were never influenced by them anyway. Panzerfaust is still a pretty damn solid album. And of course I know of Celtic Frost - and love 'em. I'm even playing in a band with a big Hellhammer influence.

eighthplague wrote:

It's like someone bumped the volume knob on the vocals halfway through mixing it and didn't bother to turn it back down. A few songs are totally acceptable (the really Frost sounding songs, coincidentally enough), but the rest... goddamn. Laughing I feel like someone's yelling at me.
Apparently Nocturno recorded them in one day while being drunk.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite Darkthrone record is "Panzerfaust"...I'd love a "Part 2" of THAT sound!
Black Mass Hysteria

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panzerfaust is quite awesome. I find myself really liking Total Death these days.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Mass Hysteria wrote:
Panzerfaust is quite awesome. I find myself really liking Total Death these days.

Total Death is GREATLY underrated in my opinion. It's the classic Darkthrone "feel" with a strong production.
Warcrust

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:

Total Death is GREATLY underrated in my opinion. It's the classic Darkthrone "feel" with a strong production.

Strong production? I love Total Death but always thought the sound is terrible. But you are right it's an underrated DT album, for me that is still the classic DT as well as Ravishing Grimness. What also is underrated...
Blarted at Birth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new album artwork got me way more stoked. Don't really care either way about which direction they're heading towards/away from in terms of black metal/punk/whatever. As long as the riffs are there, I'll be happy.

Cool
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil_Johnny_666 wrote:

So what if they wanted to pay tribute to Celtic Frost? It's not like they were never influenced by them anyway.

Tribute is one thing, theft is a different issue. Sure the album is great but it would have been even stronger without those two shameless Frost rip offs. Not sure what was on their minds.

Quote:
And of course I know of Celtic Frost - and love 'em. I'm even playing in a band with a big Hellhammer influence.

I'm genuinely impressed. 666
WindsOfApocalypse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:

That's actually what I mainly disliked about Total Death as well. The production sounds very tired and boring to my ears, especially the drums. Maybe that's when the Necrohell recorder broke?

Did not like or 'get' any of the later Darkthrone albums either, but will always at least check out whatever they release.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the subject of darkthrone albums assessment, whenever a local shop has copies of the peaceville reissues of any album for sale i try to pick them up as a way to revisit the albums from the total death up to sardonic wrath periods which seem the most debatable. Aside from Plaguewielder and Ravishing Grimness which i haven't listened to in years still, i'm finding myself digging most of their other stuff from this time period. Darkthrone is probably my favorite band of all terms in consistently liking what they put out enough to give it a few spins every year or so. I also love the punkthrone era we've been going through, really curious to see what the new album has to offer. I missed the boat on the last two albums though, so hey if anyone disappointed individual wants to sell dark thrones or circle the wagons without an inflated ebay price tag feel free to contact. Wink
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should listen to the KATHARSIS discography get some influence and say "FUCK we can make stuff like this" and then go "Wait we did they just did it better further pushing to make another milestone such as UNDER A FUNERAL MOON.
ADK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
12/12/12
Darkthrone
'The Underground Resistance' - the new album coming February 2013

Norwegian legends Darkthrone have completed work on their latest album 'The Underground Resistance', which is set for release on Peaceville Records on February 25th.

‘The Underground Resistance’ is Darkthrone’s latest venture through the metal cosmos, & first new album since the 2010 opus ‘Circle the Wagons’. A continuation of the free-spirited metallic lands the duo of Fenriz & Nocturno Culto have been roaming for a long time, ‘The Underground Resistance’ contains Darkthrone’s trademark masterful riffing in a broad range of styles, effortlessly bounding through the annals of classic metal, taking in thrash, speed & black metal, & not forgetting a dose of Punk. All in all a ferocious & dynamic set of tracks drenched in Fenriz’s & Nocturno’s rich & diverse tastes in all things metal, primarily those rooted firmly in the spirit of the 80’s. 6 tracks long, & every one an epic in itself, this is undoubtedly Darkthrone’s strongest outing of late.

‘The Underground Resistance’ was written & recorded spring 2010 to summer 2012 at Necrohell 2 studios by the band themselves. The album was mastered by Jack Control at Enormous Door, Texas USA. Cover artwork also comes courtesy of the iconic & celebrated artist Jim Fitzpatrick.

“3 songs each, Ted's are flown from the universe of metal with his strongest voice ever so far. Songs of mine are torn from the wombs of the riders of rohan of metal; safely cradled in 1985 style” – Fenriz, December 2012
Darkthrone began life in the late 80’s as a thrash/death metal act & progressed through technical death/doom metal experimentation to become legends of the black metal world & one of the original leading bands of the Norwegian scene, as well as inspiring a whole generation of metal bands.

Sounds promising, right? Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 13 of 37

Jump to: