P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bunkur / Mordor split LP/CD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aszfargoth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Kill Monument wrote:
Manuel had an imaginary label, Comaworx, that were supposed to initially release Cthonic Rites and some other stuff. I sent him 18 Euro for CR and never saw hide nor hair of it again. I was at the Ashes to Ashes... Doom to Dust Fest in 2005 that he organized and it was fantastic but I believe he ripped off the bands. His name is mud at this stage.

Wonderful tribulations ensued on the doom-metal.com forums, I remember that rather well (things were never cleared up completely as well). I, for one, received my advance payment for that Moss album back a while after it came to pass that Comaworx wasn't going anywhere (I believe to remember that it was Olly of Moss whom I sent the money, but it could've been Manuel, either way I got a free t-shirt out of that). The matter has had great effect on Bunkur's publicity, so far as the release of the "Nullify" album being mentioned almost nowhere (I was really surprised when I first saw it listed on the band's Metal Archives page).

I hold no grudge whatsoever against Manuel, or have any opinion on him or his doings for that matter, there would neither be a personal reason to do so nor am I fully aware of everything that happened regarding both Comaworx and the AtADtD fest to warrant any personal stand on that (which would be something rather childish to do, anyway). Still, I am rather surprised about this split release as Manuel seemingly still is treated as a persona non grata.

I've listened to a few samples of "Nullify" and must say they have taken a development for the better. The sound is more abrasive now, heavier and also more varied and dynamic, although this takes away from the sheer monolithic primitivism of "Bludgeon". Still, their best effort to me is the "Devolve" track, probably because it is also their most stripped-down and weirdly dark.

Also, to end this tedious rant, congratulations on your band's "Light Rotting Out" album. I've only had the opportunity to listen to it in full once, but it has some great things going for it. It often felt like I was listening to a seriously warped 70's occult progressive rock album, some Jacula or Salem's Mass vinyl record first broken into pieces, then haphazardly glued together and played at incorrect speed. It doesn't sound like your standard fare extreme doom metal at all which I welcome very much.
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Aszfargoth wrote:
[Also, to end this tedious rant, congratulations on your band's "Light Rotting Out" album. I've only had the opportunity to listen to it in full once, but it has some great things going for it. It often felt like I was listening to a seriously warped 70's occult progressive rock album, some Jacula or Salem's Mass vinyl record first broken into pieces, then haphazardly glued together and played at incorrect speed. It doesn't sound like your standard fare extreme doom metal at all which I welcome very much.

Haha, well that is a description of our sound I haven't heard before. a refreshing change from being erroneously labelled Funeral Doom at least Laughing Glad you like it.
Andy

www.facebook.com/malthusianDM
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Listening to Salem Mass now, for the first time. Like a flower power Pagan Altar! Nice Cool

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To coinside the album release, september 2004, of Bunkur I - Bludgeon I decided to invite some friends to play along. So soon enough Thee Plague Of Gentlemen participated. At that same time there was a wave of new very extreme doom bands coming up just gearing up such as Moss, Funeralium, Wormphlegm and more. After some thoughts plans were made to do a two day(both Tilburg, Holland and Gent, Belgium) festival with the new breed of extreme doom; Ashes to Ashes...Doom to Dust fest with: Thee Plague Of Gentlemen, Bunkur, Moss, Funeralium, Wormphlegm, Planet Aids, Malasangre and Forgotten Tomb. Both dates were succesful and a new festival seemed to have emerged...at least in my mind.
Just a few months after I already started to assemble the line-up for the next edition. This time I felt I should broaden horizons and look for extremity differently so in december I got in contact with Jus from Electric Wizard and soon enough he confirmed.
So I got a great headliner for the second edition! Soon enough more mammoth acts could be added; Reverend Bizarre and Worship(!!!), Tyranny, TPOG and Planet Aids again and Esoteric...EW destroyed the Roadburn Greenroom in april so prospects were good and a third gig in Arnhem was added as a Warming up with just four bands. Promotion was started in Dutch and Belgian magazines despite the fact the fee for Electric Wizard was still TBA after months of asking with Jus by either mail or phone. Then one month prior to the fest I got called by Justin, the EW drummer stating the band wanted a fee much higher than anticipated. Presales were already in motion, entrance-fee fixed so I couldn't add five euros to the entrance-fee of 15 euro anymore.
This, in the end turned out to be the reason why some bands couldn't be paid right after the final gig of the weekend. Some money had to come in via presales in Belgium but that didn't cover the losses. The blow of this failure of the second edition was considerable and kept me away from the scene for years.
Nevertheless in collaboration with the 013 venue who would take over the finances I would 'curate' the third edition in 2008 and the approach would be massive this time; 23 bands were planned but due to poor promotion the venue cancelled the two smallest halls and reduced the number of bands to 6 without any consideration of my part of the story. Due to the fact that the big bands were committed through written contracts it was impossible to shift back to the underground approach of earlier versions so in the end 7 bands would play for about 500-600 people; My Dying Bride, Krux(!), Mordor, Serpentcult, Switchblade, Kongh and Bunkur. Without personal financial demise the festival didn't generate the money I hoped for to compensate the bands from 2005.
So to make sure that would happen I set up a fourth edition and this time it looked splendid; Shining, Urfaust, Bunkur, Switchblade, Funeralium, Kongh, Alkerdeel, Saturnalia Temple in the Hall Of Fame in Tilburg; presales were going good as one week before the festival the venue cancelled due to municipal decision concerning sound-pollution in the direct vicinity of the venue. So in the remaining 5 days shelter was found in Leeuwarden; almost 250km away from Tilburg, at De Romein...needless to say lots of people did not show up and left me in the end with a loss of 5000 euro.
That debt was paid back to all bands, hotel, venue, amp-hiring company - including the bands from 2005!!! - from september 2009 to june 2011 except for a small amount to be paid to Greg/Esoteric.

I have always kept a distance between the forum-knights that befouled my name and myself. I do not wish to contact any of them and this statement is the last response to any message be it positive or negative.

The name Bunkur is smeared with this affair in ways that still hinder the development of the band. With the last payment to P.Kloos, set for august 2011, all payments in connection with Bunkur will be finalized. Support the musick not the rumours! Await the Third Abomination at 11.11.11; Bunkur III - Incinerate!!!

One thing should be distilled from all the above and that is that fanatism is not to be mistaken for greed and love for musick not for the exploitation of it!!!

I apologize to all those who suffered from my ignorance and naivity...thanks to those who have given me a first and/or second chance.

Into Comadoom,

Manuel Tinnemans

www.comaworx.com

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like he had a hell of a time getting fests set up. You'd think he would have just gave up after the first couple of failings.
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I have recently been contacted by Manuel and he has offered to reimburse me for the Cthonic Rites payment. He seems to want to clear up his name and sort out his debts which I think is fair play. As I said, it's a pity the festival turned out to burn both the bands and his reputation but having read the above statement it seems that perhaps the debacle wasn't so cut and dry. Anyhoo, sound of him to fix up with me.

Angel16

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update from Mordor:

After six months of intensive working, we have just finished to record the voices, guitars, bass and some percussion for the song “In League with Wotan”. Dealing with the Lord of Valhalla and the primordial time of His sacrifice to Himself to reveal the runes, we really want to create a deep song able to communicate something of this cosmic act. We will soon begin to complete the programming of the orchestral sounds and samplers and to begin the mix.

“Bread no one gave me,
nor a horn of drink,
downward I peered,
to runes applied myself,
wailing learnt them,
then fell down thence.”

Hávamál, Poetic Edda, Thorpe translation
Mordor Swiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update from Mordor:

Split Mordor/Bunkur III

While the time of the Wild Hunt and the crossing of the Wintry Darkness is near, we are pleased to announce that, after a long work, the song “In League with Wotan” for the split with Bunkur is now mixed and mastered and has been sent to Nuclear War Now!
Work was ours, may pleasure be yours and glory to the Gods.

“I learned nine spells
From the famous son of Bölthorn,
The father of Bestla,
And I won a drink
Of that precious mead,
Poured from Ódhrerir”

Hávamál, Girdaukas and Crawford translation
global deathrape

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked this guy numerous times to pay me back for a record he received from me, his payment was charged back so I never received payment for it. Every time he fed me some bs line until he finally just stopped bothering to respond.
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope it wouldnt take 1,5 year more till it is out
Wolfsturm888

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yosuke, any definite releasedate for this (on vinyl) ?
Shiru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfsturm888 wrote:
Yosuke, any definite releasedate for this (on vinyl) ?
he never have 100% fixed dates.. plus "cover art in progress" still
Mordor Swiss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split Mordor/Bunkur III

An update on our most recent creation “In League with Wotan”... we are currently waiting on the artwork to be finished, then this long awaited split should be ready to be released on Nuclear War Now. Meanwhile here is a picture of the Mordor line-up anno 2013...

Last edited by Mordor Swiss on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Fenrirsson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mordor still destroy, even after all these years. Alongside a re-issue of "Odes" and "Csejthe" someone should do "The Way of Nihilism" compilation as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: