P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

HAIL OF BULLETS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karan wrote:
HAIL OF BULLETS is OK, but I still go for D.C. with a monster of dark death metal.

Indeed, and I think that really sums of the difference between the two bands. Dead Congregation has this aura around it that makes the album, for lack of a better word, more profound of a listen. Whereas Hail of Bullets is just good balls-to-the-wall metal where you don't have to think about it too much.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
Strange how much new bands are praised everywhere which I can't get into. The good aspect is that I have to spend less money then...

Or you have to spent more money once it clicked, infidel, and the records are gone. Wink Very Happy

George wrote:
Karan wrote:
HAIL OF BULLETS is OK, but I still go for D.C. with a monster of dark death metal.

Indeed, and I think that really sums of the difference between the two bands. Dead Congregation has this aura around it that makes the album, for lack of a better word, more profound of a listen. Whereas Hail of Bullets is just good balls-to-the-wall metal where you don't have to think about it too much.

You nailed it! And who on God's damned earth needs another just ass-kicking Death Metal album? Oh well, German metal magazines seem to be pretty sure that HoB is the best thing out in years and there's already outrageous gushings like "All copyists down into dust before HoB". That's kinda funny as HoB sound pretty much like copyists of their own musical past imho.
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karan wrote:
Got today the NECROVATION albume, and while good (specially the last 4 songs) it falls short to the DEAD CONGREGATION album...the HAIL OF BULLETS is OK, but I still go for D.C. with a monster of dark death metal.

But the Necrovation album is like DC in a totally different league from HoB.

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
R_R_BASTARD_

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raelin wrote:
HOB=Great, but too overrated!!!

subscribe, this is my same idea.

"....ONE BY ONE...WE'LL TAKE YOU...."
slutvomit

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really really dig that Hail Of Bullets MLP. It's just how I like my DM. I like the Dead Congregation too, but it's nothing spectacular in my eyes and I've never been a big Incantation/Immolation fan.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutterofgums wrote:
Raelin wrote:
CR99 wrote:
Dead Congregation didnt do anything for me on the myspace samples. I only find the demo sample remotely interesting...

Strange how much new bands are praised everywhere which I can't get into. The good aspect is that I have to spend less money then...

Listen to "Graves of the Archangels" and u will probably change your opinion about Dead Congregation! One of the best Albums in the last years and one of the best european DM Bands in Europe, this Album is definitely worth to spend fucking 10 bucks for it!!!

Hear hear

Thirded, Graves... is going to be next to impossible to beat this year, probably for the rest of the decade. I guess it's quick to say, but they're becoming one of my favourite bands!

As far as HoB goes, I think they're a bit boring. Some of the riffs are alright, but it isn't really my thing. Asphyx are loads better, and the first proper track on the album sounds like metalcore with Van Drunen on vocals Mad

I didn't even know the Necrovation album was out! I'll have to check that out!

Last edited by Devoured Death on Sat May 10, 2008 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Voorhees

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breed Deadness Blood is the best death metal album this year so far.
Raelin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R_R_BASTARD_ wrote:
Raelin wrote:

I think HOB does a really good job, i like the MCD, but the sound is too polished in my opinion.
I like raw and brutal sounds, like back in the days, without pro tools and shit like that!
The Drumming and Riffing is solid and Martins vocals are really sick, like every time.
The biggest thing i dont like is, why a major Label? U will see tons of Merch and shit like that, all the fanzines will hype the band and these true DM Kids wearing a cool HOB Shirt and thats why i want to puke!!!
BTW. What do u think..which "Big" Label would release the CD without Martin and Ed?
Invictus Productions

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to the record on their myspace. Sounds fucking great I have to say. Death the brutal fucking way!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schall und Rauch wrote:

Or you have to spent more money once it clicked, infidel, and the records are gone. Wink Very Happy

Do not think so!
Asphyxiation

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schall und Rauch wrote:

George wrote:
Karan wrote:

You nailed it! And who on God's damned earth needs another just ass-kicking Death Metal album? Oh well, German metal magazines seem to be pretty sure that HoB is the best thing out in years and there's already outrageous gushings like "All copyists down into dust before HoB". That's kinda funny as HoB sound pretty much like copyists of their own musical past imho.

Agreed man!

HoB's is ok, but that's all - there's simply nothing to be discovered that's beyond standard state of the art DM of their very own past.
R_R_BASTARD_

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raelin wrote:
R_R_BASTARD_ wrote:
Raelin wrote:

I think HOB does a really good job, i like the MCD, but the sound is too polished in my opinion.
I like raw and brutal sounds, like back in the days, without pro tools and shit like that!
The Drumming and Riffing is solid and Martins vocals are really sick, like every time.
The biggest thing i dont like is, why a major Label? U will see tons of Merch and shit like that, all the fanzines will hype the band and these true DM Kids wearing a cool HOB Shirt and thats why i want to puke!!!
BTW. What do u think..which "Big" Label would release the CD without Martin and Ed?

exactly Exclamation i subscrime for the second time. Raelin rules.

"....ONE BY ONE...WE'LL TAKE YOU...."
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gives a shit what label they're on? Crap. Confused
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
Who gives a shit what label they're on? Crap. Confused

True, but this does not make the band more than a little over average DM R`n`R band . But I find it fun and will buy album.

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
Chit019

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck, now I feel like I really need that Necrovation album, anyone aware with any distro carrying their Cd? Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: