P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

out on vinyl: ACHERON "Rites..", "Lex.."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
passetiermes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turbo version of Rites of the Black Mass is hard to come by and too expensive, so this is good news. Prayer Of Hell is what I have in mind for the talented artist in question.
TheBlackVomit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible artwork. What a shame....
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hails for Crowley for using the artwork that he personally liked and not doing what every other does; "pleasing the fans/masses".

If he wanted to use those artworks and especially if they are done by someone who is close to him, they most likely present his vision of those records better than previosu ones. Dont know who have done the covers of previous pressings, but they might be done by some "outsider" who doesent have anything related to band. Maybe Crowley ordered the artworks from some "freelancer artist" and when he got them, he wasnt fully pleased how they presented the release. Maybe he did those himself and wasnt pleased after some years. Now he had time to correct that.

Ok, I admit that those new artworks look.. hmmm... lets say, different. But its artists decision and he thinks they present the releases better. No other can know whatkind visions Crowley wanted to present with his musick & artworks. Maybe we all just got used to wrong looking covers.

Main thing is that I hate when everytime this happens, people who doesent have anything to do with band, start whining and crying.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
Hails for Crowley for using the artwork that he personally liked and not doing what every other does; "pleasing the fans/masses".

This is worse than pleasing fans/masses... the artwork used was done to please a girlfriend apparently if a previous comment is correct. Laughing

Never mix business with family, like selling a vehicle to your brother in law etc etc... you only open the door to headache.
Like using artwork cause your girlfriend considers herself a painter?... that neon color looking flash art does not look like something I would relate to the music contained within, in fact if not being familar with the band name already had I seen that art on the shelf I would never even lift the album off it.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:

This is worse than pleasing fans/masses... the artwork used was done to please a girlfriend apparently if a previous comment is correct. Laughing

Never mix business with family, like selling a vehicle to your brother in law etc etc... you only open the door to headache.
Like using artwork cause your girlfriend considers herself a painter?... that neon color looking flash art does not look like something I would relate to the music contained within, in fact if not being familar with the band name already had I seen that art on the shelf I would never even lift the album off it.

Seconded.
Inverto Crosso

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
Dont know who have done the covers of previous pressings, but they might be done by some "outsider" who doesent have anything related to band. Maybe Crowley ordered the artworks from some "freelancer artist" and when he got them, he wasnt fully pleased how they presented the release. Maybe he did those himself and wasnt pleased after some years. Now he had time to correct that.

Original cover paintings were done by Rex Church, most likely Crowley knew him through Church of Satan. Apart from the fact that Rex Church's art was heavily influenced by H.R. Giger, the old covers still are much more fitting for the music of Acheron.
Stygian Shadows 'zine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I also don't like the artwork for these re-issues, I'm happy to buy soon both and add them to my collection!
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a couple pot leafs on there and those covers could be for the Kottonmouth Kings or something like that. Oh well, if that's what the artist wants then not much can be done about it I guess. More bummed that there wont be a black vinyl option honestly.
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:

This.
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
I'm a whiny crygirl

Edited for accuracy.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:
Put a couple pot leafs on there and those covers could be for the Kottonmouth Kings or something like that.

Sums it up perfectly.

While we are at it, any tentative release date for the 2nd Necromass album?
galgenstrang

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
While we are at it, any tentative release date for the 2nd Necromass album?

First half of 2013!
MassDoomFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:
Put a couple pot leafs on there and those covers could be for the Kottonmouth Kings or something like that. Oh well, if that's what the artist wants then not much can be done about it I guess. More bummed that there wont be a black vinyl option honestly.
haha - u are spot on
torchure

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone bought that LPs?
maniact666

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. Cover looks good (RotBM) Sound also but a Mistake on the Spine of the Covers. "Lex Talionis" instead of "Rites of the Black Mass" written there... hm.. The Label will not change this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: