P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bands everyone else seems to know but you
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every band surrounding / involved with LLN...

never cared for that...
rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urfaust. Was too busy with LLN stuff. Laughing
bigcartel
youtube
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxx wrote:

never cared for that...

That's interesting, because "Geist ist Teufel" has a similar atmosphere. Check out Amaka Hahina. When listening to them, they evoke the same feelings in me as early Urfaust material does.
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:

I've never understood how so many people here seem to have listened to every single metal release since 1983.

Completely agreed. I think words like "classic", "mandatory", "amazing" and other hyperbole are thrown around way too much here. I haven't heard lots of the bands mentioned here, like Swans or Nirvana 2002 for example. Some day I might. Or maybe not. But at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. I have hundreds of albums here and I can just put on one of them! Do I want to look back on my life and see someone who lost sleep over whether they were considered a poser for listening/not listening to a certain band? That would just make me feel really really pathetic.

In any case, I've never listened to Proclamation or Teitanblood.
xxx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
xxx wrote:

never cared for that...

That's interesting, because "Geist ist Teufel" has a similar atmosphere. Check out Amaka Hahina. When listening to them, they evoke the same feelings in me as early Urfaust material does.

ok, i will check..

never bothered / cared to check out LLN and all the stuff, since most of the stuff I heard at friends places sounded terrible...

but that was many years ago, so who knows... Smile
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone has his own classic and mandatory albums. What i consider classic may not be so for others. Same goes for mandatory. As you said, it should matter what is classic in YOUR life and mandatory in YOUR opinion.

Otherwise it would be really sad if you could order "zhe classic [whatever]metal package", pay for it and everyone would get the same classics.
Like in a pig breeding facility when dinner comes ...
rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:

You haven't lost anything. The whole sub-genre except Blasphemy, (early) Beherit and (early) Archgoat (and very few less obvious names) is a generic bunch of useless garbage music-wise in my holy opinion. Wink
bigcartel
youtube
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
I think everyone has his own classic and mandatory albums. What i consider classic may not be so for others. Same goes for mandatory. As you said, it should matter what is classic in YOUR life and mandatory in YOUR opinion

Fuck NO. Opinions are irrelevant when it comes to art. Gold is gold, shit is shit, a classic album is a classic album and if you can't get the magic of Left Hand Path, Maiden or Hell Awaits you might as well gtfo back to MA. You 15yo posers should stop blaming others for your lack of taste in metal. Sell your revered copy of Lords of Chaos, buy British Steel and listen to it 24/7 for one week, if you still don't like it join the local rave or something.

This thread looks like a remix of this poserfest: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28159&highlight=classic+albums
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rthdx wrote:
Piotr Sargnagel wrote:

You haven't lost anything. The whole sub-genre except Blasphemy, (early) Beherit and (early) Archgoat (and very few less obvious names) is a generic bunch of useless garbage music-wise in my holy opinion. Wink

This man speaks truth.
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Mr_Belvedere wrote:
I think everyone has his own classic and mandatory albums. What i consider classic may not be so for others. Same goes for mandatory. As you said, it should matter what is classic in YOUR life and mandatory in YOUR opinion

Fuck NO. Opinions are irrelevant when it comes to art. Gold is gold, shit is shit, a classic album is a classic album and if you can't get the magic of Left Hand Path, Maiden or Hell Awaits you might as well gtfo back to MA. You 15yo posers should stop blaming others for your lack of taste in metal. Sell your revered copy of Lords of Chaos, buy British Steel and listen to it 24/7 for one week, if you still don't like it join the local rave or something.

This thread looks like a remix of this poserfest: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28159&highlight=classic+albums

It's so cool that you always make me younger. Evaldo, you are the anti age cream of the internet. Laughing Re-read your post, you are quite a conformist, though you blame underground black metal fans to be like that you are nothing different than them.

If this what you wrote is really your opinion then you are the worst poser here. Come on, either one likes a certain band or one does not, but just liking it because it is considered as a classic by everyone else, or even worse forcing oneself to like it "listen to it over a week" is nothing but lame.

I buy and listen to music i like. Nothing against any genre, but is it really that simple just to listen to the "right" records to be part of the club? Wohl kaum ...
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
It's so cool that you always make me bla blahh *follows gibberish*

If you claim to like art and dislike Leonardo's Monna Lisa or Michelangelo's David you're a moron who understands nothing of art.
If you claim to like metal and dislike early Slayer or Maiden you're a moron who understands nothing of metal.

I'm saying it again, people younger than 30 (40 in Wilhelm's case) shouldn't be allowed to express "opinions" about metal music.
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Even though most (if not all) of the best Metal albums were created by people in their teens/early twenties?
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Mr_Belvedere wrote:
It's so cool that you always make me bla blahh *follows gibberish*

If you claim to like art and dislike Leonardo's Monna Lisa or Michelangelo's David you're a moron who understands nothing of art.
If you claim to like metal and dislike early Slayer or Maiden you're a moron who understands nothing of metal.

I'm saying it again, people younger than 30 (40 in Wilhelm's case) shouldn't be allowed to express "opinions" about metal music.

Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Made my day !
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Even though most (if not all) of the best Metal albums were created by people in their teens/early twenties?

Yeah Very Happy A 16yo old Quorthon was obviously smarter than an average 16yo NWN poster.
the wizard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i skipped too many bands to mention them, name sounds familiar but i havent really listened to them .
I tend more to check out the bands i've missed and also few actual ones .
Thus said i prefer the basis, i mean bands that gave a genre its name be it heavy, death, black, thrash and so on .
For instance in 92' i wasn't into bm because i was skateboarding a lot and also listening to Napalm Death and other life metal bands Laughing and Fenriz said clearly that this music wasn't for guys like me, when i stopped, i checked them all, i heard Thorns for the 1st time last year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: