P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

any thoughts on Dark Funeral?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forever wrote:
rthdx wrote:
Cannot even remember how many years ago I've heard them last time, but never understood massive jerking around on "Secrets..." those days when I did. First MCD was fine, plus I strangely appreciated sound on "Vobiscum..." plus there was one slaying moment there, maybe even have to re-listen to remember in which song... Smile

I think VS is their best album... I dont like any of the others.

People can say what they want ("kvltish newbies" tend to shit on it) but Vobiscum Satanas is a killer Swedish BM record. All the recordings until this one are pretty cool. Don't care about the band after this.
Downloading now the Unisound version of "Secrets...", always had big curiosity about it.
ImBlueIBelieveICanDie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EARLGREYTEA wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
probert wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
Steken wrote:
When I was a kid, SOTBA was probably amongst the first ten or twenty black metal albums I bought -- I liked it, sure, but pretty quickly found better stuff.

........ Oh but shit, now I remember, this brings me back!

This one time on Swedish radio (P3) they were live-streaming full concerts from the Hultsfred festival, must have been '97-'98 or so, and I popped in a tape and recorded a Dark Funeral gig on the A-side, and a fucking Gravediggaz gig on the B-side!

Yes, that Gravediggaz -- the Wu-Tang Clan side-project.

That tape was fucking killer!

Next time I'm at my parents' place, I'll go digging for it... But mostly for the B-side, to be honest!

I was listening to Niggamortis on the way home from work last night, great album. Pretty much all those old Wu Tang side projects were killer.

check out deadly venoms. 3 female MCs.. wutang affiliated. funny when i first checked out their album i thought it was 3 little dudes rapping and was thinking man these kids can RAP for what sounded like 11 year olds before puberty.

Will check it out. I've been thrashing Tical, Only built for cuban linx and Liquid swords a lot lately. I guess its a strange thing getting into that stuff at the age of 33 in a way, but I can see the logic somewhat in that I was always into dub, drum n bass, glitch etc etc. Mostly just into the production on the early WU and side-projects, that combination of queasy beats and textures with slowed down/fucked up soul music samples.

I admit I was down with hip-hop when it was good ... Mobb Deep, Black Moon, early Nas, even Eric B & Rakim and Kool G Rap ... best Wu songs IMO involve Ghost & Rae - pure poetry when they are on a track together ... Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and Ironman are classics Very Happy
You fucking race traitor go choke on I_Love_Blacks dick. Rap is shit. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Evaldo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:

People can say what they want ("kvltish newbies" tend to shit on it) but Vobiscum Satanas is a killer Swedish BM record.

It has nothing to do with being "kvltish newbies" at all. That album is simply a major boredom fest i.e. dull songs/uninspired riffs and the trademark Abyss dry production doesnt help. There's even a more or less clear Acheron rip off in he lyrics of the title track. Setherial perfected that style much better on Lords of the Nightrealm.

Last edited by Evaldo on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EARLGREYTEA wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
probert wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
Steken wrote:
When I was a kid, SOTBA was probably amongst the first ten or twenty black metal albums I bought -- I liked it, sure, but pretty quickly found better stuff.

This one time on Swedish radio (P3) they were live-streaming full concerts from the Hultsfred festival, must have been '97-'98 or so, and I popped in a tape and recorded a Dark Funeral gig on the A-side, and a fucking Gravediggaz gig on the B-side!

Next time I'm at my parents' place, I'll go digging for it... But mostly for the B-side, to be honest!

I was listening to Niggamortis on the way home from work last night, great album. Pretty much all those old Wu Tang side projects were killer.

check out deadly venoms. 3 female MCs.. wutang affiliated. funny when i first checked out their album i thought it was 3 little dudes rapping and was thinking man these kids can RAP for what sounded like 11 year olds before puberty.

Will check it out. I've been thrashing Tical, Only built for cuban linx and Liquid swords a lot lately. I guess its a strange thing getting into that stuff at the age of 33 in a way, but I can see the logic somewhat in that I was always into dub, drum n bass, glitch etc etc. Mostly just into the production on the early WU and side-projects, that combination of queasy beats and textures with slowed down/fucked up soul music samples.

I admit I was down with hip-hop when it was good ... Mobb Deep, Black Moon, early Nas, even Eric B & Rakim and Kool G Rap ... best Wu songs IMO involve Ghost & Rae - pure poetry when they are on a track together ... Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and Ironman are classics Very Happy

Yup, and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II (Raekwon's "sequel" from a year or two ago) isn't half-bad, either. The Chef's still got it.

Always dug Non-Phixion, too. The S.O.D. of hip-hop. "Welcome to Futurama / where the cyborgs will shoot your mama!" Very Happy
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worthless Joke wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
Only the first MCD and Secrets of the Black Arts are worthy.

Stalinorgel wrote:
Thanks to the stupidity of Mr. Parland

Hah. There's a classic Proscriptor interview in Darkmoon #4 (or 5) where he unleashes all hate over Mr. Parland.

Scans or it didn't happen!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj210/rareoopkult/proscriptor_darkmoon.jpg

There you go. It's the second question with long rant as answer. Great stuff...

"You can't hide the hook!"
Albert-Satan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to see them live in a week. It will be a memorable experience.
EARLGREYTEA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
EARLGREYTEA wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
probert wrote:
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
Steken wrote:

Yup, and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II (Raekwon's "sequel" from a year or two ago) isn't half-bad, either. The Chef's still got it.

Always dug Non-Phixion, too. The S.O.D. of hip-hop. "Welcome to Futurama / where the cyborgs will shoot your mama!" Very Happy

Now, your talking ... more current/recent underground hip-hop worth mentioning include Jedi Mind Tricks and Ill Bill's solo joints ... funny how incestuous both hip-hop and metal can be ... since all these different artists appear on each other's records and how they can definitely/dramatically change the tune ... Pete Helmkamp is the JayZ/Kanye of metal!
ImBlueIBelieveICanDie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogshit!
bpm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert-Satan wrote:

memorably gay
csehszlovakze

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert-Satan wrote:

sure thing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrcWAZVVTR0

my shitty metal blog
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpm wrote:
Albert-Satan wrote:

memorably gay

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
grimalkin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:

There you go. It's the second question with long rant as answer. Great stuff...[/quote]

Open the Gates to My Ass

That's almost as good as this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaHhvefoneo
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grimalkin wrote:
Tireheb wrote:

There you go. It's the second question with long rant as answer. Great stuff...

Didn't knew Helmkamp was ever a part of Absu's live line up. That would have been cool to see!
Frozen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
I liked the Secrets of the Black Arts until I saw a documentary on Swedish TV about Blackmoon and his insane bitch. After that I felt like I would be infected by their stupidity if I continued to subject myself to it. Today that seems even more true.

Anyone who remembers the name of this doc?
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
bpm wrote:
Albert-Satan wrote:

memorably gay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: