P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Help with record stores in Barcelona..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wayne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Help with record stores in Barcelona.. Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are any good Metal record stores in Barcelona?

I'm going there for a week in September and it would be nice to know if there's anything good Metal-wise. I've tried some online searches but I didn't get much help.

Anyway, anything would be better than the shit in Birmingham, England!

Cheers.
kängnäve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All record stores in Barcelona are located in the same area, in the upper part of the Ramblas. Just wander in the very small streets on the right hand side of the Ramblas -- all record stores are mostly based in those streets.
Wayne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kängnäve wrote:
All record stores in Barcelona are located in the same area, in the upper part of the Ramblas. Just wander in the very small streets on the right hand side of the Ramblas -- all record stores are mostly based in those streets.

Yes, try in shops like REVOLVER located at "Tallers" Street

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found much better selections of punk than metal last time i was over,most memorably some shop off the top of the ramblas with a section for finnish hc which was cool.having my girlfriend with me didn't allow much time for record shopping though.
Deathrasher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, kängnäve pretty much said it all. Some of those stores actually have a pretty decent collection of Metal and Punk. But I encourage you to check out that big department store, can't remember it's name but you can't miss it. There's like 4 of them in the central Barcelona and their midprice - offers are definitely worth checking out. If you're missing something like the whole Megadeth or Venom catalogs, then that's your place. I actually bought all my missing Megadeth CD's (5) for 20 euros some years ago.

Barcelona is probably the best city in the world, been there 4 times and can't get enough of it! Mostly because of Tapas.. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathrasher wrote:

Barcelona is probably the best city in the world, been there 4 times and can't get enough of it! Mostly because of Tapas.. Smile

that and being able to get completely off my nut for about 10euro,messy place to be!
Wayne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I think I know the dept store you mention, as I went there about 7 years ago, but I was only in the city for one day. This time I have a week to myself there.

And yeah, it is an amazing city. If I still love it as much this time I may consider moving out there.
Wayne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
kängnäve wrote:

Yes, try in shops like REVOLVER located at "Tallers" Street

Sorry to bump a very old thread, but I found this place when I was out there last week and I got Hail of Bullets, Sodom and Hellhammer vinyls from there.

They stock a lot of crap too, but there are gems to be found in the vinyl section out the back!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: