P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SVN OKKLT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: SVN OKKLT Reply with quote

http://svn-okklt.blogspot.com/2011/07/svn-okklt-altar-of-dissonance.html

Quote:
SVN-OKKLT - ALTAR OF DISSONANCE
The universal trait shared across all genres of metal is the riff. The melody created by the guitar which is the driving force behind the song. Here, we have hand selected 11 underground black metal tracks from 2010 and 2011 which standout from the rest by the glowing nature of their primary riffs.
Worship at the altar of dissonance.

Size: 111mb
Length: 59:27

I assume that posting this is OK here. Haven't seen anything against sharing music, and it's not full albums anyway. Just a track from each band, a fun project my buddy and I have been working on today. Maybe this will spread the word on some of these incredible bands, as a lot of them are criminally low profile.

Track list:

1. Glossolalia - Filth in the Light
2. Profanatica - Black Cum
3. Rhinocervs - Untitled
4. Tukaaria - Mythology
5. Odz Manouk - The Scavenger
6. Ives - Abandon
7. Furdidurke - Native to a Noxious Glow
8. Cirrhus - Time Honored Barrier
9. Akitsa - Les Sentinelles
10. Forteresse - Foret d'Automne
11. Ash Borer - In The Midst of Life, We Are in Death

PERSONAL FAVORITES: Glossolalia, Rhinocervs, Odz Manouk, Ash Borer

Last edited by Fallen_Empire on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hobophobic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a bad compilation at all! should have put "the indisciplinarian" from odz manouk though Wink. that song is SO fucking mesmerizing.

holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's so hard to pick! we're both completely enveloped by the new Odz Manouk material off the Tukaaria split tho, so we chose a track from that.

Odz Manouk/Absum 7" Split on the way soon, and I believe the s/t is getting pressed to vinyl thru Final Agony http://finalagonyrecords.blogspot.com/
Hobophobic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that whole tukaaria/odz manouk tape is fucking amazing. i listen to that one all the time. that 7" is gonna rule too i bet.

holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobophobic wrote:
yeah, that whole tukaaria/odz manouk tape is fucking amazing. i listen to that one all the time. that 7" is gonna rule too i bet.

it'll be interesting to see how the pairing of Odz Manouk and Absum work. the pairing of Tukaaria worked out perfectly, since they both play very similar styles.
CSR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm into all these bands and think the SVN OKKLT blog is pretty rad. They've been posting a few rips of CN / Rhinocervs stuff. Always support these labels, but its cool to have digital copies of these cassettes.

Always support the bands / labels though.

I just give out free CDRs for my label, so people can enjoy the music regardless of where they are and the don't have to feel weird downloading it from a blog.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to sound like a dick but I find the thread title kind of misleading. I was interested in this until I saw that it was just some kind of homemade Crepusculo Negro/Funeral Stench mixtape (I know Akitsa and Foreteresse aren't on CN but you got my point) instead of some kind of a compilation with bands from all over the world who can actually REALLY write proper riffs.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
No to sound like a dick but I find the thread title kind of misleading. I was interested in this until I saw that it was just some kind of homemade Crepusculo Negro/Funeral Stench mixtape (I know Akitsa and Foreteresse aren't on CN but you got my point) instead of some kind of a compilation with bands from all over the world who can actually REALLY write proper riffs.

heh, yeah i kinda realized this after we made it but it wasn't intentional. we just thought: 2010 - 2011, the catchiest riffs, and this is what we came up with. obviously a reflection of our personal tastes. if we had done a compilation focusing on atmosphere the bands featured would have been much more worldy, for sure.

just an aside, the bands featured here no longer have anything to do with CN. they are all part of the Rhinocervs camp, which IMO, the power has shifted to. they have been killing it in 2011, while CNs 2011 output is pretty much all substandard when compared to the stuff they did in 2009 - 2010 (that Dolorvotre could really be something if it didn't sound so shitty) here's what that tape SHOULD sound like: http://soundcloud.com/blacktwilight/dolorvotre-lsd/s-cdFu1

kind of frustrating to hear
Holocaust

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so this does not exist in a physical format?
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocaust wrote:

nah not yet. we're probably gonna make DIY copies for ourselves but that's about it. i've also toyed with the idea of making more copies and then giving them out for free thru my shop with every order over $40 or something, but i'm not sure what protocol would be on contacting the bands about that? the only ones i've talked to thus far was the RH guys cause I've ripped a few of their tapes and they were totally fine with that sort of thing. 'tape trading on steroids' was their look on it
Holocaust

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
Holocaust wrote:

nah not yet. we're probably gonna make DIY copies for ourselves but that's about it. i've also toyed with the idea of making more copies and then giving them out for free thru my shop with every order over $40 or something, but i'm not sure what protocol would be on contacting the bands about that? the only ones i've talked to thus far was the RH guys cause I've ripped a few of their tapes and they were totally fine with that sort of thing. 'tape trading on steroids' was their look on it

I'd at least contact Cw productions before you do this.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno where our thread went so I'll just post here:

http://svn-okklt.blogspot.com/

updated tonight with the new THP cassette and Black Howling/Ostots cassette. We have also added a compendium page to make searching through posts easier.

will post more shit tomorrow
Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been checking out a lot of your recent uploads and have found some great gems, especially a few of the RH bands i was unfamiliar with. i searched through every post and so far from what i've downloaded, i've bought the Volahn/Tukaaria tape and Raw to the Rapine tapes from HHR, and most everything else is sold out. still have a lot of file unzipping and listening to do, but i give this whole RH project and affiliated bands great praise for some good, unique black metal. got me reinterested in the BTC bands again too, dont know why i overlooked them at first. also about to check out some of the Fallen Empire bands
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers man. We are going to try to be more active moving forward, school got the best of both of us last semester.

Just threw this up there for good measure

Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, i was just looking for that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: