P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Has collecting music lost its lustre for you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mz412

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He surely has only the Covers framed, otherwise it would damage the Vinyl Wink

The Problem is the Metal Culture, everytime you were told that you should collect Vinyl with some different Reasons, but all Focus on "being cool". This Forum is nothing different. How often is Vinyl praised as "Cvlt" and this and that Band a "Must Have" on Vinyl. Alone these Cult Blabla Worship Threads are a Pain in the Ass. You must hear this and you must cvlt that, your Penis will be Enlarge if you have all First Press Benediction Lps or Sabbat Die Hards, you are a retarded Idiot if you don't hear this Gay Band or that Crappy Looser Music and so on. Limited Editions are a Must Have. Its enought to own it, you must'n listen to it and it will lower the CULT Status if it is used and not absolute Cvlt Mint. And it will lower the Price, when you wanna sell it, since most of the buyers even don't like the music from the start, buying it cause of Cvlt, so making easy Money is great. I think this Price raising starts when the Extreme Metal Scenes where integrated in the Normal Metal Scene, there it was totaly normal to overpay Shit with Silly Prices and follow the Order of a Scene Guru Complex. When Death or Black Metal where no Part of the Normal Metal Scene, nobody gave a Fuck about this Shit.
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still its somehow good that metalheads are quite materialists. In other genres there is huge problem when no one buys cd's nor lp's and labels start to fall. Every label owner knows how hard times are thesedays but think how low sales are in many other pop-cultures.

I know many youngsters who havent ever bought one single record, still they listen musick 24/7 from their mp3-players.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germaniac wrote:
You make a lot of assumptions on a picture alone, where does it say he has the LPs themselves framed and not only the covers? And when you look closer the artwork on the walls seem a lot bigger than the LPs on the shelf below them so probably they are just prints. And maybe he's a huge Sabbat fan proud of his collection and likes to show it off, big deal. I can never understand why people are so concerned over what others do with their lives, hobbies etc. Oh well...

Having dealt with that turd once and having seen what kind of retarded "I have it, you don't" mongoloid piece of shit he is, I can say my assumptions are perfectly accurate. He's by far the worst money-luring k.ike I've ever had the chance to interact with (not surprising at all considering the land he comes from).
captainretardo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you have a picture of someone you've "dealt with once," and who lives in a foreign country?
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on his site.
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it seems some say it's technology, some say it's age, some say it's the over saturation of the market with "intentional collectibles".... I think these are all valid points really.

I think that all of these apply to why it has 'changed' for me, but to get back to the original question, for me personally the bottom line is that: I still enjoy collecting records. I'm still a fan of the music that I have been for close to 40 years now, and I like the pieces of plastic that have the music pressed into them!

Thanks to the original poster for a good topic, and the discussion it brought up!
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mz412 wrote:
your Penis will be Enlarge if you have all First Press Benediction Lps or Sabbat Die Hards

Shocked
Wolfsturm888

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:
Why do you have a picture of someone you've "dealt with once," and who lives in a foreign country?

This guy is "germanophobe", maybe he was molested by some german grandpa in his childhood or whatsever... Strangely he knows more about german people like anyone else and has a lot of contact with. Rolling Eyes
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outlaw-recordings wrote:

Thanks to the original poster for a good topic, and the discussion it brought up!

Absolutely - excellent topic.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh no
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mz412 wrote:
The Problem is the Metal Culture, everytime you were told that you should collect Vinyl with some different Reasons, but all Focus on "being cool".

Where focusing on quality of music would be a lot easier.

doomedplanet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomerology, I've collected metal in various formats since the early-mid 80's.
hell no, metal records are the best, always have been and always will be. Just opened a parcel today with the Black Task 'Spikes to the Wall' lp and that same old feeling happened, couldn't wait to get it on the table and crank the fucker up. to quote a song 'For us the metal is enough'...

ask outlaw-recordings, today he had a look over my wantslist. He said 'Yeah it did give me a slight headache!'. It is filled with records I'm searching for that you cannot just get with the click of a button. Sure there are some items on there that I could shell out big bucks and buy, mostly those are rarities everyone knows and supply is very low. But the rest is just tough to find stuff no matter the price. Surely some of the records are only going to cost ~$10 if and when they might turn up someday, but I know I'll never have them all, I'm resigned to this...
Exitium

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collecting music is still an important thing for me. Music IS its format for me, so I want to know that what I am listening to, am experiencing and am immersing myself into is tangible in some physical form. Experimenting with different and original packaging formats is also something that I wish would be maintained; I'd like the music I listen to to be a complete whole. CDRs and Mp3s are not that.

Blutkvlt wrote:
Wear your cunted out black metal shirts while practicing occult rituals like burning sage and posting quotes from Aleister Crowley on facebook.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomedplanet wrote:
I know I'll never have them all, I'm resigned to this...

This could potentially open a new chapter in the debate. How far does our collecting mania go? I'll try to put it down in simple words: when I started "collecting" (not the right word as I don't consider myself a collector but you know what I mean) metal back in the late '80ies/early '90ies I decided to mainly focus on one genre -bm that is- as I felt that was enough for my finances at the time. Years later (late '90ies) after having acquired pretty much all the classic albums of the genre I thought to move a step forward and start filling the holes in the death metal department, as I had always been a huge dm fan and found myself listening to that genre more and more. In all honesty I thought that would be end of it for me, but I was deadly wrong: my dm collection is now more or less complete and I started looking for some of the classic heavy metal albums I was forced to miss back in the day. Late Manowar/Maiden, modern day Helloween, late Dio etc. What will be next? I'm already considering starting adding old Metallica/Maiden boots once the search for HM has come to an end. Underground Thrash might come after that! Very Happy

Bottom line is, do you guys think you'll ever come to a point where you'll feel like your collection is finally complete and there's no need to keep adding stuff? Or is our mission to erase items from our want lists virtually hopeless and bound to be our lifetime companion?
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My collection will never be complete, but I know it's an impossible task from the get-go. Part of the fun is slowly finding out which stuff you will actually acquire as time goes on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: