P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Later MANES material
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Later MANES material Reply with quote

Such a bizarre band. Under ein Blodraud Maane is great within its own right though I find myself enjoying, in a very odd way, the later material too. How the World Came to an End is weird as fuck though is strangely intriguing and actually quite captivating. I really don't know how the fuck to begin to start explaining what style the music is.
Frozen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard "How The World...", but I did listen to "Vilosophe" a couple of weeks ago and was surprised at how dated and crappy it was. It had this really annoying post-rock/warp records feel to it, that probably sounded really cutting edge back in '03, but now sounds like elevator muzak.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ye26ZCK_KE

First track from the album. Kind of sets the tone.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that shit did not age well at all- not that it was very good to begin with. It sounded like Linkin Park or some shit. Weren't there rap-rock songs on one of those albums? Laughing What a fucking failure of a band.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does kind of sound like Linkin Park in places actually - and yes there are an emalgamation of many different things. It might be completely alien to their early stuff but I find it draws me in quite significantly. Very very different to the black metal they once wrote.

Perhaps it appeals because I grew up listening to rock and such up until about 12/13.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmaLurra wrote:
It does kind of sound like Linkin Park in places actually - and yes there are an emalgamation of many different things. It might be completely alien to their early stuff but I find it draws me in quite significantly. Very very different to the black metal they once wrote.

Perhaps it appeals because I grew up listening to rock and such up until about 12/13.

I just don't get why they used the name "Manes" when they clearly weren't interested in that band anymore or that style of music. Plus, Manes was barely a cult band at the time. They got way bigger after the newer stuff started coming out. Bizarre decision there.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the name should have changed. It absolutely should have. People that enjoy their new stuff probably wonder what the fuck their early material was and those that liked the earlier stuff probably think the same about the later stuff. The music I oddly enjoy though the sheer polarity between the two styles should have come with a change in band name.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vilosophe is excellent in my opinion, though How the world album I don't really like.
Anyone got the new re-release of Under Ein bLodraud Maane? How does it look? Is there a booklet with the CD edition?
GGAllingoatsuckdrinkpiss

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diving with your hands bound on Vilosophe makes me travel far, far away. The other songs of the album fits the ambiance. I'll take a closer look to How the World Came to an End, that i didn't liked so much when a friend lend it to me.
abscess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a digi-pack of "Vilosophe" on Code66/SPV that I will gladly send for free to anyone in the USA the next time I do a postal run (probably next week).
The outer digipack has some minor wear/marks. The cd has a few light scratches that don't affect play. It's free, so who cares.
First person to PM me their address (within the USA only!!) get's it!
Nex Cultus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy the material on "Solve Et Coagule".
That aside I am not familiar with any material post original line up.
Manes is one of my all time favorite bands so I guess I was afraid to step into the new stuff..those later era photo shoots didn't help this either. Do the more recent recordings sound anything like the "solve.." album?

Cant wait for that "Manii" record to happen.

Last edited by Nex Cultus on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood Music

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of later Manes. FWIW, we're releasing a new record by the duo who did Under Ein Bloodraud Maane -- Sargatanas and Cernunnus.

It's a Manes off-shoot called Manii, returning to the experimental depressive black style.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Music wrote:
Speaking of later Manes. FWIW, we're releasing a new record by the duo who did Under Ein Bloodraud Maane -- Sargatanas and Cernunnus.

It's a Manes off-shoot called Manii, returning to the experimental depressive black style.

I swear I heard a sample of this on soundcloud many months ago. Do you have the link?
manes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been waiting for this to come out: doesn anyone here know something?
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Yeah that shit did not age well at all- not that it was very good to begin with. It sounded like Linkin Park or some shit. Weren't there rap-rock songs on one of those albums? Laughing What a fucking failure of a band.

I have heard better french hip hop in my life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: