P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DROWNED info
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kapalika

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
Kapalika wrote:
No offense at all but have you seen any style of metal that is not plagued by faceless band wagon hoppers?

true enough...still its unfortunate.

Yes, I agree it is unfortunate.
In the end it will boil down to our mad bullshit detector skills to sieve out the weak shit... and the ability to ignore annoying hypes until they die down.

Anyway, Drowned are great indeed and I await what they will have to offer in the future.
Invictus Productions

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
on a more general note, is the whole occult death metal thing going to just become a sterile trend after awhile? at the moment, i, like many others, are really pleased by the recent increase in dark death metal with occult imagery etc. but at a certain point, is it going to become pointless? it seems that every band is trading in their goats and pentagrams for triangles and more "serious" imagery. im fine with this move, but concerned it may get abused quickly. any thoughts?

It's irrelevant to me personally so long as the tunes are good. Whether it's satanic or occult, it's all out of a Paul Daniel's magic hocus pocus set.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems maybe the point of my remark was a little vague. i wasnt so much commenting on the pros and cons of such a trend developing though i can see how what i said may have been interpreted that way. really, i was just speculating as to whether or not this is the next big trend on the horizon.

trends happen whether we like them or not...on this i agree. music is fundamentally whats important...i agree on this too.

i am just predicting that over the next two or three years, we may get flooded with this style of metal. thsi doesnt really bother me too much as this is primarily what i enjoy. its far better than the resurgence of fun thrash we have been seeing over past few years or the endless supply of raw bm releases that come out every week.

long post...sorry.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see what you're saying. In that case, I totally agree. I think that bands like Drowned and Necros Christos are the start of a serious trend that will probably take awhile to start up...let's say that the vinyls of "Triune Impurity Rites" sit on shelves for a few months before some huge buying rush comes through and suddenly they are 150 bucks on ebay, same thing with "Viscera Terrae..." Not only that, but you can expect a flood of half assed bullshit bands ripping them off, never realizing that there are earlier bands that THEY are influenced by...
Recycled bullshit come on down! haha...
But yes, the occult death metal hordes are coming...mediocrity and all.
After all, the whole seriousness of the Satanism there is perfect for all those kids that are burned out on NoEvDia stuff...hell, I have to admit I got sucked into that shit too, now that I realize only a couple of those bands are worth a shit I am on to darker and more ferocious things... Smile

Last edited by GoldenBull on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't ever trade in our goats and pentagrams for triangles if that helps? Personally I love the old style of ham-fisted blasphemy and evil, and prefer it over this intellegant approach to it. I have no personal problem with it, but I don't have a huge interest in occultism, I just like morbid atmospheres and good songs!

I can only think of a few bands who have really taken this aproach, and it's a pretty obscure subject which I imagine one would need plenty of inside knowledge on, so I can't see it taking off as a trend.
s.charlach

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
I can only think of a few bands who have really taken this aproach, and it's a pretty obscure subject which I imagine one would need plenty of inside knowledge on, so I can't see it taking off as a trend.

Yes, seconded from the bottom of my heart.

GoldenBull wrote:
After all, the whole seriousness of the Satanism there is perfect for all those kids that are burned out on NoEvDia stuff...hell, I have to admit I got sucked into that shit too, now that I realize only a couple of those bands are worth a shit I am on to darker and more ferocious things... Smile

First of all I don't see why you draw a line between one and the other. There's only ONE principle to praise and no matter if it's manifested in plain devil worship, orthodoxy or "more serious imagery" -as illomen named it - it serves the same purpose imho.

Secondly, what is that chosen quote of yours suppose to mean? Seriously, can't get your point about the NoEvDia mocking at all, but it seems to be common to talk shit about that very label these days. As I'm kinda pissed off from work and lacking for kind formalities right now I'd say that one laughs at things that one doesn't understand, huh? And so I'm not that a surprised about the fact that after a short while of all praise for the orthodox stuff this is all of the sudden "too blatant" to the folk. Twisted Evil

And by the way, who cares about possibly flushing crap bands. You all said it in one or the other way, they all will be neither fish nor fowl and everybody with the slightest feeling for genuine performed art in its entity of visual, musical and lyrical content will realise what's for real or not for god's sake.

@illomen -> Don't excuse a "long post"! Always great to read more than a meaningless one-liner.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can see that reading somewhat confusingly...
What I mean is this: All the bands who started ripping off the Orthodox BM style after NoEvDia got big are perfectly suited to take their shit in the direction of this more occult DM. I personally have absolutely no problem with NoEvDia at all, and love most of their output, though I think they are a little on the overserious side when emailing, haha! But honestly, I just think that the current hype around that type of BM is going to contribute to this "new" trend in Death Metal spreading.
Does that make sense? Not saying anything bad about either style, just seeing a connection.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got to listen to the demo material...all I can say is that it is VERY different from Viscera Terrae, but still has some killer riffage and songwriting...the seeds of the newer stuff can be heard.
I imagine asking if anyone knows what Drowned are up to right now is probably a dumb question, eh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: