P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Disembowelment?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Disembowelment? Reply with quote

I have been thinking about investing in hearing this band...another old one I have missed out on. I was looking for some advice though. I am mostly into black metal, but lately I have been loving the hell out of some more primitive sounding death. My favorite death metal band is Immolation but I am flipping the fuck out over Necros Christos at the moment...I just like super heavy, really evil sounding shit. And I mean REALLY evil sounding. Scary if possible. Some Disembowelment reviews lead me to believe I would like it...
Any opinions?
Raelin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to get the "Transcendence Into The Peripheral" Album!!! Its a damn killer downtuned piece of dark Death/Doom Metal!!!

Last edited by Raelin on Fri May 16, 2008 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're more death doom metal than straight up death metal.

Web: nwnprod.com

GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of grabbing the reissue 2CD that has that album on it...
Honestly, I have been trying really hard to find new bands that have the sound I'm looking for...After hearing Necros Christos described as "doom death" all the time I thought to ask about that but I honestly hate most doom metal, I'm afraid to end up with some jackoff crooning over a violin Very Happy
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very atmospheric sort of doom. Has some female vocal parts and it has quite an obscure sort of sound. I haven't listened to it much in recent years, but I guess around the '94 mark when it came out, I was quite a fan. I wouldn't really call it death metal, but yeah it has quite a morose sort of quality... even ambient in parts.
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Disembowelment? Reply with quote

formaldehigh wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
I have been thinking about investing in hearing this band...another old one I have missed out on. I was looking for some advice though. I am mostly into black metal, but lately I have been loving the hell out of some more primitive sounding death. My favorite death metal band is Immolation but I am flipping the fuck out over Necros Christos at the moment...I just like super heavy, really evil sounding shit. And I mean REALLY evil sounding. Scary if possible. Some Disembowelment reviews lead me to believe I would like it...
Any opinions?

I hope youre 15 years old because, if you arent, then this is one of the stupidest sounding posts ive ever read. And I mean REALLY stupid sounding.

haha, your name is "formaldehigh." Do you like jokes about weed? Amazing! Do you like hanging around looking for things to talk shit about when you are too far away to get your worthless ass kicked? Thought so.
You don't know me, so if you don't have anything relevant to say go fuck off somewhere, the FMP board sounds like your cup of tea.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Stillbirth Machine LP thread May 6:

GoldenBull wrote:
Ordered the diehard! I had never even heard of this band a week ago, and here I am about to have two diehard vinyls...that should really say something. Fucking excellent work Yosuke!!!

Posted two days later:

GoldenBull wrote:
Does anybody know how much I should expect to pay for the Wild Rags version of "Stillbirth Machine" or how rare it is?
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I see your point. Very profound. Anyway...

I think I am probably not going to find a whole lot of doomish stuff I like, but I do believe I will check this one out.

Anything else I might find to my liking, feel free to recommend...

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Drowned, the lp is in stock here at nwn! They got some common members with necros christos, but in my opinion its even better, its somewhat different, but its fucking excellent. I dont know if that vinyl is limited or not, but concidering the Necros Christos hype, I would grab one while I could.

You can find one song on myspace, http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=183406878 (scroll down, to abyssic dead).

For some doomy death , I would try Autopsy`s - Mental funeral. its probably the best album in the genre.

Disembowelment is more of an aquired taste, personally I dont get it, not that I have tried so much, but it seems to be more for people really into doom.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drowned is incredible, a perfect example of what I'm talking about, I really wish I could find a better way to describe that sound. Something about the guitar tone and vocals. It's the same thing I love about Immolation, even though they sound totally different... Autopsy is pretty cool too, just haven't heard that record enough to really get into it yet.
When that record came out I hated anything slow...missed out on a lot.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
I honestly hate most doom metal, I'm afraid to end up with some jackoff crooning over a violin Very Happy

Thats a very naieve take on doom. I hate that shit too but thats NOT doom! REAL doom lives up to the standards set by Black Sabbath, such as Saint Vitus, Solstice etc, thats TRUE doom!

As for Disembowelment, its very cool and dark. Very evil and no other band like it before or since if you ask me.
Evil Fifi

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Rottrevore? Disciples of Mockery?
You may want to try?

Ebil = Ride for Revenge :)
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
I honestly hate most doom metal, I'm afraid to end up with some jackoff crooning over a violin Very Happy

Thats a very naieve take on doom. I hate that shit too but thats NOT doom! REAL doom lives up to the standards set by Black Sabbath, such as Saint Vitus, Solstice etc, thats TRUE doom!

As for Disembowelment, its very cool and dark. Very evil and no other band like it before or since if you ask me.

I actually agree, didn't mean to overgeneralize. I guess I am just used to thinking of doom in terms of this newer operatic stuff that just drives me nuts lately. Indeed there is a lot of great stuff out there, but it just isn't quite the sound I was talking about earlier. That was what I really meant.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Fifi wrote:
Maybe Rottrevore? Disciples of Mockery?
You may want to try?

Ebil = Ride for Revenge Smile

Rottrevore sounds really really good, I am going to give them a listen later today if I can find something online...
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disembowelment was a Great Band. One of my alltime Fave Death/Doom Acts. Too bad they released only a few items...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: