P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Dissection "The Grief Prophecy" demo tape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rauta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Dissection "The Grief Prophecy" demo tape Reply with quote

Been trying to score an original copy of this for quite a while and I suspect your regular xerox layout dubs are relatively widely onavailable the market these days. I wonder if anyone could post detailed pics of an original copy for comparison?

Furthermore, what do you think of this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DISSECTION-The-Grief-Prophecy-DEMO91-Marduk_W0QQitemZ320296699578QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320296699578&_trkparms=72%3A1163|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

From what I can remember I've seen copies with higher quality layouts, which leads me to the assumption that this is a bootleg copy.
CR99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a picture of the tape itself at least.

Also xerox + regular tape is seldom a sure buy at ebay, especially with cash ins like Dissection
Albin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll give you all informations and pictures in 5 hours .
this tape on ebay is a bootleg by the way .
Albin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well .....

The grief prophecy demo tape looks like this :

As you can see , the cover is pretty detailed and one can see everything , not like a shitty xeroxed copy ( like the one one ebay ) . It's printed on a classic paper , but in the early 90's the paper wasn't as shitty as now .

on this second picture you can see that the artwork is way superior than the one on Ebay .

Also why didn't he show us the whole booklet and the tape ?
In my opinion this ebay auction is just a copy . The guy probably had the sound on the Night's blood bootleg cd and have xerox the cover , maybe it's not even the complete cover / inlay .

The tape was limited to 300 , and the guy says it's limited to 666 .
anotherdeadhero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought that demo when it came out straight from Jon, and the tape I got did not look like that. It was a "classic" cassette that most of the bands used in the early 90ies. Those transparent ones. It was bootleged in the mid 90ies as well.
rauta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info everyone.

anotherdeadhero wrote:
I bought that demo when it came out straight from Jon, and the tape I got did not look like that. It was a "classic" cassette that most of the bands used in the early 90ies. Those transparent ones. It was bootleged in the mid 90ies as well.

Would you mind posting pics of yours? Furthermore, I could use a good quality xerox + dub copy as well. If you could arrange something I would gladly compensate for your trouble (or for anyone else who is 100% sure they have an original copy).
anotherdeadhero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
Thanks for the info everyone.

anotherdeadhero wrote:

Would you mind posting pics of yours? Furthermore, I could use a good quality xerox + dub copy as well. If you could arrange something I would gladly compensate for your trouble (or for anyone else who is 100% sure they have an original copy).

Sorry. I sold/threw away all of my demos years ago.
Albin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anotherdeadhero wrote:

peoples in the early 90's used to copy their demo on a lot of different tapes . Old transparent with nothing on it , tape like above in my previous post , black tape , old tdk .... My emperor demo is an old sony tape .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: