P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Mayhem - Of Lord Satan's Mysteries.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Mayhem - Of Lord Satan's Mysteries. Reply with quote

Picked this up at a record store in santa cruz recently. Sounds pretty killer, you can hear the youth in Dead's vocals haha. Also the album art is a must see for any Mayhem fan.

Any thoughts?
STI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Mayhem - Of Lord Satan's Mysteries. Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
Picked this up at a record store in santa cruz recently. Sounds pretty killer, you can hear the youth in Dead's vocals haha. Also the album art is a must see for any Mayhem fan.

Any thoughts?

Bootleg Repress of the classic Mid-90 In Memorium bootleg. Maybe worth for Dead's drawing but I will stick with In Memorium anyway...
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fucking killer once your ears adjust to the sound. Dead's vocals are pretty maniacal. I listen to this record at least once a month.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it and I like it a lot, although the songs have been released on other boots. But I agree that the art/overall presentation is excellent. My LP has an annoyingly small center hole though. I have to really shove it down on the turntable (who would've thought a metalhead would think a hole is too tight?). Very Happy

Edit: The CD version is a shit CDR. Avoid.
.aske

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great release!
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. The artwork is what really makes it worthwhile, the songs are great but how many times have we heard Deathcrush, chainsaw gutsfuck, buried... etc. haha you petty much know what to expect.
robotdie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
My LP has an annoyingly small center hole though. I have to really shove it down on the turntable.

I use a small file on the inner hole when it is too tight, worth the few bucks at hardware store, especially if you're nearly warping your wax every time you want to spin it/take it off.
Bakeneko

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to get hold of one. Any UK distro ?
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bakeneko wrote:
I have to get hold of one. Any UK distro ?

Long sold out everywhere as far as I know.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
Agreed. The artwork is what really makes it worthwhile, the songs are great but how many times have we heard Deathcrush, chainsaw gutsfuck, buried... etc. haha you petty much know what to expect.

so true! all these Mayhem bootlegs tend to have overlapping tracks. has anyone picked up these latest 7"s I see that hit the streets? due to price, and the overlapping tracks, I decided to pass on these. I have caved in to most other boots that they have had come out over the years sans this "horrors of hell" as its more of the same tracks, only from a suspect era....

also, while I never expect a lot from bootlegs, I will say the dawn of the black hearts recent boot was fairly tacky looking. I really hoped for a full sized dead suicide shot, but instead they laid out the image in several small frames that form an upside down cross. I am guessing this is to avoid massive pixelation to the photo if the blew it up to a full 12x12? for example this recent morbid/mayhem LP cover is pixelated as fuck!! I rarely complain about such things, but this one is pretty damn bad. oh well, its about the actual music for the true die hard fans, not the artwork right??? hahaha. you win some you lose some....

the burzum/mayhem split seemed pretty pointless too. once again, more repeating material.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:

also, while I never expect a lot from bootlegs, I will say the dawn of the black hearts recent boot was fairly tacky looking. I really hoped for a full sized dead suicide shot, but instead they laid out the image in several small frames that form an upside down cross

Dumbest idea ever, it makes the whole thing look so utterly retarded it hurts. Too bad considering how amazing the original lp looks, the best metal bootleg ever imo.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:

also, while I never expect a lot from bootlegs, I will say the dawn of the black hearts recent boot was fairly tacky looking. I really hoped for a full sized dead suicide shot, but instead they laid out the image in several small frames that form an upside down cross

Dumbest idea ever, it makes the whole thing look so utterly retarded it hurts. Too bad considering how amazing the original lp looks, the best metal bootleg ever imo.

yep, I was hoping for an exact duplicate of the OG boot myself. for me, it was one of the larger let downs in recent history upon opening the package to discover this upside down cross crap. the quest for a full 12x12 dawn of the black hearts continues here... this is a release is pretty much mandatory for the classic (kvlt) imagery alone
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much of a bootleg buyer myself, but this record was well worth the money. packaging, artwork and the sound on the rehearsal is great once your ears adjust to it. well worth getting if you're into older Mayhem,
DrkKnight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cool. I have both pressings and it gets rotated decently in my house.

Good deals: Travis N., xyosefx, Dark Descent, captainretardo
Carpathian Florist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:

Edit: The CD version is a shit CDR. Avoid.

Really? Mine looks nothing like a CDR to me Confused

NOBODY KNOWS IM A WEREWOLF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: