P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Classic albums you just don't like at all
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SWO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respect what they did for metal, I just can't get into them.

Fuck metal, hail interludes
Sarcueil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Abortion wrote:
Metal isn't diplomatic, it takes diplomats hostage.

this quote is pure fucking gold!
pimp stick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
Nk7 is a fucking moron if he is going to bash for hating on one sole Entombed album. I don't know if the decrepit old fuck managed to squint with his beady cataract-sealed eyes but there were guys bashing Sabbath, Bathory, Maiden and lots of other genre starters way before.

hahahaha i've seen nk7/marcos bash other people every day for 5+ years on fmp for much less Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next confession: I don't like Anthrax or Testament at all.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
Nk7 is a fucking moron if he is going to bash for hating on one sole Entombed album. I don't know if the decrepit old fuck managed to squint with his beady cataract-sealed eyes but there were guys bashing Sabbath, Bathory, Maiden and lots of other genre starters way before.

Seems like my comment caused a sleepless night.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWO wrote:

I can understand that to some degree, it also took me years to fully appreciate them.

But then I started with the debut and slowly worked myself through their discography up to "Nothingface", maybe give it another try?
eighthplague

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Abortion wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
Zone wrote:
I wish I could appreciate them a little more, Last One on earth introduced me to more underground old school death metal when I heard it a few years ago. But apart from like four songs it just doesn't do much for me, maybe it might just need a few more spins.

Man, that's gotta be the best death metal album ever in my opinion. I'd say give it a few more listens.

Good Death Metal albums/bands won't click with this kid, he dislikes Left Hand Path and praises Gorefest over it and apparently over Asphyx as well Rolling Eyes

Different strokes for different folks. I really could care less what someone else does or does not like. I just think an album as good as Last One on Earth deserves a few more listens, that's all.

Shush faggot. Fuck your diplomacy. Metal isn't diplomatic, it takes diplomats hostage.

Are you fucking serious? Laughing

On-topic: You guys need to get over it- someone doesn't like an album that you do. The argument that you have to hold it to a higher standard because something you like evolved from it is really weird, by the way. I mean, what's the cut-off line for something like that? I'd like a 70's GTO as much as the next sedan-driving asshole, but I could give a shit about a Model-T. I'd rather listen to Left Hand Path than Repugnant, on the flipside of that. But still, I don't get why you guys act like there are these ridiculous ultimate truths in regards to taste in a music genre. I feel bad for anyone who uses dumb shit like "it was important" as a guiding device for what they listen to.
Zone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Zone wrote:

Seems like my comment caused a sleepless night.

Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Pro Abortion wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
Zone wrote:
I wish I could appreciate them a little more, Last One on earth introduced me to more underground old school death metal when I heard it a few years ago. But apart from like four songs it just doesn't do much for me, maybe it might just need a few more spins.

Man, that's gotta be the best death metal album ever in my opinion. I'd say give it a few more listens.

Good Death Metal albums/bands won't click with this kid, he dislikes Left Hand Path and praises Gorefest over it and apparently over Asphyx as well Rolling Eyes

Different strokes for different folks. I really could care less what someone else does or does not like. I just think an album as good as Last One on Earth deserves a few more listens, that's all.

Shush faggot. Fuck your diplomacy. Metal isn't diplomatic, it takes diplomats hostage.

Are you fucking serious?

Is Harry Reid a soft-spoken, limp-wristed puke?
God Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a political statement, but just an astute observation: Isn't John Boehner the one who is always crying on camera?

Also, LAST ONE ON EARTH OR FUCK OFF
Cedric

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already like Cirith Ungol more than when I first listened to them, but those vocals remain pretty hard to stomach. Luckily the riffs are so good that it doesn't really matter much in the end.
God Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
SWO wrote:

I can understand that to some degree, it also took me years to fully appreciate them.

But then I started with the debut and slowly worked myself through their discography up to "Nothingface", maybe give it another try?

This is something I should probably try. I listened to a couple Voivod songs when I was a teenager and never really liked or went back to check them out again.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Abortion wrote:

Is Harry Reid a soft-spoken, limp-wristed puke?

Are you proof positive that we really should be euthanizing autistic children?
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:

On-topic: You guys need to get over it- someone doesn't like an album that you do. The argument that you have to hold it to a higher standard because something you like evolved from it is really weird, by the way. I mean, what's the cut-off line for something like that? I'd like a 70's GTO as much as the next sedan-driving asshole, but I could give a shit about a Model-T. I'd rather listen to Left Hand Path than Repugnant, on the flipside of that. But still, I don't get why you guys act like there are these ridiculous ultimate truths in regards to taste in a music genre. I feel bad for anyone who uses dumb shit like "it was important" as a guiding device for what they listen to.

No. Art is art, shit is shit, trying to pass off shit for art is just wrong and cannot be tolerated. Fuck all that "it's just a matter of taste" relativism, Michelangelo's "Pietà" is objectively a masterpiece and there's no arguing about it, LHP is objectively a milestone of death metal. If you like Weistizo Balstiz and a fucking drum rehearsal without vocals while disliking Maiden you're fucked in the head and your opinions are worthless, period. I won't let the children of Ipod and youtube miscultures pollute my scene.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could advance the slightest argument for why there is objectivity in art?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 44 of 47

Jump to: