P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Classic albums you just don't like at all
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seasons always struck me as Slayer's "Black Album", well I never worried about that because I like both. Solid songs, mature songwriting; sure, not the total energy and craziness of youth but still solid Metal albums
Vegeta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
Seasons always struck me as Slayer's "Black Album"

very spot on really

TS. wrote:
Any Judas Priest record.

you get out!

Werwolf wrote:
I actually thought of doing an acetate repress limited to 1 copy just to fuck with people
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the reactions in this thread by people when they find out someone does not like an album or band they like is hilarious. Laughing

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How on earth is Seasons In the Abyss like the Black Album? Metallica ditched all sense of aggression in favor of mid-paced songs and turned into simplistic predictable pop music. About 20 seconds into War Ensemble it's pretty obvious Slayer did not. Sure there are a couple of slower songs but there were some of those on South of Heaven as well. If anything I'd say Diabolus In Shitica would be their Black Album.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:
How on earth is Seasons In the Abyss like the Black Album? Metallica ditched all sense of aggression in favor of mid-paced songs and turned into simplistic predictable pop music. About 20 seconds into War Ensemble it's pretty obvious Slayer did not. Sure there are a couple of slower songs but there were some of those on South of Heaven as well. If anything I'd say Diabolus In Shitica would be their Black Album.

This.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BreedingtheSpawn wrote:
Some of the reactions in this thread by people when they find out someone does not like an album or band they like is hilarious. Laughing

Well you know, one would expect that people who claim to be into death/black metal and post on a forum like this would enjoy the bands that shaped the genre and wrote pages of music history -or at least have some sort of knowledge of what those records represent for metal as a whole. Turns out the fags will get all horny & wet over Balwezo Westijiz Urkraftens Mystik kvlt LP while talking shits of Severed Survival.

What's even more annoying about these 20-something yo little pricks is that they get all upset and whiny when you bash their precious Mutiilation/DTL rubbish but ask for their retarded "Slayer sucks", "Ride the lightning is boring ass thrash" crap to pass unnoticed because "it's just their own opinion".
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
BreedingtheSpawn wrote:

Well you know, one would expect that people who claim to be into death/black metal and post on a forum like this would enjoy the bands that shaped the genre and wrote pages of music history -or at least have some sort of knowledge of what those records represent for metal as a whole. Turns out the fags will get all horny & wet over Balwezo Westijiz Urkraftens Mystik kvlt LP while talking shits of Severed Survival.

What's even more annoying about these 20-something yo little pricks is that they get all upset and whiny when you bash their precious Mutiilation/DTL rubbish but ask for their retarded "Slayer sucks", "Ride the lightning is boring ass thrash" crap to pass unnoticed because "it's just their own opinion".

Come on grandpa, I'm closer to 30 than 20, I do not shit ENTIRELY on Slayer, I like pre-1986 Metallica (should've been Lars, though...) and I like Autopsy. I also haven't heard Balwezo Westjizz nor Drowning The Light.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't pointing my finger at you actually, despite the clear HIV+ nature of your remarks about Slayer.
abysmal.lord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never cared for the Morbid Angel "Abominations of Desolation" and anything after "Altars of Madness". They were a one hit wonder for me. Shame...
eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BreedingtheSpawn wrote:

It's the unintentionally comedic aspect of the thread, really. Laughing
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I really hate is all these youngster brats who go all wild over "Kill 'Em All", "Show no Mercy" and "Iron Maiden". I remember back in the days when Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash and the others first started using electrical guitars.

Albums like Folsom Prison Trues are way superior over all your new age shit clone bands.

Actually, it was Mozarts use of many notes that was the great great great grandfather of Thrash Metal, if you don't like his work MORE then Metallica and Megadeth you have to be deaf (like that Beethoven guy!).
lunaboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think early albums of MARDUK and IMMORTAL are pure crap.
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listed one classic album in this thread and I said I only liked 3 songs on it, I just want to let it be known that I came to my senses and realised I really like that album in it's entirity, in fact I ended up shelling out a lot of money for it a few months ago - the most I've ever spent on a vinyl album. Just saying this to emphasis how opinions change over time.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:
How on earth is Seasons In the Abyss like the Black Album? Metallica ditched all sense of aggression in favor of mid-paced songs and turned into simplistic predictable pop music. About 20 seconds into War Ensemble it's pretty obvious Slayer did not.

Pretty much! Metallica's whole core audience changed with the Black album...Slayer's didn't (even if the addition of 'groove' to songs like Skeletons of Society raised a few eyebrows)
Zone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midgetviolence wrote:
What I really hate is all these youngster brats who go all wild over "Kill 'Em All", "Show no Mercy" and "Iron Maiden". I remember back in the days when Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash and the others first started using electrical guitars.

Albums like Folsom Prison Trues are way superior over all your new age shit clone bands.

Actually, it was Mozarts use of many notes that was the great great great grandfather of Thrash Metal, if you don't like his work MORE then Metallica and Megadeth you have to be deaf (like that Beethoven guy!).

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 36 of 47

Jump to: