P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Ares Kingdom vs Angelcorpse on the Blood Of the Damned tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Detest Records

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ykh wrote:
I'm seeing them next week in Belgium and in London. I wish Ares Kingdom were part of that tour as well! Angel Corpse + Ares Kingdom + Revenge would make an absolutely killer bill, hehe.

+ 1 !

See you Friday! I'll wear a TRIBULATION shirt.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody attended to these shows? Did Pete join Ares Kingdom on stage or simply, it finally didn't happen?
vorfeed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goab wrote:
Anybody attended to these shows? Did Pete join Ares Kingdom on stage or simply, it finally didn't happen?

I went to the San Diego show, and it did happen -- Pete Helmkamp got up on stage with Chuck Keller and Mike Miller immediately after the Ares Kingdom set, and they played "Webs of Perdition" together. An amazing moment among many at that killer show!
illomen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
Goab wrote:

I went to the San Diego show, and it did happen -- Pete Helmkamp got up on stage with Chuck Keller and Mike Miller immediately after the Ares Kingdom set, and they played "Webs of Perdition" together. An amazing moment among many at that killer show!

webs of perdition at all three ares kingdom shows. fucking incredible. one song by the original ofc lineup is superior to most bands' entire live sets. also it was in the middle of the show after ares kingdom played so only people who were there to see ak really understood what was happening. all the little kids who just heard about angelcorpse last week didnt even know what was taking place. honestly, after the ares kingdom set and the ofc reunion, all the other bands seemed insignificant.
Goab

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have given one of my thums to witness such an historical moment. Any pics you can post here? Any footage available?
illomen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3394

sorceress bitch posted some pics in this thread but they arent really of ofc. i mean she took a pic of pete doing vocals and there are a few pics of chuck but she was too close to take a picture of all of them on stage at once.
Goab

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3394

sorceress bitch posted some pics in this thread but they arent really of ofc. i mean she took a pic of pete doing vocals and there are a few pics of chuck but she was too close to take a picture of all of them on stage at once.

Thanx. I've been checking Youtube to see if there's some footage uploaded, but it seems there is not. Did you see somebody filming?
illomen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only person i saw filming was chris wood (hatewar productions) who set up the shows. not sure what he will be doing with the footage though. i wasnt really paying attention. too enthralled by the spectacle i was witnessing at the time.
Mutilashawn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reunion tour ..... *crosses fingers*
illomen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutilashawn wrote:

i disagree. i respect their attempt to make these shows low-key events. there was no hype surrounding it and no attempt to make money off of it.

all of the members are working on projects more closely aligned with their current visions. in the case of something as sacred as ofc, its better to keep the past in the past.

reunion tours are ususally complete abominations of a band's legacy.
luisifer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
Mutilashawn wrote:

i disagree. i respect their attempt to make these shows low-key events. there was no hype surrounding it and no attempt to make money off of it.

all of the members are working on projects more closely aligned with their current visions. in the case of something as sacred as ofc, its better to keep the past in the past.

reunion tours are ususally complete abominations of a band's legacy.

Exactly.

You just had to be there. Cool
Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've totally worshiped OFC since the early days and they are my favorite band (obivously) but I wouldn't want a OFC reunion. Something things are better to be left the way they were.

GROUND ZERO Entertainment

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen!
(Of course I used to see them every couple of months over like 5 years...so I can understand someone who never got the opportunity seeing it a different way...)
www.red-sky-design.com/GZEmailorder.htm
Good Trades: NWN! / H.H.R. / No Sign Of Life / LIE IN RUINS / BLOOD HARVEST / Asphyxiate / Prof. BLACK / Axa Valaha / Bloody Prod. / SONIC TEMPLE / Kuravilu / Death Dealer
Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me... I'm still shattered I never got to see OFC live when I was still living in the US...

Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! OFC!!! This totally made my day! Cheers to Chuck for the heads up on this!!! Fuck it, I changed my mind!! Reunion!! haha!

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=36444519

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: