P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Last Episode/Epitaph testpressings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tal666

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Last Episode/Epitaph testpressings? Reply with quote

I recently obtained the following testpressings with a Last Episode/Epitaph A4 sheet attached:
Borknagar - S/T
Gorgoroth - Antichrist
Behemoth - Grom
Behemoth - And the forest dreams eternally

The Grom seems to be a testpressing of the picture LP released long time ago, the second Behemoth I don't even recall that was released on vinyl until the boxset which is clearly ain't the same pressing and the Gorgoroth/Borknagar are definitly not the Malicious records pressings (Different matrix numbers).
Does anybody know what those testpressings are? Seems a bit weird for a label to press only testpressings, I would appreciate any info.
deadskin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karsten was responsible for last episode/last epitaph, solistitium and serenades rec if ZI'm right. I also bought testpress for Sventevith and Grom from him and was wondering about "and the forests ..." lp. the only lp with this stuff is on Historica boxset.have no idea why the hell he preesed malicious and nocturnal art testpresses.
MAYHEM „Life eternal” VINYL
THORNS "Societé Anonyme" & "Embrace / Fragment"
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karsten was responsible for last episode/last epitaph, solistitium and serenades rec if ZI'm right.

The SOLISTITIUM / MILLENIUM METAL MUSIC / OMVINA guy is a different Karsten.
Opolus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karsten was responsible for last episode/last epitaph, solistitium and serenades rec if ZI'm right.

The SOLISTITIUM / MILLENIUM METAL MUSIC / OMVINA guy is a different Karsten.

Yezz, if I'm not mistaken, it's Karsten Jacob ("Last Episode/Epitaph") and Carsten Molitor ("Solistitium").
Tal666

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well, knowing who's the man behind it doesn't really helps me figure what the hell those pressing are supposed to be Wink
I mean, it costs a lot to print a testpressing, paying for doing the master plates, mastering and etc, seems wierd that someone will go all that way only to print a small run of testpressings without actually releasing something.
Opolus

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tal666 wrote:
Yeah well, knowing who's the man behind it doesn't really helps me figure what the hell those pressing are supposed to be Wink
I mean, it costs a lot to print a testpressing, paying for doing the master plates, mastering and etc, seems wierd that someone will go all that way only to print a small run of testpressings without actually releasing something.

Yeah, get your point, but then again, it only proves most of us are here rather to leave some smartass comments instead of being helpful, right? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: