P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Besieged (Canadian death/thrash) - LPs in stock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalecooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Besieged (Canadian death/thrash) - LPs in stock Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyezfvY8xcg

If you like "Beneath the Remains" or Demolition Hammer or any thrash that is fast and heavy as fuck, listen to that.

Reissue of the CD available now and shipping from Dark Descent, or you can get it from me on eBay.

LP coming this fall as a co-release of Unspeakable Axe and War On Music. The band is also working on new material for a follow-up - speculating on recording in fall, but that might be overzealous.

Last edited by dalecooper on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:25 am; edited 5 times in total
God Slayer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find. This is awesome.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This track is really good too, some great riffs in the beginning, and they actually slow down (sort of) for the verses. The songwriting is far better than most retro thrash bands, not just your usual super simple verse/chorus, 3-minute shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMsVdbXJuA8
the wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this band very BTR indeed ! Good stuff .
Tyrone Slothrop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Total early late 80s/early 90s feel, done really well.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slays!
dalecooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently they're back together and recording a new album this year. Twisted Evil
Shiru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Besieged (Canada) - how did these guys never find a labe Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFLjwUe32Is

I mean damn, if you like "Beneath the Remains" or just thrash that is fast as fuck, listen to that. They got Repka to paint the cover and still ended up self-releasing it on pro CD-R only. Their 2-song demo was killer too. I just don't think they ever promoted themselves very well. I was talking to the drummer and he says they may get back together, and have some new material written already; I'd love to see them get signed and release some stuff to a wider audience.

hmm actually sounds really great... maybe, the was suppoused to get too much from deal, or just didnt really tryed... or label releases schedules was too tight(this thing appeared though only lately i guess)
Strigoi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, 90% of currrent labels just want bands of Rock Magazines and those who play in big festivals. They pathetically don't care about musical strength and devotion of true underground bands.
Shiru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strigoi wrote:
Unfortunately, 90% of currrent labels just want bands of Rock Magazines and those who play in big festivals. They pathetically don't care about musical strength and devotion of true underground bands.
I guess reality is kinda opposite... what you says maybe was 10-12 years ago or something
Strigoi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Shiru"][quote="Strigoi"]Unfortunately, 90% of currrent labels just want bands of Rock Magazines and those who play in big festivals. They pathetically don't care about musical strength and devotion of true underground bands.[/quote]I guess reality is kinda opposite... what you says maybe was 10-12 years ago or something[/quote]

I play in some bands and know the reality very well. If you're out of that-so- called "metal media" you'll be oddly boycotted. So, a lot of good underground bands don't find a decent label.
Shiru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strigoi wrote:
I play in some bands and know the reality very well. If you're out of that-so- called "metal media" you'll be oddly boycotted. So, a lot of good underground bands don't find a decent label.

Hmm , i guess there every 5th person involved on this forum involved in some kind of band.... and nope it is possible to get deal those days, even more it is much more easier with more underground stuff that with more mainstream thing Wink and beside that there UG scene is growing, while mainstream more or less going down... there is tons of details and many ifs and buts, but... and yep i can believe that you can have problems with playing something really non strandart and untypical, but usually black death or thrash metal doesnt fit to this category Laughing
Strigoi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Shiru"][quote="Strigoi"]I play in some bands and know the reality very well. If you're out of that-so- called "metal media" you'll be oddly boycotted. So, a lot of good underground bands don't find a decent label.[/quote]
Hmm , i guess there every 5th person involved on this forum involved in some kind of band.... and nope it is possible to get deal those days, even more it is much more easier with more underground stuff that with more mainstream thing Wink and beside that there UG scene is growing, while mainstream more or less going down... there is tons of details and many ifs and buts, but... and yep i can believe that you can have problems with playing something really non strandart and untypical, but usually black death or thrash metal doesnt fit to this category Laughing[/quote]

Hehe, this UG scene you mean is not so UG as before.Smile
The most of these hundred of thousands pseudo UG bands and labels today are purely despicable! This kind of UG is unnecessary to me.
I just think this Besieged and other bands could have a better chance in a proper label. However as i said they're not that band of Metal Media to get more attention. Even small independent labels look for such bands. Perhaps you understood me now. Period!
Gram

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

played with these guys a few years ago and they ruled. total sepultura worship in the best way
dalecooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gram wrote:
played with these guys a few years ago and they ruled. total sepultura worship in the best way

Yep, definitely. I hope they find somebody to do their new album and reissue the first one. Xtreem or somebody like that might be a good fit, I know they've done some throwback thrash releases in the last couple of years.

Or hell, how about Cogumelo. Laughing Seems fitting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: