P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DEICIDE Insineratehymn + In Torment in Hell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Insineratehymn + In Torment in Hell = kvlt devil deal?
Yes
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Meh
90%
 90%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 44

NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:

Yeah, it wasn't the fact the band had been creatively bankrupt since Serpents of the light. Say what you want about his drunkeness but the guy had more ideas regarding the riff/guitar department than anything the Hoffman brothers had for six years sucking in the band.

He's obviously not the sole responsible for the downfall of Deicide but certainly didn't do anything to bring in a tad of creativity either. I don't question the man's skills but his guitar playing just doesn't fit Deicide, whoever in the band thought he could be a suitable replacement for the Hoffmans was obviously far off the mark. I'm saying it again, regardless of whether you like them or not, those last three albums they did sound nothing like old Deicide whereas both Insineratehymn and ITiH do.
pentfixion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insineratehymn holds up alright but In Torment In Hell still sounds like dogshit to me.
HotBlack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
Santolla's leadwork...

Laughing

Insineratehymn is just alright... in torment is crap.
deathevocation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentfixion wrote:
Insineratehymn holds up alright but In Torment In Hell still sounds like dogshit to me.
Antimosh003

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always liked the music to Insineratehymn, but like 90% of Deicide lyrics I find them just too naive and almost childish.

Most Deicide reminds me of corny films like From Dusk Till Dawn for some reason Very Happy
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to laugh at the sample at the start of In Torment..., that's about it. Never really liked either album. First 2 have always destroyed the rest of their albums in my view
boogs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't like either album. Boring for the most part, you can kinda hear they were getting tired of it all. Stench of Redemption is a good album, maybe not like early Deicide in style but at least it's good. The last album was alright but extremely plastic sounding.
I am however of the sort of unpopular opinion that Serpents... is their worst album by far.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
I am however of the sort of unpopular opinion that Serpents... is their worst album by far.

It's definitively a shit album, despite some wackos praising it all the time.
Fat Dagon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Torment is tolearble but Insinerate ... fuuuck does it stink!! Bible Basher seems like it should be on a completely different record as it's all downhill after that opening track.

The main problem that nobody has really mentioned so far with Insinerate is the production - it's weaker than clock radio speakers (to quote GZA)

First time I heard it I was disgusted with the guitar sound, I've got acoustic records heavier than that piece of shit. It broke my heart - the beginning of the end.

And anyone rating post-hoffman Deicide is on drugs. Strong ones.
N.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, when Insineratehymn first came out I was all into it, since I was a huge Deicide fan, then it took me years later to realize what a worthless piece of shit it was. I guess it's obvious Deicide farted out Insinerateshit and In Torment In Hell only to get off of Roadrunner, shame on them! And even after that, I have not been interested in them. For me only Deicide that exists is S/T, Legion and the Amon demos.

- E. M. Cioran
antihumanism

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember reading they said those 2 albums were just released to have their contract ended with roadrunner or am i wrong?

better make a poll of:
s/t
Amon
Legion
once upon
serpents
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antihumanism wrote:
i remember reading they said those 2 albums were just released to have their contract ended with roadrunner or am i wrong

Only ITiH. Funny that despite that it still sounds better than all post-Roadrunner Deicide.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have links to interviews or other proof of them releasing In Torment for the sole purpose of meeting contractual obligations? I find it hard to believe that a band that had spent more than a decade making a respectable name for themselves would really drag it through the mud because they are unhappy with the label. Sure, they will do some immediate damage to the labels bottom line, but the damage done to themselves is far worse and longer lasting. The idea seems anathema to the goals of a professional band trying to make a living from their music.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Does anyone have links to interviews or other proof of them releasing In Torment for the sole purpose of meeting contractual obligations? I find it hard to believe that a band that had spent more than a decade making a respectable name for themselves would really drag it through the mud because they are unhappy with the label. Sure, they will do some immediate damage to the labels bottom line, but the damage done to themselves is far worse and longer lasting. The idea seems anathema to the goals of a professional band trying to make a living from their music.

I do remember an interview in a local mainstream mag in which Benton was stating something along those lines. It was straight after they got signed to Earache, he claimed he wasn't satisfied at all with that album and wouldn't play any of those songs live. He mentioned RR held the rights to one more Deicide album, which explains why the "Best of Deicide" comp was put out shortly afterwards.
GenericBlackMetalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where Deicide went downhill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: