P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

HAIL OF BULLETS "...Of Frost And War"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beelzebubba

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I just got the vinyl from Iron Pegasus. I'll be adding that along with a bunch of there stuff to the site soon.

Finally! I've been dying to get my hands on that MLP.
vorfeed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of a shame that the Metal Blade Germany stuff has such poor distribution in the US. The prices in their shop are painful once you factor in the shipping. That said, if it's anything like the mini-LP, this record will be more than worth pre-ordering. Should be one of the best records of 2008, if not the best.

Metal Blade was not willing to support a US tour for Bolt Thrower after Those Once Loyal, but maybe they'll give more tour support to Hail of Bullets...? I'd love the chance to see this stuff played live.
Asphyxiation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty ASPHYXish stuff, nevertheless very decent and enjoyable - a damn good MLP. Anyway, I'm awaiting the album... despite of all possible sell-out incriminations.
Beelzebubba

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
It's kind of a shame that the Metal Blade Germany stuff has such poor distribution in the US. The prices in their shop are painful once you factor in the shipping. That said, if it's anything like the mini-LP, this record will be more than worth pre-ordering.

Yeah, the US dollar keeps losing value every day it seems, but I pre-ordered it anyway. Laughing

vorfeed wrote:
Metal Blade was not willing to support a US tour for Bolt Thrower after Those Once Loyal, but maybe they'll give more tour support to Hail of Bullets...? I'd love the chance to see this stuff played live.

If Bolt Thrower couldn't get a US tour, then I seriously doubt Hail Of Bullets will be able to. The only way I envision them playing in the USA would be as part of a festival.
Invictus Productions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asphyxiation wrote:
despite of all possible sell-out incriminations.

I'd hardly call having a record on Metal Blade a "sell out". I just think that their particular brand of death metal isn't in anyway "mainstream".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as said, possible incriminations; I did not say anything like "this is sellout-fuck off"; I actually like that stuff myself.

anyway, I could think of people that might be seeing this differently, that's all I said.
vorfeed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beelzebubba wrote:
If Bolt Thrower couldn't get a US tour, then I seriously doubt Hail Of Bullets will be able to. The only way I envision them playing in the USA would be as part of a festival.

Agreed... but then again, Metal Blade is already doing much more for HoB than they ever did for Those Once Loyal (there's a myspace contest, a shirt with the die-hard CD, bi-weekly media "updates" through Blabbermouth and the like, etc). Their promotional blitz on this one is comparatively huge.

At any rate, I hope this is a sign that Metal Blade will start pushing this kind of metal in the US, tours or not -- with Desaster, Bolt Thrower, and now HoB, they have a pretty great lineup of bands that deserve more exposure outside of Europe.
Beelzebubba

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
Beelzebubba wrote:

Agreed... but then again, Metal Blade is already doing much more for HoB than they ever did for Those Once Loyal (there's a myspace contest, a shirt with the die-hard CD, bi-weekly media "updates" through Blabbermouth and the like, etc). Their promotional blitz on this one is comparatively huge.

The promotional campaign seems to be aimed more towards the European audience.
dronevil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I just got the vinyl from Iron Pegasus. I'll be adding that along with a bunch of there stuff to the site soon.

how many copies did you get? thinking of if i should order straight away or wait until the wfg die hard arrives...
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vorfeed wrote:
Beelzebubba wrote:

At any rate, I hope this is a sign that Metal Blade will start pushing this kind of metal in the US, tours or not -- with Desaster, Bolt Thrower, and now HoB, they have a pretty great lineup of bands that deserve more exposure outside of Europe.

I believe its just busines - death metal is seeing a revival (so is Asphyx) and with Martin van Drunen in the band, what better way to capitalise on his presence?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: