P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MONUMENTUM - question about release
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sztorm75

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

throneofmight wrote:
Thanks a lot for the interesting offering mate but I'm more inclined to prostitute myself for a mint copy of 'In Absentia Christi' on LP only or at least a copy of the CD re-press (http://www.myspace.com/monumentum see discography) that was done by the band few years ago Shocked .....99 copies of that is plain stupid...maybe they can spend less on drugs and invest on a bigger re-press Cool

I got that release as well and it happen to be pro-printed CD-R with many postcards. It's OK when you don't possess the original.
destructSEAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have the In Absentia Christi LP a while back, but unfortunately I sold it shortly before moving to Europe, from what I can remember.

I've also got that Rotting Christ / Monumentum split pic 12" too, but funny enough, I don't recall ever listening to it!!! Wink
passetiermes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for this thread in the same way that Monumentum seems to be waking up from the slumber.

Monumentum was supposed to appear on a split with Alternative 4, with a new song called The River. But then
Quote:
At the moment being the split 7″ project was put under ice. First for the unexpected delay to finalise the MMM song, and then for other reasons that might become public soon we preferred to hold this on. Nevertheless, the project at least in its basic idea is not (and will not be) cancelled and you will receive precise news soon.

http://www.avantgardemusic.com/wordpress/?p=1396
Somberlain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood and Thunder wrote:
totaldarkness wrote:
Blood and Thunder wrote:
The only 12" I know of is the 'In Absentia Christi' which was released by Misanthropy Records.

There was also the Rotting Christ/Monumentum split 7". From that era (ie the 90's he he) they were the only vinyl releases I was/am aware of.

I know Avantgarde Music re-released this Split 7"EP as a Picture disc 12" back in 1995. I think that one is very rare. I had in back in the 90's, I regret I parted ways with it. The Monumentum-side of the 7"EP had two tracks from their demo, I don't know if this 12" had bonustracks from both bands. The Monumentum demo is anyway killer and a personal fave.

Wow, I have never seen or heard of that split 12". Has anyone got any pix?

I did have a copy of the RC/Monumentum 7" but the RC cover was missing so I sold it... it came as a 2 piece cover for some odd reason.

I can definitely say that AJNA never released any Monumentum vinyl. I should dig up that issue of Descent and see if it jogs any memories of somethign they were going to do...

Here is a photo of it (the picture far up) from on old photo of my R.C collection

No extra songs on this release. Its single sided
insulter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've the pic 12" RC/Monumentum, I will check but 99% is Obscure Plasma release
passetiermes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the previously mentioned split got scrapped, but a new one is coming;

Quote:
SHINING TO RELEASE SPLIT 7" WITH MONUMENTUM

Shining will team up with Monumentum for a very special 7” split between your beloved death-squadron and the Italian legends.
On the split both bands deliver never-before-released material: the split'll include Shining’s bleak vision of an old Bay Laurel song and Monumentum's interpretation of PJ Harvey's dusky classic "The River".
The EP will be strictly limited to three hundreds copies and will be available from the Shining Legions store.
Pre-orders for the EP will start soon, with an expected release date in early November.

I'm not a fan of Shining, cover versions or 7'eps, but I do like PJ Harvey, Is This Desire? and Monumentum's rendition of Fade To Grey.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there two different vinyl colors for RC dawn of 7"? I've only seen one.

What is that test press LP of?

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Somberlain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Are there two different vinyl colors for RC dawn of 7"? I've only seen one.

What is that test press LP of?

Ah sorry for the confusion both Dawn ep's are exactly the same. On my original post i stated that one its up for trade (thats why i took a photo of both of them).
The test press is Non Serviam from Unisound records. I also have Eosforos on test press, both came with covers without the promotional stickers on them.
Bought them from Unisound records way back. Actually they didnt remember if they had any copies left so i had to dig through their storage room and I found those
Rottendlijk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Absentia Christi is a brilliant release! Got the CD and a dark blue t-shirt with a pink Jesus on it (sounds more ugly than it actually is ;D) and that shirt got me a lot of compliments when I wore it at Roadburn 2011.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The test press is Non Serviam from Unisound records. I also have Eosforos on test press, both came with covers without the promotional stickers on them.
Bought them from Unisound records way back. Actually they didnt remember if they had any copies left so i had to dig through their storage room and I found those

That's pretty amazing. Let me know if you decide to sell or trade them.

passetiermes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neseblod is occasionally selling Unisound test pressings. Test pressing of the Necromass album has been sitting on their shelves forever. Some years ago quite a few Unisound test pressings were sold in ebay, prices were not that high.
@Somberlain; are you missing the second press of Passage To Arcturo? I remember seeing one a while ago.
about the split ep; here's the cover.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Mortuary Drape test press on ebay.

Somberlain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I bought the Mortuary Drape test press on ebay.

Nice one! I was also looking at the auction but as expected it turned out too high for me right now
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Seems like the previously mentioned split got scrapped, but a new one is coming;

Quote:
SHINING TO RELEASE SPLIT 7" WITH MONUMENTUM

Shining will team up with Monumentum for a very special 7” split between your beloved death-squadron and the Italian legends.
On the split both bands deliver never-before-released material: the split'll include Shining’s bleak vision of an old Bay Laurel song and Monumentum's interpretation of PJ Harvey's dusky classic "The River".
The EP will be strictly limited to three hundreds copies and will be available from the Shining Legions store.
Pre-orders for the EP will start soon, with an expected release date in early November.

I'm not a fan of Shining, cover versions or 7'eps, but I do like PJ Harvey, Is This Desire? and Monumentum's rendition of Fade To Grey.

Is there another place to get this record? I would prefer to send money to a distro or maybe MONUMENTUM if they get copies, than to the shining bloke.
Somberlain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:

@Somberlain; are you missing the second press of Passage To Arcturo? I remember seeing one a while ago.

Im missing the second press (non gatefold) and the Brazilian press with different cover and the 2 bonus songs.
Im waiting to get my hands on the brazilian one and then im going for the second press
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: