P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Reverorum Ib Malacht: The first good Christian black metal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Trve Black metal is for none of zee human vraces "
Colonel Wilhelm Klink - (1942)
weaklingone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to say it. 'Urkaos' is one of the greatest black metal albums of all time. Absolutely terrifying in every way.
Wants/Trades: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275935#275935
Good Traders: Golden Bull, Jalmym203, Kakarot SS5 (Sale), Mangled Torsos (Sale), bc, blashyrkh66, Hobophobic (Multiple), dangerass, thevampirictyrant
eighthplague

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weaklingone wrote:
Got to say it. 'Urkaos' is one of the greatest black metal albums of all time. Absolutely terrifying in every way.

It's a really amazing album.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weaklingone wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
weaklingone wrote:
I am hard pressed to believe that Emil is the type who practices the sort of Christianity that is centered on positivist, pro-life values, etc.

Christianity is many things, but pro-life (not the anti abortion term...) is certainly not one of them. Along with Islam, I cannot think of another ideology that works harder to deny life to it's believers than Christianity.

true (I have read Antichrist of course), however I guess I was referring more to how the believers see christianity, and I believe that most see it as positivist and pro-life.

Christians are "Hinterweltler" (german wordplay that is hard to translate, it's a mixture of hillbilly and someone who is behind the world) as Nietzsche calls them, they deny life from the beginning (or a priori, see: the gnostic roots of religion, they hated life in ancient times for a good reason, because they were persecuted for deviant behaviour, so they tried to escape this world of shit). It's part of their slave morality to tell people that they are pro-life, positive thinking etc. (Positivism itself is something completely different, it's a branch of the philosophy of science and rather rationalistic and materialistic), but they came to deny the real virtues of life, because of their resentment.
I remember this nice documentary "Jesus Camp", in one scene you see a christian woman stuck in traffic jam and she says something like: "I can't wait 'til Armageddon, 'til this mess is finally over." That's what the typical christian thinks, they have their apocalypse toolkits ready, unlike life loving, partying metalheads.
weaklingone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

satanic ritual abuse wrote:
weaklingone wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
weaklingone wrote:
I am hard pressed to believe that Emil is the type who practices the sort of Christianity that is centered on positivist, pro-life values, etc.

Christianity is many things, but pro-life (not the anti abortion term...) is certainly not one of them. Along with Islam, I cannot think of another ideology that works harder to deny life to it's believers than Christianity.

true (I have read Antichrist of course), however I guess I was referring more to how the believers see christianity, and I believe that most see it as positivist and pro-life.

Christians are "Hinterweltler" (german wordplay that is hard to translate, it's a mixture of hillbilly and someone who is behind the world) as Nietzsche calls them, they deny life from the beginning (or a priori, see: the gnostic roots of religion, they hated life in ancient times for a good reason, because they were persecuted for deviant behaviour, so they tried to escape this world of shit). It's part of their slave morality to tell people that they are pro-life, positive thinking etc. (Positivism itself is something completely different, it's a branch of the philosophy of science and rather rationalistic and materialistic), but they came to deny the real virtues of life, because of their resentment.
I remember this nice documentary "Jesus Camp", in one scene you see a christian woman stuck in traffic jam and she says something like: "I can't wait 'til Armageddon, 'til this mess is finally over." That's what the typical christian thinks, they have their apocalypse toolkits ready, unlike life loving, partying metalheads.

I have seen 'Jesus Camp,' great movie in a horrible kinda way. I understand what you are saying, but I must say I think Christians are brainwashed into seing their faith as pro-life. I agree that it is anti-life under its facade, but I also don't believe most Christians have the intellect or interest to see what underpins their faith. I am trying to say that there is a big gulf between what Christianity is, and what most Christians see it as. I am not convinced your average Christian is consciously anti-life.
Wants/Trades: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275935#275935
Good Traders: Golden Bull, Jalmym203, Kakarot SS5 (Sale), Mangled Torsos (Sale), bc, blashyrkh66, Hobophobic (Multiple), dangerass, thevampirictyrant
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weaklingone wrote:

I agree that it is anti-life under its facade, but I also don't believe most Christians have the intellect or interest to see what underpins their faith. I am trying to say that there is a big gulf between what Christianity is, and what most Christians see it as. I am not convinced your average Christian is consciously anti-life.

Absolutely, that's what I was getting at as well. They see it as a positive, life affirming belief system, but if one uses their intellect to actually exam their religion, it is the exact opposite on all fronts. And this 'average Christian" (especially the Jesus Camp variety) does not possess the critical thinking capacity to realize this. How can one possibly live this life to the fullest, while maintaining the incredibly vain belief that another, better life is waiting for them when this one ends ?
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weaklingone wrote:
I also don't believe most Christians have the intellect or interest to see what underpins their faith. I am trying to say that there is a big gulf between what Christianity is, and what most Christians see it as. I am not convinced your average Christian is consciously anti-life.

You're probably right, it's just a routine to be christian nowadays; tradition, faith, so called values, xmas fun and pro life bullshit. But bigotry was there from the start. It's interesting to look at old catholic regions, they sometimes have this painful parades with tears & blood all over the place, but they have carnival & fasching as well.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is the only christian band that is accepted by almost all NWN users?Smile Damn I didn't see this thread before:/
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
So this is the only christian band that is accepted by almost all NWN users?Smile Damn I didn't see this thread before:/

Did you see one of the other multiple current threads about them before you raised another one from the dead? Wink
lifeless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know if the tape, cd and vinyl have the same songs or are they different?
Greuel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeless wrote:
anyone know if the tape, cd and vinyl have the same songs or are they different?

are you blind or retarded? Laughing
lifeless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any distros in europe carrying the tape version? thanks
Attic Snake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relapse tried to pawn some White Metal off to me once when I got scammed in one of their 30 cds for $30 bullshit. All it was, was a bunch of demos they were sent padded with a few of their deadstock releases. Went straight to Amoeba and traded them for some real Metal on vinyl.

Will never listen to any music labeled as xtian.

"Boss Metalzone sucks dicks. It makes femmy noises and it sounds like a weak nerd with glasses limping to the pharmacy to buy allergy pills."
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeless wrote:
any distros in europe carrying the tape version? thanks

Laughing
Ihslahm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty decent stuff, but I still prefer old Trouble.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: