P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Messe des Morts II Festival - November 22-24, Montréal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Descension

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flyer should have been updated to show that ARCHGOAT was attending. I totally would have made the trip. Fuck life.
Nex Cultus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chemical Warfare wrote:
Nex Cultus wrote:
Any advice on getting across the US/Canadian border with a dodgy police record?

I have heard too many horror stories of the Canadian border stations turning away people for petite convictions and yet I see some (whom I know have records) seem to get through...is it just a turn of the dice?

I don't know if it is the same in the U.S.A but here in Canada you got to have have a clean criminal record to cross the border. If you've done something criminal in the past you can ask for a waiver and that will clear your criminal record.

Thanks for the info.
Thoth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the Canadian borders are a massive pain in the ass. Not really sure why. No idea how those you mentioned with dodgy passports managed to get through but either they were lucky or they were cleared... I also heard that some people brought in drugs from the US (via plane), not really sure how they managed that though hehe.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nex Cultus wrote:
Any advice on getting across the US/Canadian border with a dodgy police record?

I have heard too many horror stories of the Canadian border stations turning away people for petite convictions and yet I see some (whom I know have records) seem to get through...is it just a turn of the dice?

Luck can definitely play a big part especially depending on how you choose to travel there. For example, in my experience flying in is a bit more rigorous than driving in if that's an option. Usually if you're driving in you will face minimal to no hold up unless it really looks like something's wrong. They'll probably just take a look at the passports, walk around the car, and waive you on; I've only been required to get out of the car once in ~10 trips over the boarder. I've flown a few times too and sometimes the customs process takes 20-30 minutes with what appears to be actual checking and other times I've just flashed my passport and walked through.
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine from Canada was denied going in the USA this week because he didn't have a return ticket. He was accused of wanting to immigrate illegally to the US!!! He was stuck two hours at the border before they told him he couldn't cross. Now, next time he wants to go to the states, he needs to bring a shitload of documents with him to prove that he lives in Canada.

And because of that bullshit, he missed the Vomitor/Negative Plane gig!
vinhas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Hellfire Commando"]A friend of mine from Canada was denied going in the USA this week because he didn't have a return ticket. He was accused of wanting to immigrate illegally to the US!!! He was stuck two hours at the border before they told him he couldn't cross. Now, next time he wants to go to the states, he needs to bring a shitload of documents with him to prove that he lives in Canada.
quote]

sorry for your friend, but it seems to be predictable, since USA is the land of paranoia...
Orpheus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kind of behaviour would be understandable at least, if they actually made any kind of attempt at controlling the mexico/US border.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: