P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

HAIL OF BULLETS "...Of Frost And War"
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Beelzebubba



Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 286
Location: NC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I just got the vinyl from Iron Pegasus. I'll be adding that along with a bunch of there stuff to the site soon.

Finally! I've been dying to get my hands on that MLP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vorfeed



Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Posts: 1225
Location: New Mexico, USA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of a shame that the Metal Blade Germany stuff has such poor distribution in the US. The prices in their shop are painful once you factor in the shipping. That said, if it's anything like the mini-LP, this record will be more than worth pre-ordering. Should be one of the best records of 2008, if not the best.

Metal Blade was not willing to support a US tour for Bolt Thrower after Those Once Loyal, but maybe they'll give more tour support to Hail of Bullets...? I'd love the chance to see this stuff played live.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Asphyxiation



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 1010
Location: The Black Abyss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty ASPHYXish stuff, nevertheless very decent and enjoyable - a damn good MLP. Anyway, I'm awaiting the album... despite of all possible sell-out incriminations.
_________________
ABHORROT | TERRORGHOUL PROD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Beelzebubba



Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 286
Location: NC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
It's kind of a shame that the Metal Blade Germany stuff has such poor distribution in the US. The prices in their shop are painful once you factor in the shipping. That said, if it's anything like the mini-LP, this record will be more than worth pre-ordering.

Yeah, the US dollar keeps losing value every day it seems, but I pre-ordered it anyway. Laughing

vorfeed wrote:
Metal Blade was not willing to support a US tour for Bolt Thrower after Those Once Loyal, but maybe they'll give more tour support to Hail of Bullets...? I'd love the chance to see this stuff played live.

If Bolt Thrower couldn't get a US tour, then I seriously doubt Hail Of Bullets will be able to. The only way I envision them playing in the USA would be as part of a festival.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Invictus Productions



Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Posts: 673
Location: Dublin, IRELAND

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asphyxiation wrote:
despite of all possible sell-out incriminations.

I'd hardly call having a record on Metal Blade a "sell out". I just think that their particular brand of death metal isn't in anyway "mainstream".
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Asphyxiation



Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 1010
Location: The Black Abyss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as said, possible incriminations; I did not say anything like "this is sellout-fuck off"; I actually like that stuff myself.

anyway, I could think of people that might be seeing this differently, that's all I said.
_________________
ABHORROT | TERRORGHOUL PROD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
vorfeed



Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Posts: 1225
Location: New Mexico, USA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beelzebubba wrote:
If Bolt Thrower couldn't get a US tour, then I seriously doubt Hail Of Bullets will be able to. The only way I envision them playing in the USA would be as part of a festival.

Agreed... but then again, Metal Blade is already doing much more for HoB than they ever did for Those Once Loyal (there's a myspace contest, a shirt with the die-hard CD, bi-weekly media "updates" through Blabbermouth and the like, etc). Their promotional blitz on this one is comparatively huge.

At any rate, I hope this is a sign that Metal Blade will start pushing this kind of metal in the US, tours or not -- with Desaster, Bolt Thrower, and now HoB, they have a pretty great lineup of bands that deserve more exposure outside of Europe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Beelzebubba



Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 286
Location: NC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
Beelzebubba wrote:
If Bolt Thrower couldn't get a US tour, then I seriously doubt Hail Of Bullets will be able to. The only way I envision them playing in the USA would be as part of a festival.

Agreed... but then again, Metal Blade is already doing much more for HoB than they ever did for Those Once Loyal (there's a myspace contest, a shirt with the die-hard CD, bi-weekly media "updates" through Blabbermouth and the like, etc). Their promotional blitz on this one is comparatively huge.

The promotional campaign seems to be aimed more towards the European audience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dronevil



Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 1708
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I just got the vinyl from Iron Pegasus. I'll be adding that along with a bunch of there stuff to the site soon.

how many copies did you get? thinking of if i should order straight away or wait until the wfg die hard arrives...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ross Liew



Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 1604
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
Beelzebubba wrote:
If Bolt Thrower couldn't get a US tour, then I seriously doubt Hail Of Bullets will be able to. The only way I envision them playing in the USA would be as part of a festival.

Agreed... but then again, Metal Blade is already doing much more for HoB than they ever did for Those Once Loyal (there's a myspace contest, a shirt with the die-hard CD, bi-weekly media "updates" through Blabbermouth and the like, etc). Their promotional blitz on this one is comparatively huge.

At any rate, I hope this is a sign that Metal Blade will start pushing this kind of metal in the US, tours or not -- with Desaster, Bolt Thrower, and now HoB, they have a pretty great lineup of bands that deserve more exposure outside of Europe.


I believe its just busines - death metal is seeing a revival (so is Asphyx) and with Martin van Drunen in the band, what better way to capitalise on his presence?
_________________
Looking for DEATH METAL bands!
Get in TOUCH!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group