P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NORTT/XASTHUR split LP..........................

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Descension

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: NORTT/XASTHUR split LP.......................... Reply with quote

One of the best splits ever? I think so. Pulled it out of the shelves after a few years for the first time today.

The riffs are just phenomenal.
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Xasthur side is fucking insane. Well the 2 "proper" songs are anyway. Also the title/artwork is my favourite of any Xasthur. Nortt side is pretty good.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, listened to it again recently too and it is solid all round. Xasthur just spread himself too thin, and went too 'out there' on later releases. I heard Portal of Sorrow for the first time recently, and it just sounded like a mess.

(incidently, got PoS as a freebie with the Nocturnal Poisoning album (the acoustic project, not the Xathur album) which is seriously good though. Sounds like John Fahey at times)

SoundsOfDecay wrote:
The Xasthur side is fucking insane. Well the 2 "proper" songs are anyway.

That piano piece at the end is probably my favourite track on the whole release.
Antimosh003

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My introduction to both bands and one of my most played splits. The balance is just perfect and also Xasthur's strongest effort imo.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have not visited this album in AGES myself... never had any hard feelings towards either artists, but I will say its gone unnoticed on the shelf for quite some time. too bad my turntable is down at the moment. this will have to wait for another occasion

not to totally thread jack, but if anyone has an "unwanted" copy of Xasthur/Leviathan LP they would like to sell, please PM me and let me know what you might actually want for it. traded off my CD copy long ago hoping I might have tracked down the LP version by now. bad move I guess
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: