P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ANTIFA GO ANTI-METAL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTBRex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

satanic ritual abuse wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
because they are outsiders to this scene.

When you go to the local squad with a Satanic Warmaster shirt, no one will bother you, but a Burzum shirt would be a tough choice. At our local PC-Antifa-Club Negative Approach weren't allowed to play, because they are somehow affiliated to Seth Putnam (I think they played on his wedding or something stupid like that). Toxik Holocaust was vacant too, not because they have a split with Vomitor but for using the word holocaust in their bandname Laughing

Truth be told, if less "wannabe-insiders" would update Metal-Archives with cross-references like "band member XX used to play, under a different alias, in the band YY that recorded an obsure demo ZZ around 88 yrs ago, and this band is said to be into NSBM" as well as with lyrics that were not even printed inside an album (on purpose, most likely), the "Antifa" would know next to nothing about any band like, in this particular case, Spearhead and Kill.
mks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
satanic ritual abuse wrote:
DTBRex wrote:
because they are outsiders to this scene.

When you go to the local squad with a Satanic Warmaster shirt, no one will bother you, but a Burzum shirt would be a tough choice. At our local PC-Antifa-Club Negative Approach weren't allowed to play, because they are somehow affiliated to Seth Putnam (I think they played on his wedding or something stupid like that). Toxik Holocaust was vacant too, not because they have a split with Vomitor but for using the word holocaust in their bandname Laughing

Truth be told, if less "wannabe-insiders" would update Metal-Archives with cross-references like "band member XX used to play, under a different alias, in the band YY that recorded an obsure demo ZZ around 88 yrs ago, and this band is said to be into NSBM" as well as with lyrics that were not even printed inside an album (on purpose, most likely), the "Antifa" would know next to nothing about any band like, in this particular case, Spearhead and Kill.

Could not more agree with you!
It's a shame that so much people try to make their name out of crappy researches about bands and put this on metal-archives or else...
What counts should be the music and not the side-projects the members are involved.
samsquanch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon, if you are in a band called SS Jewslaughter and recorded a demo called 'Things can only get better (when Hitler cums back)', then it is not some goobers fault you get chucked off a fest cos he updated a website.

You wanted a reaction, and now you got one. Don't have a cry about it.
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for reasons unknown, I ended up reading almost the entire archive of http://www.whomakesthenazis.com the other night. Which is a blog existing solely to grind the axe against neofolk/martial acts.

all I can say is that I think anyone who allows subcultural identity issues to become that political is being, as Lenin once said, a "useful idiot".

If you honestly think that the forces behind the "new right" (ie anyone with a hope in hell of getting elected or influencing policy) are interested in fringe subcultures as anything beyond a recruiting ground or a contested space in some sort of Gramsci-esque "war of position", you are deluded. Same goes for the forces of the left. Both will and have trampled over any ideas about the autonomy of art-for-arts-sake given the slightest chance, turning organic communities into grist for the mill of mass-political opportunism. So fuck them. Dont let something WE built be a tool for THEIR agenda. If their is any common platform within the extreme metal underground, It's one of radical disengagement. The "Revolution" is forged by a party of one, YOU. Its what YOU make it, not boneheads on the right or crusties on the left, and most definitely not what men in suits on either side of politics would have you believe.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
Dont let something WE built be a tool for THEIR agenda.

WE? THEY? Confused

Do you seriously believe any "political extremism" has been infused into (Black) Metal by some outside force? With bands and fans being pawns and victims of a third party? That's the most bizarre notion I have heard in a long time, when it comes to the debate over "political extremism" vs. "political correctness" in the (Black) Metal-scene.

"We have met the (Nazi) and he is us."

That's it in a nutshell.
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My position on this is somewhat informed by my involvement in post-industrioal/neofolk/martial, which has a long history of somewhat dubious second-guessing and equivocation on the part of people who were at various points in the past card-carrying members of political organisations. And who I think were manipulated, or at best displayed youthful enthusiasm or ignorance.

I would say, for instance, that there has been a concerted effort on the part of Resistance Records to buy into BM. It didnt work out very well, but it's on the record. You could say the same about Robert Myatt and the ONA as being a front/feeder organisation for (depending who you believe) either C18 or MI6.

Trust me, I'm far from being a dreadlocked Napalm Death fan with all the baggage that goes along with that if that's what you are thinking. My involvement in politics (such as it was) went from Strasser-esque National Anarchism when I was much younger into the "man above the ruins" /3rd-position platform a la Evola when I was older. Both of which would see me pilloried by the people in question here were I to live in Europe and live less of a quiet life than I do.

Ultimately, though, I'm just suspicious of groupthink and mass-movements no matter where they sit on the spectrum.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood what the ANTIFA end game is here, I mean essentially all they're doing is frustrating a handful of bands' ability to play live shows, they're not decreasing their popularity or in any way slowing their musical output. It's not like the shows are symposiums for right extremist views, they're just concerts attended mostly by, arguably, people who themselves have no involvment w/ said views. To me at least, it doesn't seem like they're suppressing anything rather just attacking private business owners through vandalism, threats, etc... I think the onus here is on the business owners/organizers of these kinds of concerts to understand the possiblity of something like this occuring before even setting up the show and plan accordingly (whether that be an agreement not to back out, having a secondary location lined up, etc...).

In reference to the Toxic Holocaust thing, I remember Joel mentioning to me that they had to tour as just Toxic in order to not get kicked off of certain shows in Europe.
lordnausea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had and will have problems with this zombies for my Graveland patch, Bilskirnir patch, Burzum t shirt, shaved head or bomber jacket...

I will never try to justify why im wearing it, it will be my fucking problem if something happens to me but it is someway sad...I mean I dont waste my time fucking anyone because they have rasta hair or Che Guevara, but I Know they will do it to me ....so... If I want or not , im on alert with this people! And I must accept it.

Take a look, this is Spain, Barcelona, antifas attacking a concert bar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm9vMjhqQoc

http://dolorydisciplina.blogspot.com.es/
DTBRex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
I've never understood what the ANTIFA end game is here...

They (always) need (another) Goldstein, plain and simple.

http://youtu.be/w9SlCtIz0j4

Carlzilla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
I've never understood what the ANTIFA end game is here, I mean essentially all they're doing is frustrating a handful of bands' ability to play live shows, they're not decreasing their popularity or in any way slowing their musical output. It's not like the shows are symposiums for right extremist views, they're just concerts attended mostly by, arguably, people who themselves have no involvment w/ said views. To me at least, it doesn't seem like they're suppressing anything rather just attacking private business owners through vandalism, threats, etc... I think the onus here is on the business owners/organizers of these kinds of concerts to understand the possiblity of something like this occuring before even setting up the show and plan accordingly (whether that be an agreement not to back out, having a secondary location lined up, etc...).

This is one of my biggest issue with the entire ANTIFA movement (I have many issues with them). They're not making any progress towards their supposed goal, they're just being bothersome cunts. Unfortunately with the political landscape the way it is currently, it's "morally OK" for them to pull this kind of shit in a lot of people's eyes, even if the tactics are "fairly quesitonable" (or some other limp-dick way of saying you support it but pretend to disapprove of the exact details).

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
MorbidMessiah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordnausea wrote:
I had and will have problems with this zombies for my Graveland patch, Bilskirnir patch, Burzum t shirt, shaved head or bomber jacket...

I will never try to justify why im wearing it, it will be my fucking problem if something happens to me but it is someway sad...I mean I dont waste my time fucking anyone because they have rasta hair or Che Guevara, but I Know they will do it to me ....so... If I want or not , im on alert with this people! And I must accept it.

Take a look, this is Spain, Barcelona, antifas attacking a concert bar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm9vMjhqQoc

Which band was playing there in the video?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: