P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Haw far do YOU go in the Iron Maiden catalog?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caina

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
i doubt that ive even given the later material the attention it deserves before i rejected it. What is the best post-seventh son recording? im planning to try again with this era of i.m..

I think that 'Brave New World' and the last album hold up the best as far as Post-7th Son albums go, but lack a number of the elements that led the early albums to such heights of success. I strongly urge everyone to check out Dickinson's Chemical Wedding album though.

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
snaps666

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the way... !

A Matter Of Life And Death is in fact one of their best albums ever in my book. Been a fan the last 20 years, wasn't THAT pleased in the Blaze years, but still some good tunes on those albums aswell.
Blaze solo albums kick ass though!

Least goos album must be No Prayer...
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sound house tapes and the first 4 lps may just be the greatest metal music ever written. I like all the Bruce albums more or less.
first Blaze album is solid, it has some nice dark songs. I HATE Virtual XI
Kapalika

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I also consider "Seventh Son" as one of their last great records.
I lost interest after "Fear Of The Dark" - watching them live on that tour was awesome, though.

The solo albums Dickinson released are really worth checking out.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caina wrote:
illomen wrote:
i doubt that ive even given the later material the attention it deserves before i rejected it. What is the best post-seventh son recording? im planning to try again with this era of i.m..

'Brave New World'

I totally agree...Brave New World is actually a great record...a little long winded, but 90% of the album is very strong....Dance of Death, on the other hand , is a giant pile of shit ...almost, but not quite, as weak as No Prayer...which is a turd of epic proportions. The newest album AMOLAD is good..but pretty boring..the whole album is basically the same pace...for like an hour...gets pretty sleepy...(especially when they play the whole thing live..in order.....yawn)

OH..and by the way...when did it become allright for a band to release a live album after every FUKKING tour they do....that's pretty annoying Iron Maiden...and dream theater...and rush
RS

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much Reaffirming what has already been posted....

The first 7 albums are great. "No Prayer..." and "Fear of..." are terrible. The Blaze era was awful, and the last 3 had some decent to good songs, but never reached the greatness of their earlier works.
snaps666

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon wrote:

OH..and by the way...when did it become allright for a band to release a live album after every FUKKING tour they do....that's pretty annoying Iron Maiden...and dream theater...and rush

Why is that in any way annoying?

If you don't like, don't buy it...
The_Elite

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Matter Of Life And Death is a killer record.

Maiden is why I like metal after seeing a friends older brother with Eddie/Maiden logo painted on his leather jacket around 91/92

Everything up to Seventh Son is fantastic (that album is a bit patchy), D'Ianno albums especially. Fear Of The Dark is the first Maiden album I bought so it's a bit special for me. No Prayer isn't the best.

The Blaze era albums do have a few great tunes on them- interestingly when Blaze did his first solo shows over here in England (supporting Helloween I think?), Steve Harris, Janick Gers, and Dave Murray came to the London show to watch him and were stood right next to me!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snaps666 wrote:
Damon wrote:

Because live albums are supposed to celebrate the end of a particular era/period of time for a band. When you keep releasing them on a regular 3-years basis the whole thing just loses its meaning and becomes boring/predictable, esp when most of the tracks get repeated over and over again. Not to mention, it looks like a cheap way of cashing in and/or an excuse to hide persistent lack of artistic inspiration (Manowar anyone?).

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterfaggott wrote:
snaps666 wrote:
Damon wrote:

Because live albums are supposed to celebrate the end of a particular era/period of time for a band. When you keep releasing them on a regular 3-years basis the whole thing just loses its meaning and becomes boring/predictable, esp when most of the tracks get repeated over and over again. Not to mention, it looks like a cheap way of cashing in and/or an excuse to hide persistent lack of artistic inspiration (Manowar anyone?).

EXACTLY ..it's just such a cheezy way to cash in....it completely negates any kind of special feeling that live albums used to hold....Think about the classic live albums of old,...Live After Death, Kiss Alive, Unleashed in the East....those albums are a testimony to a band at their professional peak....not, 'hey lets get another shitty painting of Eddie and throw it out there in 4 different formats so all the Maiden fags, myself included, will buy it...' Do we really need a document of the DEATH on THE ROAD tour?

"if you don't like it, don't buy it"...that's gay, man...if you're a fan of a band...and i've been a Maiden fan since 83, you are going to want to have everything they release...especially all the homos, like us on this board, who are bitten buy the OCD collector's bug
dronevil

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

album wise i only like the first 3, but there are some great tracks from the albums after.
karimlan

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son and everything that came before it are paramount. Brave New World is also good though and Dance Of Death, No Prayer For The Dying, and Fear Of The Dark also have their moments.

Iron Maiden was the band that got me into metal, I've been a fan since 1988.
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I particularly liked Somewhere In Time..the melodies always got to me.
Didn;t like Seventh Son much except for a couple of songs. The earlier albums are good, No Prayer.., Brave New World are also good. The latest one is a bit off for me though.

The recent comp album seems like a tired affair. Which true blue maiden fan does not have all those tracks?

I can understand the tour but the album..?
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's on all formats or not, but my tape of Seventh son has some live versions of songs from the first album with bruce on vocals that make the whole thing worth it.
msp666

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Powerslave.

People slag off "Flash of the Blade", "The Duellists" and "Back in the Village" but 95% of bands would kill to be able to write such so called "filler tracks".

Piece of Mind is a great album also.

In fact anything Maiden made in the 1980's is pretty much essential as far as I am concerned.

The last few have been great also!
As my crushed bowels evacuate much to my dismay...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: