P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The Ruins of Beverast (Van/Germany)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morten wrote:
Schall und Rauch wrote:
VERWESUNG wrote:
A picture of the TRoB-Shirt would be nice, too.
Price of the release however seems to be somewhat too high for my taste.
I hope to get a picture convincing me of the quality before it will be sold out.

All shots I've seen so far weren't able to give a proper impression of the real release. Don't think that this will run out of stock soon. First of all there's the price which gets in the way of selling out fast and secondly I remember well how long it took to get rid of all the copies of "Unlock the Shrine". This record seemed to lay like a bag of cement in the shelves of the distros. N:C:U sold the last copies of the die hard only a couple of months ago.

I think this one will go faster. I think people are starting to discover this great band. Unlock the shrine was an excelent album, but rain upon the impure, is a dark magnificent masterpiece who lacks comparisment.

I said I wasnt gonna order this, but I couldnt resist.

Is the vinyl version, as low mastered as the cd?

Got a new mix and honestly it simply crushes the CD. As usual, the better your stereo the better the results. Wink
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schall und Rauch wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
The thing that kicks my ass is that not only is German postage insane...

German postage rates are not that bad at all when I think of parcels I got from over Europe and saw what -just for example- French maniakz have to pay for shipping records.

And, Mr. Demoniarch, no offense personally, but I'm tired of all the moaning on the net about that very release and its price. I guess no one of you has seen the vinyl release of "Rain Upon the Impure" with his own eyes so far and so I'd be a bit more reserved. People on various boards tend to complain about silly gimmicks like a wax seal and sure, it's kinda useless, but acting like the price would be that high because of this... C'mon! Have a good pal who's working in advertising/printing and so I know how expensive paper/cardboard can be alone and boy-o-boy, I've never seen such a terrific appearance like this one for TRoB. Even the already stunning OFC die hards suck in comparision. Yes, the question remains if it needs an extraordinary packaging like this when it means that it becomes way to cost-intensive for the maniakz out there, but still, TRoB is a remarkable band and deserves an extravagant appearance imho.

No offense to you either... however this is only a recording not the crown jewels.
There are many albums printed on heavy stock paper that you would need a chainsaw to cut through. Couple albums that come to mind are Dark Fortress and Swallow the Sun vinyls I have. They were only $20 USD, not 40 EUR. Unless this album was presented in a hand carved box out of ivory or perhaps in a finely machined aircraft aluminum case this is asking too much.
Album cost aside, the postage is the worst insult.

Even after how ridiculous this is to pay I will probably break down and order it anyways. I want to complete the set. Guess this is all in preparation for when the king of jews returns and shafts us all in the end anyways.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schall und Rauch wrote:
morten wrote:
Schall und Rauch wrote:
VERWESUNG wrote:
A picture of the TRoB-Shirt would be nice, too.
Price of the release however seems to be somewhat too high for my taste.
I hope to get a picture convincing me of the quality before it will be sold out.

All shots I've seen so far weren't able to give a proper impression of the real release. Don't think that this will run out of stock soon. First of all there's the price which gets in the way of selling out fast and secondly I remember well how long it took to get rid of all the copies of "Unlock the Shrine". This record seemed to lay like a bag of cement in the shelves of the distros. N:C:U sold the last copies of the die hard only a couple of months ago.

I think this one will go faster. I think people are starting to discover this great band. Unlock the shrine was an excelent album, but rain upon the impure, is a dark magnificent masterpiece who lacks comparisment.

I said I wasnt gonna order this, but I couldnt resist.

Is the vinyl version, as low mastered as the cd?

Got a new mix and honestly it simply crushes the CD. As usual, the better your stereo the better the results. Wink

Thats great news, I was hoping for a new mix. Not that the old one was bad. I have a good stereo Razz
tom245

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand why people aren't so happy about the price so don't see the problem in posting about it. It may have been expensive to produce but 40 euros X 325 = 13000 euros. I realise the band and label are entitled to make some cash from it but I'm a bit sceptical about whether this price is reasonable considering NWN's prices. Realistically, how much should it be costing to produce this considering the packaging etc?

That's not accounting for the postage costs either. Seems more than bit high, even for registered but i don't live in Germany so...
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck it, I just ordered from VAN.

It stings to pay that kind of postage. However I wager the worst is yet to come with continuous fuel increases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: