P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Ofermod - Thaumiel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gromcrom wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
Frozen wrote:
Mika is Chaos Laughing


"There has not existed a Black Metal scene until very, very recently when we decided that we will let other LHP individuals also express themselves through the same genre as ourselves...Black Metal up to now has been Watain, Dissection, Malign, Funeral Mist, Marduk, and with a few others the most feared, hated and evil orchestra on the earth, Ofermod."

"Black Metal was born with ME IN NORRKÖPING SWEDEN, but as I am Finnish of origin it´s a Finnish phenomenon of Music to Praise the Allies of the Qliphoth Journal"

-The Grandfather of Black Metal, Mika Hakola. Laughing


For shit like this, I have a really hard time taking anything the guy says/does seriously. But a crazy person or not, he has recorded some average to slightly above average metal over the years.


When in fuck he say that Laughing surely must be very old interview!
Also, eightplague, you damn with faint praise man ah ah! Wink


He said it on Facebook, just recently actually.
I'm just saying the guy makes good music, but he's totally nuts. That in itself seems to be pretty normal, though.
Back to top
rthdx



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 1406
Location: Korolev, Russia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"There has not existed a Black Metal scene until very, very recently when we decided that we will let other LHP individuals also express themselves through the same genre as ourselves...Black Metal up to now has been Watain, Dissection, Malign, Funeral Mist, Marduk, and with a few others the most feared, hated and evil orchestra on the earth, Ofermod."

"Black Metal was born with ME IN NORRKÖPING SWEDEN, but as I am Finnish of origin it´s a Finnish phenomenon of Music to Praise the Allies of the Qliphoth Journal"


Hear the Voice of Truth, ye Sinners! For the coming End of Time! Hakola in Scarlet Underwear saddled the Dragon to Retribute your Sins!
_________________
Kiss My Coffin!
news
bandcamp
bigcartel
youtube
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thoth



Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 575

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortuus once told me something like: Mika is a genius, but sometimes his geniosity gets over his head and he starts saying really stupid shit. You have to take him with a grain of salt.

I think this describes him pretty well. Personally I have absolutely no problem with artists being completely nuts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DTBRex



Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 3260
Location: Arktogäa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoth wrote:
Personally I have absolutely no problem with artists being completely nuts.


I second that. A sober-minded artist, especially in a genre as raw and primordial as Black Metal? I don't think he could record smth I'd want to listen to.

@Topic: Good album thus far, although I'm not into any Qliphotic Mumbo Jumbo myself. Musicwise, I can enjoy it though.
_________________
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Death Camp (dramatically decimated prices): www.black-metal-mailorder.com
Discogs of Darkness: www.discogs.com/seller/DTBRex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Deadlove



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 267
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this album takes as long to digest as "Tiamtu", then it will be many more spins before it hits me...

Love "Tiamtu", but when I first heard it I thought it sucked.......well, just that it was okay.....but it grew on me so much.....so maybe this new one will work the same way?

I can hear the man borrowing riffs from himself tho....I guess there's no rule against that.......not that it's repeating, but expanding on what already was done, I guess: the song remains the same!!

"The Song Remains The Same" <--the grandfather of Black Metal, LED ZEPPELIN.....also BLACK SABBATH obviously......Mika the godfather of WATAIN/ONDSKAPT/FUNERAL MIST Swedish Black Metal, he influenced those bands of that generation to play a certain style and way, and it is a known Swedish sound.....but not the entire world......sorry Mika.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rthdx



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 1406
Location: Korolev, Russia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
A sober-minded artist, especially in a genre as raw and primordial as Black Metal? I don't think he could record smth I'd want to listen to.

There is a clear difference between insanity and mental retardness, though. Wink At least I see void between schizophrenic and oligophrenic, the other may not, and who am I to judge them in the end... Smile
_________________
Kiss My Coffin!
news
bandcamp
bigcartel
youtube
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadlove wrote:
Mika the godfather of WATAIN/ONDSKAPT/FUNERAL MIST Swedish Black Metal


???

Mayhem
Marduk
Dark Funeral
Dissection
Cardinal Sin
Setherial
etc etc etc.
Back to top
Albin



Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 1301

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only important thing : Is Nord singing therein ? Or did he left before ?
_________________
"When you see the children with x's on their head, if you dare to look at them, soon you will be dead."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blutkvlt



Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 5581
Location: latino wizards guild

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it's the guy from Mortuus, which gives me hope for more Mortuus material eventually.
_________________
"I really wonder what's the source of this gayness music"

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Albin



Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Posts: 1301

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha yeah, that Mortuus band. Almost forgotten that they existed.
_________________
"When you see the children with x's on their head, if you dare to look at them, soon you will be dead."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dalihrob



Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 1411
Location: Czech republic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
Apparently it's the guy from Mortuus, which gives me hope for more Mortuus material eventually.



Yeah I think they've even posted something about the new material on their facebook site.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hevosrunkkari



Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Posts: 303
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I though Mika is the only vocalist, had no idea about that Mortuus guy, no liner notes whatsoever. In some parts he sounds like Arioch, i guess all swedish bm vocalists eventually end up sounding the same. Anyway, in overall vocals are good, so cant complain.

Anyway, i'm still listening the album, good stuff. Track 3 probably my favorite, beginning riff sounds so cheesy, its awesome, and theres also segment which sounds like Funeral Mist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steken



Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 1121

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalihrob wrote:
Blutkvlt wrote:
Apparently it's the guy from Mortuus, which gives me hope for more Mortuus material eventually.



Yeah I think they've even posted something about the new material on their facebook site.


New Mortuus material in the works? Best news all week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
krakentorso



Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1590
Location: ger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
Dalihrob wrote:
Blutkvlt wrote:
Apparently it's the guy from Mortuus, which gives me hope for more Mortuus material eventually.



Yeah I think they've even posted something about the new material on their facebook site.


New Mortuus material in the works? Best news all week.


this.

Their/his debut LP is the best stuff from this orthodox-sweblack-pool imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steken



Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 1121

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krakentorso wrote:
Steken wrote:
Dalihrob wrote:
Blutkvlt wrote:
Apparently it's the guy from Mortuus, which gives me hope for more Mortuus material eventually.



Yeah I think they've even posted something about the new material on their facebook site.


New Mortuus material in the works? Best news all week.


this.

Their/his debut LP is the best stuff from this orthodox-sweblack-pool imo.


And the EP is brilliant as well. Fantastic band.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group