P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recorded but never released albums
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mendicant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devil Doll: Mark Of The Beast + Day Of Wrath (and who knows how much other material)
Tyrone Slothrop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Forgot the pretty obvious: The unreleased Bathory LPs (at least the one which contains "Burning Leather", would like to hear more songs in this Thrash style and killer sound).

Is there an actual unreleased full-length of this type of material? Would that include "You Don't Move Me (I Don't Give a Fuck)" too?
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
More shit that comes to my mind (mostly spread during tapetrading days, but no official release on LP/CD):

Devastation (US-Ill) - Unrel. LP from 1987

Was released in 2008 by Marquee Records in the "Dispensible Bloodshed" CD box.
Bestial Devastator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:
peterott wrote:
Forgot the pretty obvious: The unreleased Bathory LPs (at least the one which contains "Burning Leather", would like to hear more songs in this Thrash style and killer sound).

Is there an actual unreleased full-length of this type of material? Would that include "You Don't Move Me (I Don't Give a Fuck)" too?

No that was one of the earliest demos. How about "Witchcraft" and "Satan My Master", werent they supposed to be from an unreleased EP recording/session ?

Bathory.nu mentions these :

NECRONOMICON / MALEFICARUM (November 1984)
"The material recorded during this NECRONOMICON / MALEFICARUM-session was "Children of the Beast", "Crown of Thorns one the Golden Throne", "Crucifix" and "Necronomicon". It was decided however, that the four tracks showed not enough progress from the material featured on the first album released less than a month before, and subsequently the EP was cancelled."

OCCULTA/OKKULTA (aborted recording session 1985...)
"During this - and a second weekend - six tracks were recorded directly onto one 2-inch tape. And immediately after the completion of the session transferred onto two 15 minutes quarter-inch tapes. The titles recorded during the OCCULTA/OKKULTA session were "Black Leather Wings", "Hellfire", "Majestica Satanica", "Circle of Blood", "Wicca", "The Call from the Grave" (an early version of "Call from the Grave") and "Undead". Sadly, only the reel containing the tracks "Black Leather Wings", "Circle of Blood", "Majestica Satanica" and "Undead" has survived to this day."

Last edited by Bestial Devastator on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:
peterott wrote:

I don't really think so. Burning Leather sounds like it's a leftover from Blood Fire Death sessions.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Son of Satan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Tyrone Slothrop wrote:
peterott wrote:

I don't really think so. Burning Leather sounds like it's a leftover from Blood Fire Death sessions.

This! Pretty sure "You dont move me" was part of the "Die in Fire" and "Witchcraft" recording session. Does anyone know if those were around the time of the first Scandinavian Metal Attack?

-Trade List-
peterott

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I trust what is written in the Jubileum-2 CD, then the recording date of "Burnin' Leather" was October '87.
My Blood Fire Death LP doesn't have any insert, so I don't see a release date. According Jubileum 1 and 2 CDs the recording date was Feb.88

By the way "Crawl To Your Cross" was recorded in June 1989, another one of these unrel.songs. This corresponds with the "Hammerheart recording session as the Hammerheart songs were recorded in June 1989 as well according Jubileum 1/2 CDs.
rite of destruction

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know (and hear)

1. Die in Fire/You Don't Move Me
2. Satan My Master/Witchcraft
3. Return of Darkness and Evil/Sacrifice

were the three pre-debut sessions of Bathory.
FBM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neptune Towers - Space lab (?)
Golgotha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HÝrus wrote:

????!
Antimosh003

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golgotha wrote:
HÝrus wrote:

????!

This was a fake.
Wolf Larsen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DET HEDENSKE FOLK album

Coming to BATHORY unreleased material , here is an article ( Dont remember who translated it) i took from this forum sometime ago:

Sweden rock magazine had this big 8 page memorial article about Quorthon a couple of years ago. This is about the unreleased stuff.
It's in swedish, but here's a rough translation:

THE RECORDS THAT WERE NEVER RELEASED.

Bathory have, with differnt line ups, written and recorded several more records and songs, then what is shown in theyr discography. Recordings that never saw the day of light in any form, and for a long time have been legendary among the fans, since Quorthon sometimes have mentioned them in interviews since the late 80's.
Here's some of the unheard treasures who might be lying about of each their tape, collecting dust somewhere.

Necronomicon / Malificarum ep (1984)

In november 1984, just a few months after Bathorys first album became a reality, the band was supposed to have gone back to Heavenshore studio to record 4 new songs: children of the beast, Crown of thorns on the golden throne, Crucifix and Necronomicon. The plan was to release these as an EP around x - mas, but then they cancelled the project because they didn't think the material showed enough progress since the debut. Musically this ep, who was to be named Necronomicon or Malificarum, is something between the debut and the follow up "The return", whos recording started allready 3 months later.

OCCULTA (1985)

In June 1985 did Bathory, who's line up now were Quorthon and the drummer Stefan Larsson, put the songs: Black leather wings, Hellfire, Majestica Satanica, Circle of blood, Wicca, Undead and an early version of Call from the grave on tape. The record who had the working title "Occulta" or "Okkulta" were later, for some reason, put away.

VALHALLA ( ca. 1987 - 88 )

Between 20 and 30 songs are supposed to have been recorded while they were working on a double LP with the name "Valhalla". A couple of them would later been used elsewere. The titletrack ended up on Hammerheart.

REQUIEM (1989)

After Hammerheart, Quorthon wanted to do some brutal music again, wich resulted in six - seven raw death / thrash pieces, made for an album with the working title REQUIEM. One of the was Crawl to you cross, who were put on the 1st Jubileum comp. This lp has nothing to do with the record who were recorded and released in 1994 under the name REQUIEM.

UNTITLED RECORDINGS (1999 - 2000)

From the summer 1999 till the summer of 2000 about 22 songs were supposed to have been recorded. According to Quorthon, they had some strong influences from classical music, and they were arranged that way instead of the typical verse / refrain structures. Big timpani drums and many medieval and classical instruments were suposedly used frequently.
But Quorthon felt that this material were a step in the wrong direction, so instead he started to work on what was to become "Destroyer of worlds".

" Two of the first Bathory songs ever recorded were "Live and die in sin" and "Dirty woman". These were recorded in the same sessions as those, on the Jubileum, released "Die in fire", Witchcraft", "Satan my master" and " You don't move me and I don't give a fuck".

This is what Boss says about releasing the unreleased stuff in the interview.

"He didn't want to release it. And it feels wrong if I were to release those records and songs just commercially just to make money. It wasn't so that he wasn't pleased with the material, they just didn't fit in , or were discarded from the albums they were made for. Left overs. It was made a lot of things during what was to become "Blood fire death" i.e, some songs were recorded earlier and released later etc... There's even some songs from the Nordland session that we didn't use. Of course the fans would think it was great, but for me it would feel like I were " stepping over him". No, in any case somebody must do this after me. Then I will leave everything behind. I have said that "Now Quorthon is gone, when I'm gone they can do what the hell they want with it".
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well lets hope the Boss kicks the bucket soon now!
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Damaar have an unreleased LP worth of material that was recorded but not released?

I remember someone saying that they have the CD-R of the tracks, but the band has ZERO interest in metal at this point so it's unlikely to come out.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
VON "Anger Session" Demo with a different drummer and slightly different style.

Any more information on this? Have you heard it?

s.charlach wrote:
Ofermod's "Pentagrammaton", even though some altered ideas can be heard on "TiamtŁ" and Nefandus' "Death Holy Death".

I'm still hoping this will see a release...

peterott wrote:
Master's Hammer - recorded but unreleased Black Metal LP.

Anyone out there actually hear this? Absolutely needs to be released someday.

peterott wrote:
Ophtalamia / Abruptum - Split 7" (also Slayer zine if I am not mistaken)

I have a bootleg split 7" of those two bands, not sure if it's the same material though.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: