P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DEICIDE Insineratehymn + In Torment in Hell
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Insineratehymn + In Torment in Hell = kvlt devil deal?
Yes
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Meh
90%
 90%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 44

NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: DEICIDE Insineratehymn + In Torment in Hell Reply with quote

Seen as both the albums were bootlegged recently and I hadn't listened to them in ages, I thought to give them a spin today and see if they're really as mediocre as I seemed to remember them. Surprise, they turned out much better than expected: classic Deicide sound here, several killer riffs and lots of groove with at least a couple of stand out tracks. Granted, they're light years away from the class of Legion and there's indeed some filler stuff here and there, still I think they're both much stronger than anything Deicide released after the Hoffmans left. I suppose this is a hopeless mission as most posters here got into Deicide with that Stench of Redemption trigger snoozefest and don't know jackshit about the band, but I really think these albums deserve to be revalued a bit.
Throne_of_ahaz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised by this thread after all the good material you put down all the time.

Both of these albums are shit.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard 'em. I've read that they will make me physically sick upon listening.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid Obesity wrote:
Never heard 'em. I've read that they will make me physically sick upon listening.

They do get a lot of awful reviews and I can see why, I mean if you put either of them next to the band's first three masterpieces it will indeed sound like a weak copy of the real deal. Still if you don't expect them to be a new Legion they might sound surprisingly good:

http://youtu.be/qItfX28DMGI
http://youtu.be/j9Slu1YU4x8
http://youtu.be/nIAsJmHq4EQ

I'm pretty sure most of those who turn the albums down never actually listened to them and only do so because it's politically correct.
Mutilated

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insineratehymn is pretty good and In torment in hell is okay as well. Of course they can't be compared to their earlier work. They are much better than their last 4 albums though. Scars, Stench, Till Death and To hell are just pure fucking garbage.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange that you constantly put down modern bands, and then praise two albums which are considerably weaker than any number of recent death metal releases.

Sure, there are some good songs/riffs across the albums, but if they weren't Deicide records they'd have disappeared without trace.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serpents of the Light was the last Deicide album I heard and I'm going to keep it that way.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pestkrieg wrote:
Strange that you constantly put down modern bands, and then praise two albums which are considerably weaker than any number of recent death metal releases.

I'm by no means "praising" them, just saying they don't deserve the constant bashing they receive and are actually decent albums. My dislike of modern bands mainly regards those awful two-riffs-under-blastbeats darkclones and black/thrash filth that people without any serious metal background seem to worship. It's safe to say even the weakest Deicide ever smokes the shit out of that garbage.
God Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Torment In Hell is the worst Deicide record by far. It's cookiecutter garbage that they shit out to basically get rid of their Roadrunner obligations. I'm pretty sure they knew they were releasing pure garbage. Even the cover art is uninspired crap. Everything about it is shite.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutilated wrote:
Insineratehymn is pretty good and In torment in hell is okay as well. Of course they can't be compared to their earlier work. They are much better than their last 4 albums though. Scars, Stench, Till Death and To hell are just pure fucking garbage.

Fully agreed. Last three albums especially don't even sound like Deicide to my ears, I find it hard to believe that the Hoffmans had no part in the songwriting as Benton and Asheim claim.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the "Fuck No" option ?

signed, someone who is above the age of 30 and who's first exposure to the band was the S/T and Amon: Feasting The Beast compilation.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throne_of_ahaz wrote:

Both of these albums are shit.

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
moonan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutilated wrote:
They are much better than their last 4 albums though. Scars, Stench, Till Death and To hell are just pure fucking garbage.

Shocked Seriously Insineratehymn and In torment are two of the worst metal albums I have ever heard. Stench and Scars were really good albums nothing compared to the first 4 but still good. Till Death and To Hell are not great but they are far better than Insineratehymn and In torment in Hell.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonan wrote:
Mutilated wrote:
They are much better than their last 4 albums though. Scars, Stench, Till Death and To hell are just pure fucking garbage.

Shocked Seriously Insineratehymn and In torment are two of the worst metal albums I have ever heard. Stench and Scars were really good albums nothing compared to the first 4 but still good. Till Death and To Hell are not great but they are far better than Insineratehymn and In torment in Hell.

Mention and link one song off Stench that is better than Bible Basher.
moonan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
moonan wrote:
Mutilated wrote:

Mention and link one song off Stench that is better than Bible Basher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxnQhH3n-qs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1qmQjRTr0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj964IWv8v8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YySkHnkZk5A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: