P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Resources thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilhelm wrote:
Stormspell wrote:
2). Assemble as many J-cards you can fit on 11x17, go to your local Kinkos, print as many sheets as you need, then get an exacto knife and cut them off yourself.

THIS.

But don't use an exacto knife, use one of these :

probably the best $25 I've spent in a while! I finally broke down and purchased one of these earlier this year. no more trimming covers by hand (SLOW and tedious) and no more ugly crooked lines or misshapen covers
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone has a link to a US company selling solid black polylined LP sleeves, this would be highly appreciated. of the companies I typically order supplies from, nobody carries this particular sleeve
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for a place in the USA that does high quality hard back books of various sizes in low runs (as few as, say, 10 or something).

Go brush your doll's hair.
avrlabel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any place in Europe where I can order some lithography, woodcuts, silkscreen prints to be done?
Of course, i need places that ship internationally..
Thanks in advance...
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of followup on my post about US pressing plants from July:

I just found a good source for polylined innersleeves (don't want to use the crummy ones sold by Bags Unlimited) and inadvertantly discovered that the seller is also the head of Furnace Mfg in Fairfax, VA.

They seem to be a good source for vinyl mfg (and it seems a wide variety of other replication services, contact them for details if you like).
I do not know the extent of what they do in house (again, ask them), but the lp pressing plants they work with are in the Netherlands and Germany. I sent a few matrix codes over to Eric, the head of the business, to see if he could ID them as being made at one of the places they use. The best sounding lp of the 2 (Obsessed, Live Music Hall Köln December 29th 1992 on Roadburn) was made at one of the factories they use.

I never asked their prices since I'm no longer running a label but this is a possible alternative mfg source. Seems they have been around for 16 years, a good sign.

Usually when I order things online my main criteria beyond the price is friendly response and I got both here.

www.furnacemfg.com 
vinyl@furnacemfg.com
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomedplanet wrote:
A bit of followup on my post about US pressing plants from July:

I just found a good source for polylined innersleeves (don't want to use the crummy ones sold by Bags Unlimited) and inadvertantly discovered that the seller is also the head of Furnace Mfg in Fairfax, VA.

They seem to be a good source for vinyl mfg (and it seems a wide variety of other replication services, contact them for details if you like).
I do not know the extent of what they do in house (again, ask them), but the lp pressing plants they work with are in the Netherlands and Germany. I sent a few matrix codes over to Eric, the head of the business, to see if he could ID them as being made at one of the places they use. The best sounding lp of the 2 (Obsessed, Live Music Hall Köln December 29th 1992 on Roadburn) was made at one of the factories they use.

I never asked their prices since I'm no longer running a label but this is a possible alternative mfg source. Seems they have been around for 16 years, a good sign.

Usually when I order things online my main criteria beyond the price is friendly response and I got both here.

www.furnacemfg.com 
vinyl@furnacemfg.com

Their prices are fucking horrendous. No idea how their quality stacks up though.
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, on second thought the prices are fair I guess. Has anyone here used them and can vouch for the quality?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rorschach DLP was pressed through Furnace and it sounded really good. Much better than the shitty CD compilation from the 90's.

Web: nwnprod.com

GHOAT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can vouch for Furnace, I've done several CD layouts that were pressed there and they all came out nice. Razorback has been using them for years for CDs.
flo/thrash attack zine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my local print shop has been ridicolously incompetent, so i need a quick (!) and not too expensive place to print decent tape inlays with three flaps in germany/europe.
only the inlays, so brutallica are out of the picture, they are way too expensive for that.
thanks!
TarMorion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for LP box album protective sleeves, preferably with (resealable) flap. Does anybody know where I can possibly find those? Recently spotted some sleeves on bagunlimited.com but they are way to small for bigger sets...
Hřrus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid question n°12 : is it still possible to press 16 rpm vinyl ?
2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
Chuck W.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for artists for hire to do artwork for my black death metal band. We already have two artists working on art (Angie Decay & Bartłomiej Kurzok) but need more artwork always. We're planning a demo then two spits in the future and hope to get out there and play tons of shows, since we have nothing recorded I see no point in saying the band name honestly.

Just throwing this out, any names would help. Putrid & Mark Riddick are booked into infinity and we're a no name band, so please, just don't (this seems to be every persons, even other artists suggestions every time I ask on the internet)! Also I know this is my first post, I didn't just come in randomly to this board, I've been a lurker for a few years sporadically with no username and am a big fan of the label.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TarMorion wrote:
I'm looking for LP box album protective sleeves, preferably with (resealable) flap. Does anybody know where I can possibly find those? Recently spotted some sleeves on bagunlimited.com but they are way to small for bigger sets...

I've never seen resealable ones personally, however I have some of these and they work okay for 3-4 LP sets depending on the cover. the disembowlement box set fits in this for example...

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/ultimate-outer-2-5-pack-of-50-p/9350.htm

warning though, their shipping rates are a little high
Guido

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any place in Europe for low print (100 copies) for 12" sleeves/cover? Thanks in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 40 of 48

Jump to: