P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bands everyone else seems to know but you
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john matrix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sepultura
Dusted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont have to be around when those bands were around to "get it"

it just might take a little longer. The longer your in the game the further back you go.
veadtuck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, you guys are right. I have no excuse especially to not hear a band like autopsy since Iím from the bay area. The other oneís that I havenít heard maybe itís because they (besides obituary) are from other countries. I think thereís plenty of great American dm bands and I never felt like I had to seek out bands from other places. Kinda like someone on here mentioned theyíve never heard Incantation or Immolation. Which I thought was crazy until I read their location is somewhere in Europe it made sense. Iím sure someone from Europe wouldnít feel itís necessary to check out American bm (especially) or dm (to a lesser extent). I also think age is a big factor why some people havenít heard these classics yet, some like myself even though im no spring chicken (born in the early 80ís) werenít old enough to appreciate them in the years they first came out, but location could be another reason. I need to check out Sodom also because theyíve influenced so many of my favorite bands.
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Crepulsculo Negro bands. I'm proud to say that I've never listened to anything associated with that bullshit.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusted wrote:

it just might take a little longer. The longer your in the game the further back you go.

Exclamation
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrucifixionWounds wrote:
Those Crepulsculo Negro bands. I'm proud to say that I've never listened to anything associated with that bullshit.

Something we both can agree on
N.W.D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrucifixionWounds wrote:

xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
veadtuck wrote:
sodom

Sorry, but how is it possible NOT to heard at least some SODOM if you're into Extreme Metal? Only people that live under a rock below the ocean or are not older than 12 years, maybe. Those are plain basics, at least to me.

Well, I can vouch that veadtuck is neither a 12 year old nor an ocean dweller. Sometimes you just miss certain stuff.

That said, next time we hang out he's listening to Obsessed By Cruelty, no question.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
pentfixion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:

mostly ok stuff

arizmenda, dolorvotre, absum and odz manouk are the only CN/Rhinocervs related bands that have kept my attention.
john matrix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pentfixion wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
CrucifixionWounds wrote:

mostly ok stuff

arizmenda, dolorvotre, absum and odz manouk are the only CN/Rhinocervs related bands that have kept my attention.

Arizmenda is tits. The rest is pretty cool for the most part. It's a shame that people are too turned off by all the drama to check out the music, but I can't really blame them.
the coming of blood angel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one should have opinions except me.
vansinne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiss. Familiar with the hits and saw them on the Psycho Circus tour but never heard a complete album.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusted wrote:

+1, some people on here are going to pass out because someone has not listened to certain bands. Laughing

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not a lot of classic bands i have not listened to, especially in metal. The ones off the top of my head is stuff like Acid Bath, Paradise Lost, a lot of the doom/sludge/stoner scenes that isn't a big name already (working on this these days) but i still can go through my old cd-rs and download folders and find stuff i don't remember what it sounds like. For this reason i don't download as much and prefer to get physical copies of albums. Anything i own physically i mostly know or will play more frequently and become familiar enough with.

On that note i also don't know many bands from the past year or so that have come out with debuts, and demos. I simply haven't been able to afford as many new albums and for metal haven't got more than 20 records a year the past couple years, which i save for picking up the occasional classic, reissue i must have, or a new release from bands i currently follow.
Kellicos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of tons. For whatever reason, !T.O.O.H! sticks out in my head right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: