P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Anti-Christian sentiment in the American Metal underground
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutterofgums

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it is sorta weird that not more of the extreme metal acts have issues with islam. It would be much more extreme these days spewing contempt, hate and anger over xtremists of this religion than their sorryassed half bretheren of the christian faith?????? Do they fear getting beheaded by their muslim neighbour or something??

Yeah, I love questionmarks, but fucking hate religion.

Good traders:minge-eater,CR 99,Grief, bmdk666, s.charlach, Mutta, Face Fate Records, Ichor, Ancient_Tyranny, Mz412, Jesus Iglesias, passetiermes
karimlan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacy Catlin wrote:
karimlan wrote:
Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Anyone remember in the UK those banners saying 'Behead those that insult Islam'?

There is a new more dangerous enemy here, time for a new war!!! Razz Laughing

Absolutely. Words and symbols first but I say readiness to take it to the next level when it does happen.

Pretty sure this war has been going on for about 8 years now. And by war I mean actual war, not some t shirt slogans.

Yeah, sure they're at war with most of us but how many of us are at war with them?
Kapalika

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutterofgums wrote:
But it is sorta weird that not more of the extreme metal acts have issues with islam. It would be much more extreme these days spewing contempt, hate and anger over xtremists of this religion than their sorryassed half bretheren of the christian faith?????? Do they fear getting beheaded by their muslim neighbour or something??

Yeah, I love questionmarks, but fucking hate religion.

Nah, one would be accused by fellow non-muslims as "racist" probably. Wink Political correctness is a wonderful thing.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKK METAL VVAR AGAINST PISSLAM!!! Very Happy

The time has come, lets take this as a call to arms!!! And yes I think people are scared of getting beheaded so its not done.
Jacy Catlin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the actual war (referring to current wars in Afghanistan and Iraq) can easily be signed up for if you live in a country fighting there.

Back on the subject of the original post, there is a 60 minute documentary from probably the early 90s called "666- At Calling Death" which has interviews with bands and would be a concrete/verifiable source for quotes/opinions for your paper.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but I'm talking black metal war!!! Very Happy
Jacy Catlin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Yeah but I'm talking black metal war!!! Very Happy

They will be shaking in their boots! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Anti-Christian sentiment in the American Metal undergrou Reply with quote

sorry, I'm lazy and did not read through all the pages...

Morbid Angel interviews in the Formulas Fatal to the Flesh era are pretty good in regards to what you are looking for. I don't know of any specific one, but most of them were good in the context of which you speak... King Diamond is another good interview... Vincent Crowley of Acheron... etc...

I don't recall any Immolation ones being all that great...

Dodens Grav wrote:
Greetings, I was wondering, with the massive collections that some people have here, if anybody had some good interviews with American Metal bands that express a dissatisfaction with Christianity, or religion more broadly. I'm working on a paper for school, and I'm looking for some interview resources, but right now the internet is not turning up much useful information. If anybody knows of any good links to interview transcripts, or even if I can get anybody to actually photocopy an interview, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm thinking of bands along the lines of Morbid Angel, Possessed, Hellwitch, Holy Terror, Satan's Host, etc., older bands preferably. Preferably bands who actually have something intelligent to so and are not laughably immature. And remember, it has to be American bands, and it has to be documentable (year/place of publication, page number, etc.). If anybody could help, I wouldn't be able to thank you enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: